1. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court?
A. Justice Vikram Nath
B. Justice Govind Mathur
C. Raghvendra Singh Chauhan
D. Hrishikesh Roy
2. Consider the following statements:
1. Madhya Pradesh govt to allow people to adopt cows online.
2. Those adopting for a month will have to pay Rs 2,200 and those willing to adopt for 15 days will have to pay Rs 1,100.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Who among the following has been selected for the prestigious ‘Sarala Puraskar-2019” (40th edition) for his poetry work ‘Charu Chibar O Charjya’?
A. Nabanita Debsen
B. Pradeep Dash
C. Vijay Sharma
D. Birendra Kumar Samantray
4. International Day for South-South Cooperation observed?
A. September 11
B. September 12
C. September 13
D. September 14
5. ‘Onam’ is a harvest festival celebrated in which of the following states?
B. Andhra Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
6. Consider the following statements related to Kisan Mandhan Yojana :
1. PM Modi launches Kisan Mandhan Yojana in Ranchi.
2. The scheme is voluntary and contributory for farmers in the entry age group of 18 to 40 years and a monthly pension of Rs. 3000/- will be provided to them on attaining the age of 60 years.
7. Which of the following companies has been selected to set up India’s first Digital Capacity Center (DCC) by the NITI Aayog?
A. Google India
B. IBM India
D. McKinsey & Company
8. Consider the following statements:
1. India’s 2nd Scorpene-class submarine to be commissioned on September 27.
2. The first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari had been commissioned into the Indian Navy on December 2016.
9. Who among the following cricketers has become the first bowler to take 100 wickets in T20 International?
A. Lasith Malinga
B. Trent Bolt
C. Ken Richardson
D. Kiran Pollard
10. Who among the following has won the Italian Grand Prix 2019 at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza track, Italy?
A. Lewis Hamilton
B. Charles leclark
C. Daniel Ricardo
D. Max Verstappen
Answer: 1) A
Justice Vikram Nath has been appointed as the chief justice of the Gujarat High Court. He was administered the oath of office by Governor Acharya Devvrat at the Raj Bhavan in Gandhinagar .Earlier, the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the name of Justice Nath for the top post in the Gujarat High Court.
At present Mr Nath posted as a judge in the Allahabad High Court. The Gujarat High Court is the High Court of the state of Gujarat established under the Bombay State Re-organisation Act, 1960 after the state of Gujarat split from Bombay State.
Answer: 2) A
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to turn to the state’s people to seek donations for its ‘Project Gaushala’ by letting them adopt cows online. People can adopt a cow for a minimum of 15 days and can go on supporting it till the animal’s lifetime. While a lifetime adoption costs Rs 3 lakh, those willing to adopt a bovine for a year will have to pay Rs 21,000.Those adopting for a month will have to pay Rs 2,100 and those willing to adopt for 15 days will have to pay Rs 1,100.
Answer: 3) B
Noted Odia writer Pradeep Dash will receive the prestigious ‘Sarala Puraskar-2019” (40th edition) for his poetry work ‘Charu Chibar O Charjya’. Sarala Puraskar will receive a cash award of Rs. 5 lakhs along with a citation at a special function scheduled to be held on 26th October 2019.It has been continuously awarded by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT).
Answer: 4) B
The International Day for South-South Cooperation is being observed every year on 12th September by United Nations (UN) to work on technical cooperation among developing countries. International days are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce the achievements of humanity. The theme for 2019: From Commitment to Action — Follow up to Buenos Aires Plan of Action+40.The Second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation (BAPA+40) was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina (20-22 March 2019).South-South Cooperation is a term historically used by policymakers and academics to describe the exchange of resources, technology, and knowledge between developing countries.
Answer: 5) C
The most popular annual harvest festival of Kerala ‘Onam’ is being celebrated in all its glory. It is a 10-day long festival from Atham to Thiruonam. Onam celebrations include Onasadya, Onakodi, Pookkalam, Vallam Kali, Pulikali etc.
The festival is celebrated to commemorate King Mahabali, whose spirit is said to visit Kerala at the time of Onam.
Answer: 6) C
Prime Minister Narandra Modi launched Kisan Mandhan Yojana and Khudra Vyapari Dukandar Swarozgar Pension Yojana in Ranchi.
Kisan Mandhan Yojana
Answer: 7) D
McKinsey & Company has secured a contract from the NITI Aayog to set up India’s first digital capability centre (DCC) at New Delhi. The Union government will act as a facilitator to bring together industry, academia and research on one platform to help set up the centre, which has to be driven by the private sector.
The Aayog has lined up extensive stakeholder consultations over the next few months to firm up the plan. DCC is a unique digital manufacturing learning centre offering company leaders and their workforces hands-on experience and workshops in next-generation technology.
Answer: 8) D
India’s second Scorpene-class attack submarine INS Khanderi will be commissioned into the Navy by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in Mumbai on September 28. The conventional diesel-electric submarine has been manufactured by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd in Mumbai. The first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari had been commissioned into the Indian Navy on December 2017. Under the Project 75 programme, India is committed to building six Scorpene-class submarines that also includes INS Kalvari and INS Khanderi.
Answer: 9) A
Sri Lanka’s Lasith Malinga (36-years) has become the first T20I bowler to take 100 wickets during the 3rd T20I against New Zealand. Malinga surpassed Pakistan spinner Shahid Afridi’s tally of 97 scalps to become the leading T20 wicket-taker.
He also took a hat-trick, dismissing 4 batsmen (Hamish Rutherford, Colin de Grandhomme, Ross Taylor and Munro) in 4 consecutive deliveries and became the first-ever bowler to pick up 2 hat-tricks in T20I cricket. Till now Lasith Malinga has claimed 5 hat-tricks in his international career.
Answer: 10) B
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc (21-years) has won the Italian Grand Prix 2019 (89th- edition) at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza track, Italy. Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes finished the race at 2nd and 3rd position respectively. Ferrari’s last win at Monza came in 2010 through Fernando Alonso. The Italian Grand Prix is the fifth oldest national Grand Prix (after the French Grand Prix, the American Grand Prize, the Spanish Grand Prix and the Russian Grand Prix), having been held since 1921.
Italian Grand Prix 2019 Result:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.