1. Which state government launched toll-free CM helpline 1076?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Himachal Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
2. Consider the following statements:
1. The government plans to form 10,000 farmer producer organisations (FPOs) in the next five years.
2. An FPO can raise capital only from farmer members or get grants from the government, which are usually meagre.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. The International Monetary Fund Executive Board approved what amount of loan for Pakistan to try to right the nation’s economy?
A. $ 5 billion
B. $ 6 billion
C. $ 7 billion
D. $ 8 billion
4. Consider the following statements:
1. The Centre inked pact with IBM India for undertaking a pilot study to utilise Artificial Intelligence (AI) and weather technology solutions in agriculture in one district each in three states.
2. The pilot study will be conducted for the Kharif crop season 2019 in three districts – Bhopal, Rajkot and Nanded – in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra, respectively.
5. Where is the India’s first Design Development Centre?
6. GVConsider the following statements:
1. Tata Steel Kalinganagar included in WEF’s Global Lighthouse Network
2. Tata Steel’s IJmuiden plant at the Netherlands is already a member of this network.
7. Who is awarded with Global Excellence Award 2019?
A. Azim Premji and Ajay Banga
B. Ajay Banga and Neeta Ambani
C. Lakshmi Mittal and Neeta Ambani
D. Mukesh Ambani and Ratan Tata
8. Consider the following statements:
1. Bangladesh declares its rivers ‘legal persons’.
2. Bangladesh became the fourth nation after Colombia, India and New Zealand to honour its waterways with such status.
3. Most of Bangladesh’s rivers are branches and tributaries of two main Himalayan rivers — the Ganges and the Brahmaputra which flow through Bangladesh before reaching the Bay of Bengal.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
9. When was International Day of Cooperatives observed observed?
A. July 12th
B. July 13th
C. July 10th
D. July 6th
10. Consider the following statements related to Christine Lagarde:
1. Christine Lagarde was nominated as the president of the European Central Bank.
2. Christine Lagarde was the first woman to head the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
3. European Central Bank was established on 1 June 1998.
Answer: 1) A
The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a toll-free Chief Minister helpline 1076.It will enable people from across the state to register their complaints, ensure time-bound action on the complaints. According to CM Yogi Aditya Nath, he will personally review the complaints every month. If a department gets more than 100 complaints in a month, action will be taken against the concerned officials. The 500-seater call centre has been established for the helpline and it has the capacity to handle 80,000 inbounds and 55,000 outbound calls on daily basis. When the complainant calls the helpline, he/she will get an SMS informing that the complaint has been sent to the department concerned.The Chief Minister’s helpline number 1076 will work 24×7 and anyone from any part of the state can call on this number anytime.
Answer: 2) C
The government plans to form 10,000 farmer producer organisations (FPOs) in the next five years.This is expected to help small and marginal cultivators team up to get lower rates for inputs and sell produce at higher rates.The budget proposal to set up 10,000 FPOs is a path-breaking step to ensure economies of scale for farmers.An FPO can raise capital only from farmer members or get grants from the government, which are usually meagre.Currently, 3,500 FPOs have been registered and another 3,000 are under promotion, said Pravesh Sharma, former head of the Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium.
Answer: 3) B
The IMF has approved a USD 6 billion loan over a period of 3 years for cash strapped Pakistan. The USD 6 billion financial aid includes an immediate disbursement of USD 1 billion to help Pakistan address its balance of payment crisis. The approved loan aims to support Pakistan’s economic plan, which aims to return sustainable growth to the country’s economy and improve the standards of living.
Answer: 4) C
The Centre inked pact with IBM India for undertaking a pilot study to utilise Artificial Intelligence (AI) and weather technology solutions in agriculture in one district each in three states.The pilot study will be conducted for the Kharif crop season 2019 in three districts – Bhopal, Rajkot and Nanded – in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra, respectively.IBM’s Watson Decision Platform will give solution in the field of agriculture through AI and weather technology at village level/ farm level to provide weather forecast and soil moisture information on the pro bono basis to help farmers for taking decisions regarding water and crop management for better production and productivity.
Answer: 5) A
India’s first Design Development Center ‘Fashionova’ was launched in the Textile city Surat. The centre will promote the city in the field of the fashion design sector. It will also fulfill the business needs from co-working space, technicians, expert advises to cognitive workshops and exposure to the industry.
Answer: 6) C
Tata Steel Kalinganagar becomes the first and the only Indian manufacturing plant that has been included in prestigious Lighthouse Network of the World Economic Forum. TSK in Odisha’s Jajpur district commissioned at May 2016 included as one in 10 new factories added in Global Lighthouse Network which has 16 existing lighthouses across multiple geographies and industries.Tata Steel’s IJmuiden plant at the Netherlands is already a member of this network.
About TATA steel
Answer: 7) A
The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum has announced that Mastercard CEO and President Ajay Banga and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji will receive the 2019 Global Excellence Awards. This is the Second Annual Leadership Summit of USISPF.They have been honored with the awards for their significant contribution to strengthening economic ties between the US and India.
Answer: 8) D
Bangladesh’s high court has granted the country’s rivers the rights and status of “living entities” in a bid to save them from encroachment. Bangladesh became the fourth nation after Colombia, India and New Zealand to honour its waterways with such status. The court appointed the country’s River Conservation Commission as the legal guardian of all waterways and directed other state agencies to fully assist them. Most of Bangladesh’s rivers are branches and tributaries of two main Himalayan rivers — the Ganges and the Brahmaputra which flow through Bangladesh before reaching the Bay of Bengal.
Answer: 9) D
The International Day of Cooperatives observed every year on the first Saturday of July since 1923.The aim of this celebration is to increase awareness of cooperatives.
2019 theme: COOPS 4 DECENT WORK.According to a recent estimate, cooperatives around the world employ or are the main source of income for more than 279 million people—almost 10% of humanity’s total working population.
Answer: 10) D
International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde was nominated as the president of the European Central Bank.The nomination means Lagarde will step down two years before the end of her second five-year term at the helm of the IMF.Christine Lagarde would succeed Mario Draghi, whose term ends on October 31.
About Christine Lagarde
About the European Central Bank
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.