1. Who has been appointed as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA)?
A. Soma Roy Burman
B. Deena Nath Pathak
C. Girraj Prasad Gupta
D. Neelam Sahni
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the speaker of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly?
A. Dilip Valse Patil
B. Nana Patole
C. Kisan Kathor
D. Vijay Ambore
3. Which country’s King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited India on December 2019?
4. Which of the following becomes the first country to make the entire Haj process digital?
5. Name the wrestler who won the gold medal in the senior national wrestling championships in the 77-kilogram category?
A. Gurpreet Singh
B. Harpreet Singh
C. Sunil Kumar
6. 7th edition of India-Sri Lanka joint exercise “MITRA SHAKTI” was held in which place?
7. Name the senior women wrestler who won the gold medal in the senior national wrestling championships in the 55-kilogram category?
A. Vinesh Phogat, Anita
B. Vinesh Phogat, Gursharan Kaur
C. Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik
D. Vinesh Phogat, Anita
8. The National Pollution Control Day is observed on ___.
A. 1 December
B. 4 December
C. 3 December
D. 2 December
9. Which ministry has launched the Independent Director’s Databank ?
A. Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs
B. Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
C. Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
D. Union Ministry of Finance
10. Central Government launched nationwide vaccination drive to prevent how many diseases under Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 across the country?
11. Consider the following statements related to Mission Indradhanush:
1. Mission Indradhanush 2.0 launched to prevent eight diseases.
2. The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
3. The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 282 districts spread over 27 States.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019:
1. Parliament passes the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019.
2. The definition of e-cigarettes does not include any medical product licensed under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1930.
3. Any production, manufacturing, import, export, transport, sale (including online sale), distribution or advertisement (including online advertisement) of e-cigarettes shall be a cognizable offence.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Railways signs MoU with DFID for cooperation in field of energy efficiency.
2. Its carbon footprint and will also improve its finances through reduction in fuel cost.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Commerce & Industry Minister to Inaugurate National Public Procurement Conclave .
2. The key features of the conclave are panel discussions on role of MSMEs, Startups and women in public procurement.
3. GeM is a complete online marketplace that allows all sellers to register themselves and transact on the platform.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Six New European Nations Join Iran Barter System.
2. JCPOA is the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, an agreement that Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council — the United States, UK, France, Russia, and China — and Germany) reached on July 14, 2014.
3. These European countries are Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden, to join INSTEX as shareholders.
Answer: 1) A
Soma Roy Burman (1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service officer) took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Principal Advisor on Accounting matters to the Union Government. She is the 24th CGA and the 7th woman to hold this coveted position. She took over from J P S Chawla. Earlier, Burman served as Additional Controller General of Accounts in the office of the CGA. She handled the critical areas of accounting rules, policy and reforms, financial reporting, data analytics, cash and budget management.
Answer: 2) B
Congress leader Nana Patole has been elected as the Speaker of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly. Earlier, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Kisan Kathore withdrew his nomination. Maharashtra BJP legislature party leader Devendra Fadnavis was named Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly.
Answer: 3) C
Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds the talk with King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden at Hyderabad House in New Delhi. The Swedish King and Queen Silvia arrived in New Delhi on a five-day visit to India. The Swedish King is leading a high-level business delegation for engagements with Indian counterparts. Several agreements on furthering bilateral engagement are likely to be signed between the two countries. India and Sweden have a bilateral trade turnover of 3.37 billion dollars and cumulative investments of about 2.5 billion dollars.
Answer: 4) D
India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital. This came after the minister signed the bilateral agreement for the pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah. An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, “e-MASIHA” health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca-Madina. This year, a 100-line information centre has been established at the Haj House, Mumbai for providing information regarding the entire Haj process.
Answer: 5) A
Gurpreet Singh clinched gold medals at the senior national wrestling championships in Jalandhar. Gurpreet defeated Sajan Bhanwal by a 3-1 margin, in the 77-kilogram category. Railways finished on the top with 210 points ahead of Services (170 points) and Jharkhand (109 points).
Answer: 6) B
India-Sri Lanka joint exercise “MITRA SHAKTI” (7th edition) begins at Aundh Military Station, Pune.It aims to build and promote positive relations between armies of both the countries focusing subunit level training on counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in the urban and rural environment.It is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of two nations.
Answer: 7) C
Star wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik registered convincing wins in the finals to claim gold medals at the Senior Wrestling National Championships in Jalandhar. Phogat beat Haryana’s Anju 7-3 in the 55kg category. Olympic bronze medallist Malik defeated Radhika (Haryana) 4-2 in the 62kg category. In the 68kg category, Haryana wrestler Anita Sheoran stunned Commonwealth Games bronze medallist Divya Kakran. Punjab’s Gursharan Kaur claimed the title in the 76kg category, with a 4-2 win over Pooja of Haryana. In the 50kg category, Meerut’s Sheetal Tomar dominated Nirmala to post a 7-3 win.
Answer: 8) D
National Pollution Control Day (NPCD) is observed every year on 2nd December (India) in the memory of those who have lost their lives in the Bhopal Gas tragedy on 2nd December 1984. The main objective is to make people aware, spread awareness in the industries that cause various pollution like water, air, soil, noise and affect the environment and obviously health. Several hundred people were killed, and scores of people were maimed for life when the Methyl Isocyanate gas was leaked from the pesticide plant of Union Carbide.
Answer: 9) A
The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs, with the objective of strengthening the institution of Independent Directors under the Companies Act, launched today the Independent Director’s Databank in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
The Databank, which was launched by Shri Injeti Srinivas, Secretary Ministry of Corporate Affairs is a pioneering initiative of the Ministry to provide an easy to access & navigate platform for the registration of existing Independent Directors as well as individuals aspiring to become independent directors.
Answer: 10) B
The Union Government has launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 across the country. The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine-preventable diseases. The Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas. The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States between December 2019 and March 2020.
Answer: 11) A
Union Government launches nationwide vaccination drive to prevent eight diseases under Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 across the country.
To prevent eight diseases
The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases. The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and hemophilus influenza are also being provided in selected areas.
Answer: 12) B
Parliament has passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019.The Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill was passed earlier by the Lok Sabha on November 27, 2019.
Salient features of the bill
Answer: 13) C
With a goal of transforming Indian Railways into “Green Railways”, complete electrification of Railway network has been approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) which will reduce its carbon footprint and will also improve its finances through reduction in fuel cost.
As part of its obligations & commitment to reduce carbon footprints, Indian Railways is taking several initiatives in the field of Green Energy to achieve the same. In line with this, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ministry of Railways, Government of India and Department for International Development (DFID), United Kingdom on 2nd December, 2019 for collaboration on energy and sustainability. The MoU was signed in the presence of Mr. Rajesh Tiwari, Member (Traction), Railway Board by Mr. Rajesh Kumar Jain, Executive Director/Electrical Engineering (Development), Indian Railways and by Mr. Gavin McGillivray, Head, DFID-India.
The MoU will include the following:
Steps to promote energy sustainability such as
Answer: 14) D
The 3rd edition of National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) is being organised by Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in association with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 5-6 December 2019 in New Delhi. The conclave will be inaugurated by Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal.
key features of the conclave
Answer: 15) B
Paris, London and Berlin on Saturday welcomed six new European countries to the INSTEX barter mechanism, which is designed to circumvent U.S. sanctions against trade with Iran by avoiding use of the dollar.
These European countries are Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden, to join INSTEX as shareholders. The Paris-based INSTEX functions as a clearing house allowing Iran to continue to sell oil and import other products or services in exchange.
About Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.