1. Which player has announced his retirement from international cricketer?
A. Venugopal Rao
B. Harbhajan Singh
C. Virat Kohli
D. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Consider the following statements :
1. The Union Cabinet approved increasing the number of judges in the top court from the present 31 to 34, including the Chief Justice of India.
2. The Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Act, 1966 originally provided for a maximum of 10 judges (excluding the Chief Justice of India).
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Which Union Minister has launched Atal Community Innovation Center ?
A. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
B. Steel minister Dharmendra Pradhan
C. Home Minister Amit Shah
D. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh
4. Consider the following statements :
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow, Russia.
2. Its primary objective to liaise with various Government and space agencies in the USA and Europe, respectively.
3. This will help for extensive uninterrupted coordination & interface support for the increased level of international technical collaboration.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. According to the recent global ranking, what is the world’s best city for students?
6. Consider the following statements :
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA) resulting from mediation by the Republic of India.
2. The United Nations General Assembly adopted the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements Resulting from Mediation (“the Convention”) on 20th December 2018.
7. Who is to become the next speaker of Karnataka assembly?
A. K R Ramesh Kumar
B. B S Yediyurappa
C. Govind Karjol
D. Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri
8. Consider the following statements:
1. The Finance Ministry has imposed definitive anti-dumping duty on all imports of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) from South Korea and Thailand.
2. Dumping is the practice whereby the exporting nation sells its goods and services at a price lower than the price at which the importing nation sells the same goods and services within its domestic market.
9. Which among the following nations has granted visa exemption to Indian tourists?
B. Sri Lanka
10. Consider the following statements related to Kapil Dev:
1. Kapil Dev honoured with Bharat Gaurav Award.
2. Kapil had signed for East Bengal on June 22, 1982.
3. East Bengal club officially started the centenary celebrations on its foundation day (1st August) with a glittering ceremony at the Netaji Indoor Stadium in Kolkata.
Answer: 1) A
India cricketer and Andhra Pradesh skipper Venugopal Rao announced retirement from all forms of the game. Y.Venugopala Rao, former captain of Andhra Ranji team and India international has represented India in 16 ODIs, and 65 IPL matches.
He played his last ODI against West Indies at Basseterre on May 23, 2006. Rao played 121 first-class matches scoring 7,081 runs with 17 hundred and 30 fifties to his credit. From 2008-2014 he played for Deccan Chargers and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
Answer: 2) A
The Union Cabinet approved increasing the number of judges in the top court from the present 31 to 34, including the Chief Justice of India. At present, the sanctioned strength of the apex court is 31.
Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Act, 1956
Answer: 3) B
Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas &Steel ShriDharmendra Pradhan launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) in New Delhi, to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level. This initiative aims to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society.Mr Pradhan said, Atal Innovation Mission has a key role to perform in order to achieve the target of five trillion dollar economy by 2025. He urged the NITI Aayog to open innovation Centres in all Gram Panchayats of the country to promote local innovation.Sh Pradhan said innovation is part of every Indian’s daily affairs and thereis need to support and promote them.He said that traditional and conventional knowledge available in the country needs to be supported and brought into the mainstream, through innovative mechanism.
Answer: 4) D
The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow, Russia. It will enable effective technical coordination for timely interventions on diversified matters with Russia and neighbouring countries for realization of the programmatic targets of ISRO. The Liaison Officer, deputed at ITLU from ISRO provides technical information about the developments in research and technology and inputs arising from their meetings with researchers, government agencies and industries in the respective countries. They also support the ongoing bilateral programmes of cooperation in space technology and act on behalf of ISRO on the matters referred.
ISRO Technical Liaison Units
Answer: 5) C
UK’s capital London has been named as the world’s best city for students for the second consecutive year. As per new worldwide rankings, London beat international cities like Tokyo and Melbourne that came second and third respectively. According to the rankings, India’s best student city is Bangalore (81st), followed by Mumbai (85th), Delhi at 113 and Chennai at 115 out of a total of 120 cities ranked in the list. The ‘QS Best Student Cities Ranking’ compiled by global education consultancy QS Quacquarelli Symonds highlights each city’s performance across six categories – the number of top-ranked universities; the proportion of a city’s population.
Answer: 6) C
The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA) resulting from mediation by the Republic of India. The meditation scheduled to be held at Singapore on 7th August 2019, or at United Nations Headquarters.
Answer: 7) D
Six-time MLA Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri was unanimously elected as the Speaker of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly. The Opposition Congress and the Janata Dal (Secular) did not field any candidate. The post fell vacant after KR Ramesh Kumar resigned as the Speaker of the Assembly shortly after the BJP government won the trust vote. Kageri, who represents the Sirsi constituency in Uttara Kannada.
Answer: 8) C
The Finance Ministry has imposed definitive anti-dumping duty on all imports of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) from South Korea and Thailand. Purified terephthalic acid is primary raw material in the manufacture of polyester chips, which in turn are used in a number of applications in textile, packaging, furnishings, consumer goods, resins and coatings.
Answer: 9) B
Answer: 10) B
India’s first World Cup-winning cricket captain Kapil Dev (60 years) has been conferred with the East Bengal’s highest honour, ‘Bharat Gaurav’. Kapil had signed for East Bengal on June 22, 1992, and played for 27 minutes six days later as a substitute forward in an exhibition match against arch-rivals Mohun Bagan. Bhaichung Bhutia honoured with “identifying and nurturing the icon’ award, while former India captains, Manoranjan Bhattacharya and Bhaskar Ganguly have given Lifetime Achievement awards. The club also honoured legendary PK Banerjee with the ‘Coach of coaches’ award, while Laldanmawia Ralte was given ‘Best Footballer of the Year’ award.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.