1. The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter-terrorism held at Joint Training Node (JTN), Umroi . In which state is Umroi located?
D. Himachal Pradesh
2. According to the list released by the Union Home Ministry, which is the best police station in the country?
D. Ajk Burhanpur
3. To whom, the President of India conferred the National Florence Nightingale Awards?
A. Self-help groups
B. Women scientists
D. Women farmers
4. Where is India’s first sewage treatment plant (STP) to be completed under the Hybrid Annuity (HAM) Based Public Private Partnership Model ?
B. Greater Noida
5. Which company launched the ‘My: Health Woman Safety’ policy?
A. HDFC ERGO
6. Who has been conferred with the title of ‘Most Advanced Paid Start-Up’ at IFTA 2019?
D. None of these
7. Where is the 3-day national conference of DGP and IGP being organized?
8. Who among the following has been appointed as the the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Costa Rica?
A. Upender Singh Rawat
B. Sundar Pichai
C. Kent Valkier
D. K Vijay Kumar
9. Which player has recently announced his retirement from international tennis?
A. Carolyn Wozniacki
B. Ashok amritraj
C. Leander Paes
10. Who has won MCC’s Spirit of Cricket award?
B. New Zealand
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Railways completes work for WiFi, ‘RailWire’ goes live in 5,500 stations.
2. Mahua Milan Railway Station of East Central Railway zone, became the 5500th station in the country to have free public Wi-Fi.
3. Railways started the service providing free WiFi at their stations from Mumbai Central Railway Station in January 2015.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Nightingale Award:
1. National Florence Nightingale Award for Kerala Nurse Who Treating Nipah Patient.
2. The year 2020 also marks the 201th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, after whom the awards have been named.
3. The nurse from Kerala who died due to Nipah virus. The award was received by her husband Sajeesh P.
12. Consider the following statements related to World Malaria Report 2019:
1. India witnessed a sharp reduction in malaria cases between 2017 and 2018,
2. According to the report, 228 million cases of malaria are observed worldwide,
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Photo Division announces 8th National Photography Awards.
2. The National Photography Awards are conferred under three categories.
3. The Lifetime Achievement Award carries a Cash Prize of Rs. 3,00,000/.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Canada’s CPPIB to invest $600 million in NIIF Master Fund.
2. The investment would be made through a $150 million commitment in the master fund of NIIF and co-investment rights of up to $550 million in future opportunities to invest alongside the master fund.
Answer: 1) A
India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ (8th) has begun at Umroi, Meghalaya. The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter-terrorist operations in semi-urban terrain. The theme of the exercise is ‘counter-terrorism under United Nations mandate’. It is a 14-day-long training exercise and will see the participation of around 260 military personals.
Answer: 2) B
Union Home Ministry released the list of ten best-performing Police stations in the country. Aberdeen Police station in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands ranks first in the list while Balasinor police station in Gujarat secured the second rank while and Ajk Burhanpur in Madhya Pradesh got the 3rd position. The ranking of police stations came after Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the DGPs conference in 2015 in Kutch of Gujarat, had directed that parameters should be laid down for grading police stations and assessing their performance based on feedback. The annual ranking of Police Stations is eagerly awaited by the country and especially the police forces. The ranking of the top ten Police Stations out of over 15 thousand 500 Police Stations in the country was done through data analysis, direct observation, and public feedback.
Answer: 3) C
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind presented the National Florence Nightingale Award 2019 to Lini Puthussery posthumously, the nurse from Kerala who died due to Nipah virus. The award was received by her husband Sajeesh P.
The Presidentconferred 36 awardees with the National Florence Nightingale Awards 2019 at an event in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The other 35 awardees were Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANMs), Lady Health Visitors (LHVs), and nurses from different states and Union Territories (UT). The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the year 2020 as the Year of Nurse and Midwife. The year 2020 also marks the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, after whom the awards have been named.
Answer: 4) D
India’s first Hybrid Annuity (HAM) project in sewerage sector, the 14MLD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) at Sarai in Haridwar, was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. It is the first STP project to be completed under the Hybrid Annuity (HAM) Based Public-Private Partnership Model. This Plant is based on advanced aerobic biological process, Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR) process, capable of removing the nutrients during treatment and is a 100% eco-friendly project. Another unique feature of this HAM project is that after its commissioning, this plant will also be maintained and operated for a period of 15 years by the same developer for efficient performance and for meeting output parameters.
Features of HAM
Answer: 5) A
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched the ‘my: health Woman Suraksha’ policy. My: health Woman Suraksha policy is specially designed to cover women against numerous illnesses and contingencies they may face during their lifetime thereby providing financial aid in case of medical contingencies. This policy will cover various types of cancers and related surgeries, pregnancy and neonatal (newborn baby) complications and assaults and burns. my: health Woman Suraksha intends to ensure the overall well-being of women and offers wellness benefits under my: health mobile application of HDFC ERGO. It also provides counselling on stress management, pregnancy care, work-life balance, etc which is much needed by today’s new age women. This policy is offered to women between 18-65 years of age and offers a sum insured ranging from Rs 1 lakh to 1 crore.
Answer: 6) B
Razorpay, the neo-banking platform, successfully added three more accolades to its bouquet at the India FinTech Awards (IFTA) 2019, organised by India Fintech Forum in association with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The company won awards for the ‘Most Innovative Payment Start-up’ and ‘Most Innovative Fintech Product’ for its neo-banking product, RazorpayX. The CEO and Co-founder, Harshil Mathur was also honoured at the event as the ‘Fintech Leader of the Year’. IFTA is a platform that celebrates and recognises the leaders and organizations for their contribution to the payments and technology domain.
Answer: 7) C
A 3-day annual national conference of DGPs and IGPs has begun in Pune. The conference is to be held at two venues – Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research in Baner and the Centre for Police Research in Pashan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, heads of Central investigative and intelligence agencies, and paramilitary forces are also attending this conference. The theme of the conference this year is to promote scientific and forensics-based investigation as well as technology-enabled policing.
Answer: 8) D
Former advisor to the Governor of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir, K Vijay Kumar, has been appointed as a senior security advisor in the Union Home Ministry headed by Amit Shah. The 1975 batch officer of Indian Police Service will “advise the ministry on security-related matters of Union Territory of J&K and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected States. The appointment order is issued by the Union Home Ministry on December 3 stated that 67-year-old Kumar will be in the position for a period of one year from the date of his taking charge. Kumar has served as Director-General of CRPF, Director of the National Police Academy in Hyderabad and his most talked-about stint was as the chief of the Tamil Nadu police special task force that killed forest brigand Veerappan in 2004.
Answer: 9) A
Former world number one Caroline Wozniacki announced that she will retire from tennis after next month’s Australian Open. The 29-year-old Dane won her only Grand Slam singles title in Melbourne last year in her third major final. Wozniacki, who turned professional at the age of 15 in 2005, spent 71 weeks at the top of the WTA rankings after first becoming the world’s best player in October 2010. She has won 30 WTA titles so far in her career, including the 2017 Tour Finals in Singapore.
Answer: 10) B
The New Zealand cricket team has been awarded the Christopher Martin-Jenkins Spirit of Cricket award. The team has been awarded for its exemplary show of sportsmanship during the final match of the ICC World Cup at Lord’s in July 2019, which it lost under controversial circumstances. Martin-Jenkins was the former MCC president and BBC Test Match Special commentator.
Answer: 11) A
Railways has successfully completed the work of providing free public Wi-Fi at 5500 stations across the country. Mahua Milan Railway Station of East Central Railway zone, became the 5500th station in the country to have free public Wi-Fi. Railways started the service providing free WiFi at their stations from Mumbai Central Railway Station in January 2016.This is a unique initiative as this Wi-Fi network is one of the largest Wi-Fi networks of the world.
Universal Service Obligation Fund
Answer: 12) B
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind presented the National Florence Nightingale Award 2019 to Lini Puthussery posthumously, the nurse from Kerala who died due to Nipah virus. The award was received by her husband Sajeesh P. The Presidentconferred 36 awardees with the National Florence Nightingale Awards 2019 at an event in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The other 35 awardees were Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANMs), Lady Health Visitors (LHVs), and nurses from different states and Union Territories (UT).
International Nurses Day
World Health Organization
Answer: 13) C
India witnessed a sharp reduction in malaria cases between 2017 and 2018, according to the World Malaria Report 2019, which was released by UN’s World Health Organisation (WHO).
According to the report, 228 million cases of malaria are observed worldwide, down from 251 million cases in 2010.India was reported to be one of the only two nations that achieved a reduction in malaria cases among the 11 nations that carry the maximum burden of malaria across the world.
World Malaria Report 2019
Answer: 14) D
Photo Division, Press Information Bureau, under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, has invited entries for the 8th National Photography Awards.
The Division confers these Awards every year, to promote various facets of the country such as art, culture, development, heritage, history, life, people, society, and tradition through the medium of photography, and to encourage professional and amateur photographers across the country.
The National Photography Awards are conferred under three categories –
1. Lifetime Achievement Award
2. Award for Professional Photographers
3. Award for Amateur Photographers.
Answer: 15) A
Canada’s largest pension fund manager Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) has committed to invest up to $600 million in National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF). The investment would be made through a $150 million commitment in the master fund of NIIF and co-investment rights of up to $450 million in future opportunities to invest alongside the master fund. The fund also has co-investment rights of $3 billion from global and domestic investors, which will allow NIIF write larger cheques for single infrastructure deals .Post the funding, CPPIB will become a shareholder in NIIF’s investment management company.NIIF is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015. It manages over $4 billion of capital commitments across three funds.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.