1. Consider the following statements:
1. The Madhya Pradesh State Action Plan for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance (MP-SAPCAR) was released by Tulsiram Silawat, the health minister of Madhya Pradesh (MP), at a stake-holder meeting in Bhopal.
2. MP has become the second state in India after Kerala to develop an action plan to manage antimicrobial resistance.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. India slipped to which position in the Global GDP ranking in 2018?
A. 7th place
B. 8th place
C. 6th place
D. 9th place
3. Consider the following statements:
1. The Chief Justice G. Rohini commission appointed in 2018 with the task of examining the sub-categorisation of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) within 6 weeks was given yet another extension of six months by the Union Cabinet.
2. It is a five-member panel formed under article 340 of Constitution.
4. When was birth anniversary of freedom fighter Pingali Venkayya?
A. July 28th
B. July 29 th
C. July 30 th
D. August 2nd
5. Consider the following statements:
1. Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore have designed an antimicrobial protein that promises to kill multidrug-resistant bacterium called Acinetobacter baumannii.
2. They used a bioinformatics approach to design a protein called Omega 76.
6. What products got BIS certificate?
B. kashmiri shawl
C. Taat saree
D. Vanarsi saree
7. Consider the following statements:
1. Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan Yojana 2019, A pension scheme for small traders
2. The scheme, which is an extension of the PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana, will make all beneficiaries eligible for a monthly pension of Rs 7000 after the age of 60 at a minuscule monthly contribution.
8. Which state’s Chief Minister started the Vhali Dikri Yojna’?
A. Chief Minister of Goa
B. Chief Minister of Bihar
C. Chief Minister of Gujarat
D. Chief Minister of Rajasthan
9. When will the Deep Ocean Mission begin?
A. 25 October 2019
B. 26 October 2019
C. 27 October 2019
D. 31 October 2019
10. Consider the following statements:
1. India, Russia sign Rs 1500 crore deal for R-27 air-to-air missiles.
2. The missiles have been acquired under 10-I projects.
3. The R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile developed by Russia .
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Answer: 1) C
The Madhya Pradesh State Action Plan for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance (MP-SAPCAR) was released by Tulsiram Silawat, the health minister of Madhya Pradesh (MP), at a stake-holder meeting in Bhopal. With this, MP has become the second state in India after Kerala to develop an action plan to manage antimicrobial resistance (AMR). The MP-SAPCAR focuses on a ‘One Health’ approach to containing AMR through six key strategic priority areas and multi-sectoral involvement.
AMR is a global public health threat, according to the World Health Organization. Misuse of antibiotics in humans, animals, and aquaculture contributes to AMR. Also, poor management of waste from farms, factories, healthcare settings and households adds to the problem. With rising AMR, antibiotics are increasingly becoming ineffective for treating diseases in humans. If there is no timely containment, AMR is likely to cause nearly 10 million deaths by 2050 and result in significant global economic losses.
Answer: 2) A
According to the World Bank’s Report, India has been pushed to the 7th place in the global GDP rankings in 2018.In 2017, India had emerged as the 6th largest economy. The US remains the top economy with a GDP of USD 20.5 trillion in 2018.China was the second-largest economy with USD 13.6 trillion, while Japan took third place with USD 5 trillion. India’s GDP was at USD 2.7 trillion in 2018, while UK and France were at USD 2.8 trillion.
Gross domestic product
Answer: 3) B
A commission appointed in 2017 with the task of examining the sub-categorisation of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) within 12 weeks was on Wednesday given yet another extension of six months by the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said the decision to extend the commission’s term till January 31, 2020 was to enable it complete its work with the States “where there are some anomalies”.
Chief Justice G. Rohini commission
Answer: 4) D
Answer: 5) C
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore have designed an antimicrobial protein that promises to kill multidrug-resistant bacterium called Acinetobacter baumannii. They used a bioinformatics approach to design a protein called Omega 76. Experiments showed that it killed the bacterium by breaking down its cell membrane.
Conventional drugs act by blocking specific pathways or processes in bacterial cells but bacteria evolve to gain resistance against such drugs. In recent times, a class of chemical molecules called antimicrobial peptides has emerged as an alternative. They promise to kill bacteria by breaking down their membranes. The new molecule belongs to this group.
Answer: 6) A
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published an Indian Standard for identification, marking and labelling of Pashmina products to certify its purity. In a message Union Minister of Textiles and Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani said that the certification will help curb the adulteration of Pashmina and also protect the interests of local artisans and nomads who are the producers of Pashmina raw material. It will also assure the purity of Pashmina for customers.
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
Answer: 7) A
The Centre’s pension scheme for small traders has been notified and is being introduced on a trial basis according to Union Labour and Employment Ministry. The scheme, which is an extension of the PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana, will make all beneficiaries eligible for a monthly pension of Rs 3000 after the age of 60 at a minuscule monthly contribution.
Answer: 8) C
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched the ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’ from his home town Rajkot. The scheme for the welfare of girl child has been launched to mark the 63th birth day of Chief Minister. It is a statewide cash incentive scheme for every girl child born in Gujarat, with a view to raising the female birthrate at par with male to achieve gender equality. According to scheme, the State Government will pay Rs. 4,000 to every girl child at the time of admission to Standard 4th, Rs. 6,000 at the time of taking admission to Standard IX, Rs. 1-lakh at the time of taking admission for higher education at the age of 18 and another Rs. 1-lakh at the time of marriage.
Answer: 9) D
The Deep Ocean Mission (DOM) to be led by the Union Earth Sciences Ministry will commence from 31 October 2019.The mission has received a go-ahead from the government. Expenditure plans will be drawn and circulated to various institutions affiliated to the Ministry for executing programmes. The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences had unveiled a blueprint of the programme in July 2018. A major thrust of the mission will be looking for metals and minerals.
Boosting its capabilities in beyond visual range warfare, India has signed a deal worth around Rs 1,500 crore to acquire R-27 air-to-air missiles from Russia to be equipped on the Su-30MKI combat aircraft. The Russian missiles with an extended range would give an added capability to the Sukhois to take on enemy aircraft at long ranges. The missiles have been acquired under 10-I projects which mandate the three services to maintain critical weapon systems and spares for a specified minimum period. The R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile developed by Russia for its MiG and Sukhoi series of fighter jets.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.