1. Which of the following institutions launched an Identity Check Express solution to secure the online transaction?
2. Consider the following statements:
1. IIT Madras partners with NIOT to harness electricity from ocean waves.
2. The Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT Madras, under the aegis of the Indian Government’s Department of Ocean Development has been working to bring wave energy closer to reality since 1985.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Union Human Resource and Development Ministry launched ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school Children in the country. Who is present HRD minister?
A. Smriti Jubin Irani
B. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
C. Dr Harshvardhan
D. Prakash Javadekar
4. Consider the following statements related to UNISA:
1. India signs the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA).
2. UNISA has been adopted in December 2016, which is resulting from Mediation, also known as the “Singapore Convention on Mediation” (the “Convention”).
3. It also contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), mainly the SDG 16.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. President Ram Nath Kovind conferred country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna on former President Pranab Mukherjee. He was _______ President of India?
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Special postage stamp to be released to commemorate golden jubilee of IFFI
2. The festival will take place from the 20th to 28th November in Goa.
3. Those interested may log in on to www.mygov.in to participate in the competition.
7. Which of the following Industry Body launched Digi “Vyapari-Safal Vyapari” initiative to accelerate acceptance of digital payments among merchants across the country?
8. Consider the following statements:
1. SpaceX launched AMOS-17 communication satellite by Falcon 9.
2. Amos-17 is set to replace Amos-5 satellite launched in 2011.
9. Which of the following state has topped the ranking in Breastfeeding and Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices in the country?
10. Star CricketerHashim Amla has announced his retirement from all forms of competitive cricket, he played for which of the following country?
B. South Africa
D. West Indies
Answer: 1) A
Global payment and technology company, Mastercard launched an Identity Check Express solution. It is a next-generation, mobile-first authentication solution to secure online transactions. The solution, will help eliminate unnecessary friction and enhance the security of online transactions. Mastercard Identity Check Express combines the latest technology, including device intelligence and behavioural biometrics, with the latest EMV 3-D Secure and FIDO authentication standards.
It will deliver an uninterrupted mobile payment experience. Identity Check Express was showcased at the Global Mastercard Cybersecurity Summit, held for the first time in India.
Answer: 2) A
Researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras and National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) are developing turbines that can harness the power of ocean waves to generate electricity. India’s long coastline and many estuaries and gulfs provide ample opportunities to harness wave power to meet rising energy needs. The Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT Madras, under the aegis of the Indian Government’s Department of Ocean Development has been working to bring wave energy closer to reality since 1983.The most recent research IIT Madras in collaboration with National Institute of Ocean Technology, is being funded by ministry of earth sciences. It focuses on improving the devices and machines used for wave energy harvesting.
Answer: 3) B
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school Children in the country. Inspired by Prime Minister’s impetus to Jal Sanchay, Government of India has launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA). This concept of water conservation is essential for students so that they can understand the importance of water and how it is shaping their lives meaningfully, thereby enabling them to participate in water conservation activities in their day to day lives. This drive has been launched by the Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD to promote water conservation activities for School Students, so that they can become competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of our nation.
The five Major Objectives Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha
Answer: 4) B
The United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements was signed by India’s High Commissioner to Singapore representing the Government of India.46 countries signed the treaty named Singapore Convention on Mediation.
Answer: 5) D
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratnaon former President Pranab Mukherjee and posthumously on social activist Nanaji Deshmukh and singer Bhupen Hazarika. Pranab Mukherjeereceived the award from the President, at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan. Bhupen Hazarika’s son Tej Hazarika received the award on his behalf. While a relative of Nanaji Deshmukh, Virender Jeet Singh received the award for him. Mukherjee, 83, served the country as its 13th President for five years from July 25, 2012 and emerged in the role as a respected and admired leader whose words were 13th President heard with attention.
Answer: 6) D
To commemorate the Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI), PIBA special Postage Stamp and First Day Cover will be released. The festival will take place from the 20th to 28th November in Goa. Competition for designing the Postage Stamp and First Day Cover has been launched by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on MyGov platform. Those interested may log in on to www.mygov.in to participate in the competition.The contest is open till 15th August. The winner will receive a Certificate of Appreciation along with travel and hospitality for three nights and three days to Goa to attend the Festival.
Answer: 7) C
Traders body Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) has launched an initiative — Digi Vyapari-Safal Vyapari. This is to accelerate acceptance of digital payments among merchants across the country. For this the CAIT has partnered with HDFC Bank, Mastercard, Common Service Centres (CSCs) of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) and Global Linkers.
Answer: 8) C
American carrier rocket Falcon 9 lifts off successfully the Israeli AMOS-17 communication satellite into the orbit. The rocket was launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. Amos-17 is set to replace Amos-5 satellite launched in 2011.Communication with Amos-5 was lost in 2015. Amos-17, built by Boeing, will provide Ka, Ku and C-band signal transmission and expand Israeli communications satellite operator Spacecom’s coverage in Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
Answer: 9) A
Manipur has topped the ranking in Breastfeeding and Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices in the country. Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar are at the bottom positions in the report card. National capital Delhi is also among the worst-performing States. The Breastfeeding report card has been developed by devising a composite score based on three indicators namely early initiation of breastfeeding, exclusive breastfeeding for six months and complimentary feeding at 6-8 months of child’s age.
Answer: 10) B
Hashim Amla announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket. Hashim Amla made his international debut in a Test match vs India in Kolkata in 2004.Amla played 349 matches across three formats for the Proteas, scoring more than 18 000 runs. Amla is the fastest batsman to reach 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 ODI runs. Amla will continue to play domestic T20 cricket in South Africa. Amla is the second South African cricketer to end his international career this week after fast bowler Dale Steyn. Amla retires from the sport after having played 124 Tests, 181 ODIs and 44 T20 internationals for the Proteas.
Amla amassed 9282 runs in Tests at an average of 46.64 with 28 hundreds and 41 fifties while in ODIs he scored 8113 runs at 49.46 with 27 centuries and 39 half-centuries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.