1. ‘World Toilet Day’ is observed on ______.
A. 19 November
B. 18 November
C. 17 November
D. 20 November
2. Which state’s two tea variety green tea and white tea have been registered as a geographical indication (GI) products in the country?
B. West Bengal
C. Tamil Nadu
3. Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan has launched the ‘SAANS’ campaign in which state?
4. In whose memory the Election Commission of India (ECI) has decided to establish and fund a visiting chair?
B. M / s. Gill
C. T.S. Krishnamurti
D. Tn Seshan
5. Name the launch vehicle by which India is set to launch its earth imaging and mapping satellite Cartosat-3 on November 25?
6. For which state’s Integrated and Sustainable Water Resources Management Investment Program the Government of India has signed USD 91 million loans with Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
7. Which scheme was launched by the Union Minister of Women and Child Development (WCD) and Textiles, Smriti Irani, along with Bill Gates for better nutritional outcomes New Delhi?
A. Rural Nutrition Agricultural Fund (GPKK)
B. Child Nutrition Agricultural Fund (BPKK)
C. Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK)
D. MP Nutrition Agricultural Fund (SPKK)
8. Famous footballer David Villa (37 years) has announced his retirement from football. He held from which country?
9. Recently IRCTC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) to market and operate the Golden Chariot Train. The Golden Chariot train which commenced operations in:
10. Who has been removed as the trustee of the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial through the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019?
A. Vice President of India
B. President of the Congress party
C. Prime Minister of Pakistan
D. Governor of Punjab
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Cabinet approves the Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019.
2. The re-skilling fund, is to be utilised for crediting to workers in the manner to be prescribed.
3. To impart flexibility to the exit provisions (relating to retrenchment etc.), for which, the threshold for prior approval of appropriate Government has been kept unchanged at 200 employees.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Agra:
1. Renaming Agra as ‘Agravan’.
2. It served as the capital of the Delhi Sultanate in the early 18th century.
3. The Greek astronomer, mathematician and geographer Claudius Ptolemy who lived in the 2nd century AD in the city of Alexandria in the Roman province of Egypt, is believed to be the first person to refer to the city of “Agra”.
13. Consider the following statements :
1. Sri Lanka: Mahinda Rajapaksa to be sworn in as new PM.
2 Mr. Rajapaksa served as two-term President during which 2005 to 2015.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Swachh Sarvekshan Grameen award 2019:
1. The Union Minister of the Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers and the Union Minister of State of the Ministry of Electrical Shakti recently conferred the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 awards.
2. The top ranked states receiving the award are Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Dr. Harsh Vardhanand Shri Dharmendra Pradhan to inaugurate the Global Bio-India Summit.
2. Global Bio-India is being organized for the Second time in India.
3. Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Investor India are partners in the event.
Answer: 1) A
World Toilet Day is observed across the world on 19th November with an aim to motivate millions across the world on issues of sanitation. The theme for 2019 is ‘Leaving No One Behind’. It’s all about inspiring action to tackle the global sanitation crisis and help achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6), which promises sanitation for all by 2030.In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly officially designated 19th November as World Toilet Day. World Toilet Day is coordinated by UN-Water in collaboration with governments and partners.
Answer: 2) B
The two tea varieties of Darjeeling (green tea and white tea) have been registered as a geographical indication (GI) products in the country. These two varieties of Darjeeling (West Bengal) tea have been registered under Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act 1999 (effective from October 2019).
This will “strengthen the protection of the intellectual property rights of the Darjeeling tea” which is considered as “niche and luxury” products in the country and abroad. Total annual production of 8.5 million kilograms of Darjeeling tea, green tea comprises one million kilogram and white tea one lakh kilogram.
Answer: 3) C
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan has launched ‘SAANS’ (Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully) campaign to reduce child mortality due to pneumonia. Mr. Vardhan launched the campaign while inaugurating the 6th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Gujarat. The objective of the SAANS campaign to reduce child mortality due to pneumonia, which contributes to around 15% of deaths annually of children under the age of five. The Union government aims to achieve a target of reducing pneumonia deaths among children to less than three per 1000 live births by 2025.
Answer: 4) D
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has decided to establish and fund a visiting chair on an interdisciplinary approach to Electoral Studies in memory of TN Seshan (former CEC). It will be established in the Centre for Curriculum Development at India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM), New Delhi (from 2020-2025). The Chair will be mentored by Former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) N Gopalaswami. The Visiting Chair programme will be targeted at young academics with a proven track record in fields relatable to electoral studies. The Chair will also be expected to curate one national level seminar on specific aspects of Electoral Studies.
Answer: 5) A
India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C47) will launch Cartosat-3 and 13 commercial nanosatellites into Sun Synchronous orbit from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota. PSLV-C47 is the 21st flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration that is with 6 solid strap-on motors. PSLV-C47 will also carry 13 commercial nanosatellites from the United States of America as part of a commercial arrangement with New Space India Limited (NSIL), Department of Space. The launch is tentatively scheduled at 09:28 Hrs (IST) on 25th November 2019. Cartosat-3 satellite is a third-generation agile advanced satellite having high-resolution imaging capability.
Answer: 6) B
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed USD 91 million loans under Karnataka Integrated and Sustainable Water Resources Management Investment Program (IWRM).The project will help to modernize the Vijayanagara Channel irrigation systems, prepare river basin management plans in the Krishna river basin that will help improve irrigation water use efficiency and contribute to improving sustainable water security in Karnataka. The investment program will help the Government of Karnataka in strengthening its institutions involved in integrated water resource management and modernizing the irrigation system infrastructure for improving water use efficiency in the State.
Answer: 7) C
The Ministry of Women and Child Development in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation launched India’s first Poshan Atlas to create a repository of diverse crops. The Poshan Atlas was inaugurated by Smriti Zubin Irani along with Bill Gates in New Delhi. The Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh is a repository of diverse crops across 128 agro-climatic zones to help enable better nutritional outcomes. The Kosh aims to reduce malnutrition among women and children across the country, through a multi-sectoral results-based framework, including agriculture.
Answer: 8) D
Spanish striker David Villa (37 years) has announced his retirement from football.
He represented Spain in three World Cups and was also a member of the Spanish side that lifted the trophy in 2010 and won the European Championships in 2008.
David Villa retired from the national team with 59 goals in 98 matches, making him Spain’s all-time top goalscorer as well as the country’s top scorer in the World Cup, with nine goals.
Answer: 9) A
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), a tourism arm of Indian Railways, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) to market and operate the Golden Chariot Train in New Delhi in the august presence of Minister of State of Railways, Shri Suresh C Angadi, and Minister of Tourism, Government of Karnataka, Shri C. T. Ravi. Chairman, Railway Board, Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, other Railway Board Members, Officials from IRCTC & KSTDC were also present on the occasion.
Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will soon hand over the reins of the train to IRCTC. IRCTC is planning a revamp of the train itineraries also to add different flavours that Karnataka has to offer. The new itineraries shall be a mix of history, culture, wildlife and nature. It is proposed to include Bandipur, Mysore, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Hampi, Bijapur and Goa in the itinerary. IRCTC is expected to carry out internal refurbishment of the train and commence operations from March 2020.
Golden Chariot train
Answer: 10) B
Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019 has been passed by the Parliament after it was passed in Rajya Sabha. The Bill was earlier passed in Lok Sabha on 2nd August 2019.
The Bill seeks to amend the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial Act, 1951. It has a provision to remove the President of the Congress party as a trustee and clarifies that when there is no Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, the leader of the single largest Opposition party will be the trustee. The Bill also amends that a nominated trustee may be terminated before the expiry of the period of five years by the Central Government.
According to the Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (IC), Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, this year Jalliawalan Bagh massacre has completed its 100th anniversary and after 100 years, it is necessary to build Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial as National Memorial in true sense. These amendments will make this Memorial a National Monument in true spirit.
Answer: 11) A
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for introduction of the Industrial Relations Code, 2019 in the Parliament.
he draft code on Industrial Relations has been prepared after amalgamating, simplifying and rationalizing the relevant provisions of following three Central Labour Acts:
Answer: 12) B
The government of Uttar Pradesh may be planning to change the name of Agra to Agravan. The Department of History at the Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University in Agra has been asked to examine whether the city was known by any other name in ancient times.
About Claudius Ptolemy
Answer: 13) C
In Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa will be sworn in as new Prime minister after Ranil Wickremesinghe decided to resign from his post to pave way for a caretaker government. Mr. Rajapaksa served as two-term President during which 2005 to 2015 and is the elder brother of current President Gotabaya Rajapksa. He was barred from contesting Presidential elections because of two-term limit and will be staging a political comeback as Prime minister. A caretaker cabinet of 15 ministers is also expected to be sworn in. The caretaker government will carry routine work till parliamentary elections are held early next year.
Answer: 14) D
The Union Minister of the Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers and the Union Minister of State of the Ministry of Jal Shakti recently conferred the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 awards. They had given this award to top-ranked states, union territories, and districts in the various categories on the occasion of World Toilet Day.
About Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019
The top-ranked States and Districts which received awards are as below:
Answer: 15) B
Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will inaugurate the Global Bio-India Summit, 2019 here.
The three-day event has been organized by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India along with its Public Sector Undertaking, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC). The associated partners for this event are Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Invest India.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, has organized this three-day event in collaboration with its Public Sector Undertaking, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC). Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Investor India are partners in the event. Global Bio-India is being organized for the first time in India. The biotechnology sector is considered a major engine to contribute to making India a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025.
The Summit will provide an opportunity to showcase the potential of India’s biotech sector to the international community, identify, create opportunities and deliberate on the key challenges in the areas of Bio-pharma, Bio-Agri, Bio-Industrial, Bio-Energy and Bio-Services and allied sectors.
Highlights of the Global Bio-India 2019:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.