1. As per the fifth bi-monthly monetary policy announced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which of the following is repo rate and reverse repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility?
A. 5.15%, 4.90%
B. 5.25%, 4.85%
C. 5.45%, 4.15%
D. 5.35, 4.75%
2. What is the theme of World Soil Day 2019?
A. Stop soil pollution and save soil
B. Stop Soil Erosion, Save our Future
C. Stop single use of plastic
D. Save soil save future
3. Renowned personality Bob Wills passed away recently, he was a former ______.
B. hockey player
D. Tennis Player
4. Who was bestowed with the Economic Times (ET) Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service 2019?
A. Nirmala Sitharaman
B. Shaktikanta Das
C. Rajiv Kumar
D. Arun Jaitley
5. Three day-long North East Food show was held in ______.
6. Where was the Avantee mega Food Park inaugurated?
A. Indore, M.P.
B. Dewas, M.P.
C. Kanpur, U.P.
D. Lucknow, U.P.
7. Name the Railway station which got the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with four stars rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
A. New Delhi
B. Chennai Central
C. Mumbai Central
D. Patna Junkaban
8. India’s first maritime museum coming up at_____.
A. Marina, Chennai
B. Erosim, Goa
C. Juhu, Mumboi
D. Lothal, Gujarat
9. India gifted a ‘Made in India’ Patrol Vessel to the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF), what is the name of the vessel?
10. Who among the following has been appointed as ADB new president?
A. Takehiko Nakao
B. Masatsugu Asakawa
C. Ashok Nakao
D. none of these
11. Consider the following statements related to PM-AASHA scheme:
1. Government procured just 3% of pulses, seeds targeted under PM-AASHA scheme.
2. Three Components of PM-AASHA.
3. It was announced in September 2017, as an effort to ensure that farmers growing pulses, oilseeds and copra actually get the minimum support prices they are promised for their crops each year.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Torrefaction:
1. Torrefaction: A Swedish technology to reduce stubble burning.
2. Torrefaction is a thermochemical process typically at 200-450 °C in the absence of oxygen, at atmospheric pressure with low particle heating rates and a reactor time of one hour.
3. Torrefaction help to convert about 65% of the biomass could be converted to energy.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Reserve Bank keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15 %.
2. The RBI keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 5.15%. Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains unchanged at 4.90%.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. An environment think tank, Germanwatch has released Global Climate Risk Index 2020.
2. According to the index, Japan is the most affected followed by the Philippines as well as Germany in 2018 followed by Madagascar, India and Sri Lanka.
3. India’s rank has worsened from the 14th spot in 2017 to 5th in 2018 in the global vulnerability ladder.
15. Consider the following statements related to Women help desks:
1. The Home Ministry has sanctioned ₹200 crores from the Nirbhaya Fund for setting up women help desks in police stations across the country.
2. Women police officers would be deployed at these help desks.
Answer: 1) A
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced its fifth bi-monthly monetary policy review of the current financial year 2019-20. The RBI keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 5.15%. Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains unchanged at 4.90%.
The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 5.40%.
Current Policy Rates:
The remaining policy statements would be released by RBI as stated below –
Reverse Repo rate
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR)
Answer: 2) B
The theme for 2019 World Soil Day is ‘Stop Soil Erosion, Save our Future’.The theme focuses on the increasing challenges in soil management.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization:
Answer: 3) C
Former England fast bowler Bob Willis (70 years) passed away after a short illness. Bob Willis took 325 wickets in 90 Tests and 80 wickets in 64 ODIs in his career. He also captained England in 18 Tests and 29 ODIs.
Answer: 4) D
Arun Jaitley former Finance Minister of India was bestowed with the Economic Times (ET) Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service 2019. The award was received by Arun Jaitley’s spouse Sangeeta Jaitley.
Answer: 5) A
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma has inaugurated the first-ever North East Food Show (three-day-long) at Polo Grounds, Shillong. The food show will provide a strong platform and network to different stakeholders. There are different technologies and products relating to the food industry which people are not aware of, and the show will serve as the bridge to connect with one another. It will also be an opportunity for these majors to source products not available anywhere else and to introduce their products to the region.
Answer: 6) B
Harsimrat Kaur Badal (Union Minister for food processing) has inaugurated Avantee mega Food Park in Dewas. Madhya Pradesh. This first food park of central India is spread over 51 acres and has been constructed at a cost of about 150 crore rupees. About 5 thousand local people will get employment from this Mega Food Park. Processing of soyabean, gram, wheat and other grains and vegetables will be done in the park. Warehouses will also be opened in Indore, Ujjain, Dhar and Agar in the next phases.
Answer: 7) C
The Mumbai Central station of Railways was conferred with the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with four stars rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The Mumbai Central Railway Station is the country’s first “Eat Right Station.” The focus of the movement is on improving the health and well-being of people by ensuring they eat healthily. Mumbai Central station has been judged on the basis of compliance of food safety and hygiene, availability of healthy diet, food handling at preparation, transhipment and retail/serving point, food waste management, promotion of local and seasonal food and creating awareness on food safety and healthy diet. ‘Eat Right India’ movement is built on two broad pillars of ‘Eat Healthy’ and ‘Eat Safe’.
Answer: 8) D
A National first maritime heritage museum will be established at Lothal, a Harappan site on the Saurashtra coast in Gujarat. The museum will also be an independent research centre of underwater archaeology for the reconstruction of maritime history, the archaeology of boat building and materials traded. The museum is being set up with technical help from the Portuguese Maritime Heritage Museum. The central government has appointed the first Director-General for the museum which will be attached to the Maritime Board of the Gujarat government.
Lothal is the site of one of the oldest ports in India dating to the Bronze Age.
About Underwater archaeology
Answer: 9) A
India gifted a ‘Made in India’ Patrol Vessel named “KAAMIYAAB” to the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF). It will be net security provider in the region amid China’s increasing forays in the Indian Ocean Region. Meanwhile, 2500 LED streetlights donated by India were installed in Male recently. These streetlights save 80% energy and will result in cost savings of approx. 8.35 lakh MVR per year for Male city. In 2019, tourist arrivals from India to the Maldives have doubled and India has risen from 5th to the 2nd position in the tourism market of Maldives.
Answer: 10) B
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced on Monday that its Board of Governors has “unanimously elected” Masatsugu Asakawa as ADB president. Asakawa, 61, currently special advisor to Japan’s prime minister and minister of finance, will assume office as ADB’s 10th president on Jan. 17, 2020.He will succeed Takehiko Nakao, who will leave office on Jan. 16, 2020.
Asian Development Bank
Answer: 11) A
According to Agriculture Ministry data, less than 3% of this season’s sanctioned amount of pulses and oilseeds have actually been procured so far under the PM-AASHA scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan
Three Components of PM-AASHA
Price Support Scheme (PSS)
Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS)
Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPPS)
Answer: 12) B
The government recently thought to use Torrefaction, a Swedish technology to reduce stubble burning which is the key contributor to the sharp decline in air quality in Delhi.
Answer: 13) C
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced its fifth bi-monthly monetary policy review of the current financial year 2019-20. The RBI keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 5.15%. Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains unchanged at 4.90%. The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 5.40%.
Marginal Standing Facility Rate (MSF)
Answer: 14) D
An environment think tank, Germanwatch has released Global Climate Risk Index 2020.
Highlight of the index
Reason for ranking
Answer: 15) B
The Home Ministry has sanctioned ₹100 crores from the Nirbhaya Fund for setting up women help desks in police stations across the country.
Women help desk
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.