1. Which of the following banks has signed an MoU with the Indian Army under which the bank will offer customized services, along with a host of facilities to account holders?
A. Bank of baroda
B. State Bank of India
C. Punjab National Bank
D. Indian Bank
2. The Reserve Bank of India in its 4th bi-monthly monetary policy review reduced the real GDP growth for 2019-20 from 6.9% to ______?
3. Which of the following banks has announced the launch of ‘Express FD’, a digital fixed deposit (FD) product that allows the customer to open an FD account in three minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the bank?
A. ICICI Bank
B. HDFC bank
C. Axis Bank
D. Kotak Mahindra Bank
4. According to the IMD Smart City Index which of the following cities has been adjudged as the smartest city in the world?
A. Hong Kong
B. New York
5. How many agreements were signed between India and Bangladesh, during Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s visit to India?
6. In which state of India, Bambusiculmus tirapensis-the oldest bamboo species of Asia has been found?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
7. Which city will set up the first e-waste clinic in the India?
8. India’s first ‘Green cracker’ has been developed by which of the following organizations?
C. Indian Institute of Sciences
9. Consider the following statements:
1. Harmanpreet Kaur becomes first Indian to reach 100 T20Is.
2. The Indian female player closest to her is Mithali Raj, who retired from T20Is in September, with 99 appearances.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
10. Consider the following statements related to World Congress of Poets:
1. The World Congress of Poets was founded in 1959 by Amado M.Yuzon, Krishna Srinivas, Lou Lutour and Tin-Wen Chung.
2. Vice President of India addressed the valedictory ceremony of 39th World Congress of Poets at Bhubaneswar.
Answer: 1) A
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army, under which the bank will offer customized services, along with a host of facilities to account holders. The MoU includes free personal accident insurance cover, free air accident insurance cover of ₹15 lakh to ₹50 lakh, and an overdraft facility up to three times the monthly net salary. The features are also applicable for pensioners of the Indian Army up to the age of 70 years.
Answer: 2) B
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy review on 4th October 2019, reduced the policy repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 5.15 percent from 5.40 percent with immediate effect. The MPC on its 4th bimonthly meeting has also decided to continue with an accommodative stance as long as it is necessary to revive growth while ensuring that inflation remains within the target.
The key highlights of the bi-monthly monetary policy review is as follows:
Answer: 3) C
India’s third-largest private sector bank, the Axis Bank has announced the launch of ‘Express FD’, a digital fixed deposit (FD) product. It allows the customer to open an FD account in three minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the bank. ‘Express FD’ offers attractive interest rates, zero issuance fees and no penalty on pre-mature withdrawal of up to 25% of the amount. A customer can open an Express FD account by investing a minimum Rs 5,000 up to Rs 90,000, for a tenure of 6 to 12 months.
Answer: 4) D
According to the IMD Smart City Index, Singapore is the smartest city in the world. The first edition of the IMD Smart City Index 2019 ranks 102 cities worldwide. Zurich ranked second and Oslo is the third smartest city in the world.
The other smartest cities in the list are Geneva (4th), Copenhagen (5th), Auckland (6th), Taipei City (7th), Helsinki (8th), Bilbao (9th) and Dusseldorf (10th).
Singapore is only one of two Asian cities to be in the Top 10 of 102 cities. Taipei is the other at No. 7. The index assesses a city’s efforts and success in embracing smart technologies to improve the lives of its citizens, thus being able to rate each city on a certain level of ‘smartness’.
Indian cities in the index
Answer: 5) A
India and Bangladesh have signed an MoU that will enable Delhi to set up a coastal surveillance system radar in Bangladesh. The coastal surveillance system will pave way for Indo-Bangladesh White Shipping Agreement in future. This will be useful amid growing terror threats via seas.
Following seven agreements were signed between two countries during Bangladesh PM India visit:
Answer: 6) B
According to a study recently published in the journal Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, India is home to Asia’s oldest bamboo. A team of researchers-including international researchers, found two fossil compressions or impressions of bamboo culms (stems) and after further study noted them to be new species. These species were named Bambusiculmus tirapensis and B. makumensis – as they were found in the Tirap mine of Makum Coalfield in Assam. These species belonged to the late Oligocene period of about 25 million years ago.
Answer: 7) C
India’s first electronic-waste (e-waster) is going to be set up in Bhopal, capital of Madhya Pradesh. The clinic is being conceived in compliance with the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016. To set this clinic, the Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have joined hands. This clinic would enable segregation, processing and disposal of waste from both household and commercial units. First, the clinic will run in a three-month pilot project mode, if successful, would be replicated elsewhere in the country. Electronic waste will be collected door-to-door or could be deposited directly at the clinic in exchange for a fee. A separate carts for the collection of e-waste will be designed, or separate bins will be attached to existing ones meant for solid and wet waste.
Answer: 8) D
In a bid to resolve the crisis of air pollution, the Central Governnment on October 5, 2019 launched green firecrackers. Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan announced in a Press Conference in New Delhi, that Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) labs have been successful in developing various environment-friendly fireworks such as sound emitting crackers, flowerpots, pencils, chakkar and sparklers. He further pointed out that these fireworks, based on new formulations developed by CSIR, have been manufactured and are available in the Indian market for consumers and sellers.
Answer: 9) A
Harmanpreet Kaur became the first Indian to play 100 T20 International matches. Harmanpreet, who captains India in the shortest format of the game, turned up for the team in their sixth T20I against South Africa in Surat. Harmanpreet Kaur is among 10 female players who have reached the three-figure mark in terms of appearances. The Indian female player closest to her is Mithali Raj, who retired from T20Is in September, with 89 appearances. Overall, Harmanpreet has two more appearances in T20Is than MS Dhoni and Rohit Sharma, who have played the highest number of matches for India in men’s cricket.
Answer: 10) B
Recently Vice President of India addressed the valedictory ceremony of 39th World Congress of Poets at Bhubaneswar. The World Congress of Poets was founded in 1969 by Amado M.Yuzon, Krishna Srinivas, Lou Lutour and Tin-Wen Chung. It was held for the first time in Manila in 1969.This year the theme was “Compassion through Poetry.” It was held in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.