1. Which state government has decided to provide a 25% subsidy and 100% stamp duty waiver for setting up the defence industry in the state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
2. The Election Commission of India has decided to implement the PPRTMS for political parties. What does ‘S’ stand for in PPRTMS?
3. With which country India has signed an MoU for a Healthcare Innovation Center in New Delhi?
4. Who is the Lyricist of the “Bharatiya Poshan Anthem” which was launched by Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu and sung by Shankar Mahadevan?
B. Javed Akhtar
C. Varun Grover
D. Prasoon Joshi
5. Who among the following has been appointed as the CEO of Alphabet Inc the parent company of Google?
A. Sundar Pichai
B. Daniel alegre
C. Kent Valkier
D. Anil Sabharwal
6. Which country hit typhoon Kammuri?
C. Sri Lanka
7. India successfully test-fired it’s indigenously developed surface-to-surface nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile. What is the strike range of the missile?
A. 250 km
B. 300 km
C. 350 km
D. 500 km
8. The 8th joint military training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ is between India and which country?
9. Who among the following has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held in Abu Dhabi, UAE?
A. Lewis Hamilton
B. Waltairi Bottas
C. Charles leclark
D. Max Verstappen
10. World Soil Day is being observed on ______.
A. 2 December
B. 5 December
C. 4 December
D. 3 December
11. Consider the following statements:
1. India’s first maritime museum coming up at Lothal in Gujarat.
2. Lothal was one of the southernmost cities of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, located in the Bhāl region of the modern state of Gujarāt .
3. The Indian marine studies have covered wooden and steel-hulled shipwrecks off Sunchi Reef dating back to the 16th-century Indo-Portuguese trade and commerce network.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Cabinet approves SC/STs reservation in Lok Sabha, state assemblies for another 10 years.
2. Article 332 provides for the reservation of seats in the Lok Sabha for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
3. The number of seats reserved in any State or Union territory for such castes and tribes will be made on the population basis.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Union Cabinet clears Citizenship (Amendment), Bill.
2. Bill seeks to amend the Citizenship Act, 1955 to make illegal migrants of six communities from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan eligible for Indian citizenship.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. EC to implement Political Parties RTMS.
2. It will be implemented through an online portal, to facilitate tracking of the status of the application by applicants.
3. The applicant is required to provide contact mobile number and email address of the party/applicant in his application if he/she wishes to track the progress of the application.
15. Consider the following statements related to carbon budget:
1. The Global Carbon Budget is the sum of all exchanges (inflows and outflows) of carbon compounds between the earth’s carbon reservoirs (such as landmass and atmosphere) in the carbon cycle.
2. Global Carbon Project Established in 2000, its projects include global budgets for three dominant greenhouse gases — carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide.
Answer: 1) A
Uttar Pradesh government has decided to provide a 25% subsidy and 100% stamp duty waiver for setting up the defence industry in the state. State govt. will provide all facilities (like power, road and fencing of land) to the companies that will set up defence industries. The state cabinet has given relief to the home buyers in Noida and Greater Noida region by giving exemption to the builders from penal interest and other dues for the period their project is stalled due to litigation. Builders will only get this exemption if they pass on this benefit to the home buyers. The benefit will apply to builders who are set to provide homes to buyers by June 2021.
Answer: 2) B
The Election Commission of India will implement the political parties Registration Tracking Management System (RTMS).It will be implemented through an online portal to facilitate tracking of the status of the application by applicants. According to Election Commission, the applicant who is applying for party registration from 1st January 2020 onwards will be able to track the progress of his or her application and will get status through SMS and email.
Answer: 3) C
India and Sweden signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre in New Delhi. The objective of the innovation Centre is to develop an ecosystem of open innovation to which start-ups and the healthcare delivery stakeholders can use to collaborate and address current and future challenges in the healthcare sector. The India-Sweden partnership has been the most active as the Joint Working Group has met ten times since 2009.The MoU focuses on creating new partnerships within the public, private and academic sectors. The Minister further stated that with 22 new AIIMS soon to become fully operational, and 157 new Medical Colleges are at the development stage.
Answer: 4) D
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has launched the “Bharatiya Poshan Anthem”.
The anthem has been conceptualised by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. It has been written by noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi and sung by Shankar Mahadevan.
Answer: 5) A
Answer: 6) B
In the Philippines, typhoon Kammuri has made landfall at Luzon, the country’s largest and most populous island. Around two lakh residents have been evacuated from coastal and mountainous areas over fears of flooding, storm surges and landslides. Now, Kammuri is expected the pass to the south of the capital Manila, which is hosting thousands of athletes for the regional Southeast Asian Games.
Answer: 7) C
India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed surface-to-surface nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile off Odisha coast. The Strategic Forces Command of the Indian Army conducted the user trial of the 350 km range missile from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur. The missile weighs (4,600 kg) capable of carrying 500 to one thousand kilograms of warheads and is thrust by liquid propulsion twin engines. Inducted into the 333-missile regiment of the Indian Army in 2003, the nine-meter-tall, single-stage liquid-fueled Prithvi-II is the first missile to have been developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. Developed under the joint collaboration of Defence Research and Development Organization and Bharat Dynamics Limited, the missile was first test-fired on 27 January 1996.
Answer: 8) D
The annual Joint Military Exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand’ between India and China will be held at Umroi, near Shillong, Meghalaya in December 2019. The two-week long company-level exercise will take place in 2nd half of December while the planning conference to finalise modalities for joint exercise will be held in August 2019.The 2019 Hand-in-Hand exercise will be 8th edition of India and China military drill that was resumed in 2018 following a freeze over Doklam stand-off.
The 2018 exercise, which was 7th edition, was held in Chengdu in December 2018.In Umroi, Meghalaya the India and China military exercise will be at company level, it means that around 100-120 infantry troops from both sides will be participating. Both forces will focus on counter-terror operations, establishment of joint command post, joint combat drill, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
Answer: 9) A
British racing driver Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes racer) has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He has claimed his 84th career victory and 11th in 21 races of this year. Max Verstappen of Red Bull finished 2nd in the race while Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finished 3rd in the race. The 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2019) was a Formula One motor race held at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Answer: 10) B
World Soil Day is being observed every year on 5th December to focus attention on the importance of healthy soil and advocating for the sustainable management of soil resources. The theme for 2019 World Soil Day is ‘Stop Soil Erosion, Save our Future’. The theme focuses on the increasing challenges in soil management.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization:
Answer: 11) A
A National first maritime heritage museum will be established at Lothal, a Harappan site on the Saurashtra coast in Gujarat. The museum will also be an independent research centre of underwater archaeology for the reconstruction of maritime history, the archaeology of boat building and materials traded. The museum is being set up with technical help from the Portuguese Maritime Heritage Museum. The central government has appointed the first Director-General for the museum which will be attached to the Maritime Board of the Gujarat government.
Lothal is the site of one of the oldest ports in India dating to the Bronze Age.
About Underwater archaeology
Answer: 12) B
Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to extend the reservation for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) in the Lok Sabha and State Assemblies for another 10 years.The reservation for these categories in the Lower House of Parliament and the State Assemblies was to expire on 25th January 2020.
The Constitution (79th Amendment) Act 1999:
Answer: 13) C
Union Cabinet has cleared the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill.Briefing media in New Delhi after the Cabinet meeting yesterday, Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar said, the bill takes care of India’s interest, and it will be introduced in Parliament as soon as possible.
Citizenship (Amendment) Bill:
Answer: 14) D
The Election Commission of India has reviewed the system and process of registration of political parties under the “Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System” (PPRTMS). It will be implemented through an online portal, to facilitate tracking of the status of the application by applicants.
Salient feature of Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System
Answer: 15) A
The Global Carbon Budget is the sum of all exchanges (inflows and outflows) of carbon compounds between the earth’s carbon reservoirs (such as landmass and atmosphere) in the carbon cycle. It is used to determine, whether a particular pool/reservoir/circle is working as a source of the Carbon Dioxide.
It is important to be in line what is scientifically required to keep global warming and climate change tolerable.
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the global average temperature rise should not exceed 1.5°C if catastrophic climate change is to be avoided.Americans, some 4.3 per cent of the world population, caused 25% of historical emissions (1751-2017). The EU, which consists of 6.8 per cent of the world population, caused 22 per cent of the emissions (1751-2017). However, India, which houses nearly 18 per cent of the world population, had emitted only 3 per cent.
The Global Carbon Project, which puts out emission estimates for across the world every year, has said India’s emissions in 2019 (2.6 billion tonnes or gigatonnes) was likely to be only 1.8 per cent higher than in 2018.
Global Carbon Project
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.