1. Who has partnered with NITI Aayog for the 2019 Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards?
C. Face book
2. Consider the following statements related to Kajin Sara Lake:
1. Kajin Sara lake is located at an altitude of 5,200 metres.
2. Newly-Discovered Lake in Bhutan Likely to Become World’s Highest.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Which of the following ministries has launched e-version of Rozgar Samachar?
A. Ministry of Home Affairs
B. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
C. Ministry of Environment
D. Ministry of Human Resource Development
4. Consider the following statements related to Rotavirus:
1. Rotavirus is a very contagious virus that causes diarrhoea.
2. There are nine species of rotavirus, referred to as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and K.
3. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare have been decided to provide Rotavirus vaccine to every child across all states and UTs by September 2019.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Which of the following states Government has launched ‘ Vriksharopan Mahakumbh’ campaign?
C. Uttar Pradesh
6. Consider the following statements:
1. India’s longest ropeway project connecting Mumbai with the Elephanta Caves will soon clear the final hurdle.
2. The 8-km ropeway will begin from Sewri in Mumbai’s east coast and end at Raigad district’s Elephanta Island.
7. On whose life is the book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ based which was launched on August 11, 2019?
A. Shri Ram Nath Kovind
B. Narendra Modi
C. Manmohan Singh
D. Shri Venkaiah Naidu
8. Consider the following statements:
1. RBL Bank launches India’s first health-focused credit card.
2. This credit card is powered by Mastercard and is available on both Practo and RBL mobile apps and websites.
3. Practo is currently the only platform in the country that lets patients manage their healthcare needs end-to-end.
9. On which date was International Youth Day celebrated?
A. August 7
B. August 12
C. August 8
D. August 9
10. Which state has launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’?
B. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: 1) A
The policy think tank of the government of India, NITI Aayog has launched the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards in the capital. The Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs from across India. This year’s theme is ‘women and Entrepreneurship’, in continuation of the theme for WTI Awards 2018. During the launch Amitabh Kant, CEO NITI Aayog, Ms. Renata Lok-Dessallien, UN Coordinator in India and partners of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) were present. The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is a Government of India initiative by NITI Aayog to promote and support aspiring as well as established women entrepreneurs in India. WhatsApp has collaborated with NITI Aayog for WTI Awards 2019 and will be providing support amounting to US $100,000 to award winners. Nominations for the awards will be opened immediately after the launch.
Answer: 2) A
Kajin Sara Lake a newly-discovered lake in Nepal is likely to set a new record of being the world’s highest lake. It will replace Tilicho Lake which is situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres in the Himalayan nation which is currently the world’s highest lake.
Kajin Sara lake
Answer: 3) B
The e-version of Rozgar Samachar has been launched recently by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar. It has been launched with a view to make aspirants aware of job opportunities in government sector including public sector enterprises. It will also provide information and guidance about admission and career opportunities in various streams through career-oriented articles by experts. It can be accessed by visiting the website www.employmentnews.gov.in and clicking on the e-version tab.
Answer: 4) B
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare have been decided to provide Rotavirus vaccine to every child across all states and UTs by September 2019. The Government is committed to ending morbidity and mortality in children due to the diarrhoea by 2022.
Answer: 5) C
To mark the 77th anniversary of Quit India movement, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘Vriksharopan Mahakumbh’.The drive has created a world record after planting more than 22 crore saplings. The state also entered the Guinness World Records’ for distributing 76,823 saplings simultaneously in six hours across the state.
Answer: 6) C
India’s longest ropeway project connecting Mumbai with the Elephanta Caves will soon clear the final hurdle. The initiative is to be executed by the Mumbai Port Trust, under the Ministry of Shipping. The 8-km ropeway will begin from Sewri in Mumbai’s east coast and end at Raigad district’s Elephanta Island. The Elephanta caves, located on the Elephanta Islands, off Mumbai, was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1987, due to which clearance will have to be taken from Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), besides the Indian Navy, Coast Guard and the Ministry of Environment.
Answer: 7) D
Home Minister Amit Shah released a book titled ‘Listening, Learning & Leading’ chronicling the two years in office by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. The book was released in Chennai at a function organised by Information and Broadcasting Ministry. The book captures the glimpses of the Vice President’s 330 public engagements across the country in the last two years. The book also showcases the Vice President’s feat as the Rajya Sabha Chairman in enhancing its effectiveness and promoting its efficiency.
Answer: 8) D
RBL Bank and digital healthcare platform Practo have partnered to launch an industry first co-branded health credit card. This credit card is powered by Mastercard and is available on both Practo and RBL mobile apps and websites. It offers benefits like unlimited and round-the-clock online consultations with experienced and qualified doctors, one free full body health check-up, while users can use the card to earn points that can be redeemed for availing Practo services like ordering medicine, tests and online consultations. Practo is currently the only platform in the country that lets patients manage their healthcare needs end-to-end.
Answer: 9) B
The United Nations’ (UN) International Youth Day is celebrated on August 12 each year to recognize efforts of the world’s youth in enhancing global society. It is meant as an opportunity for governments and others to draw attention to youth issues worldwide.
2019 Theme: ‘Transforming education’
Answer: 10) C
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the Jharkhand government’s ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’. Under this money will be directly transferred into the bank accounts of farmers in the state. Under the scheme, beneficiaries having farmland of less than one acre to five acres will get 5,000 to 25,000 rupees in their bank accounts. Under the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana, approximately 35 lakh farmers will benefit and by October 3,000 crore rupees will be sent in the accounts of the beneficiaries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.