1. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has inaugurated the BBPL, BBPL stands for?
A. Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League
B. Bengal Badminton Premier League
C. Bangladesh Badminton Premier League
D. Bangladesh Bangabandhu Pokers League
2. Which state has launched the “YSR Law Nestham Scheme”?
B. Andra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
3. National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has signed a term loan agreement for Rs. ________ with State Bank of India?
A. 10000 crores
B. 8000 crores
C. 5000 crores
D. 1000 crores
4. Aiming to control the human-elephant conflicts, which state government, has launched Anti-Depedration Squads of the state forest department?
A. Madhya Pradesh
5. Which city has been selected as the world’s leading Sports tourism Destination at the 26th edition of the World Travel Awards (WTA)?
A. Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
B. Jakarta, Indonesia
C. Tokyo, Japan
D. Melbourne, Australia
6. Who has been selected for the prestigious 33rd Moortidevi Award for the year 2019?
A. Nirmal Verma
B. Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari
C. Vishwanath Tripathi
D. Joey Goswami
7. Renowned personality ‘George Laurer’ passed away recently, he was a ______.
B. hockey player
C. Bar code inventor
8. The joint military exercise “Iron Union 12” is a joint Military exercise between which two countries?
A. Afghanistan and Iraq
B. China and Russia
C. USA and France
D. U.S.A. and U.A.E.
9. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of the next governing board of the News Broadcasters Federation?
A. Arnab Goswami
B. Sundar Pichai
C. Kent Valkier
D. Anil Sabharwal
10. International Mountain Day is being observed on ______.
A. 8 December
B. 11 December
C. 10 December
D. 9 December
11. Consider the following statements related to United Nation development index 2019:
1. United Nations Development Programme has recently released the 2019 Human Development Report /index, entitled “Beyond income, beyond averages, beyond today: inequalities in human development in the 21st Century.
2. Norway has been ranked the highest on the HDI scale followed by Switzerland and Ireland.
3. As per the report, South Asia was the fastest-growing region in human development progress witnessing a 46% growth over 1990-2018, followed by East Asia and the Pacific at 53%.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019:
1. The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah .
2. According to the report, the government can fix the cut off date on 31 December 2013 for the oppressed religious minorities.
3. Through this bill, the citizens of India will be granted to the oppressed Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Parsis of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Haryana government has distributed the first Pashu Kisan credit cards .
2. Haryana is the first state to implement this scheme.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Philippines likely to finalise BrahMos deal by next year.
2. BrahMos is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft, or land.
3. BrahMos is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world and also the world’s fastest anti-ship cruise missile in operation.
15. Consider the following statements related to World Anti-Doping Agency:
1. WADA bans France from international sporting events for four years.
2. The World Anti-Doping Agency is a foundation initiated by the International Olympic Committee based in Canada to promote, coordinate and monitor the fight against drugs in sports.
Answer: 1) A
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has inaugurated the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium. This is a special edition of Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 cricket tournament (BBPL) named after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to celebrate his 100th birth anniversary. A total of 7 teams are participating in the BBPL event, play 46 matches including the 4 playoff matches. The BBPL final will be held on 17th January 2020. This is the first time that the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is organizing the Premier League matches without involving any franchise.
Answer: 2) B
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched ‘YSR Law Nestham Scheme’ at his camp office at Tadepalli. Under this scheme, a stipend of Rs 5,000 has been credited in the accounts of beneficiary junior lawyers with the click of a button. Lawyers thanked the Chief Minister for granting Rs 100 crore to Lawyers’ Welfare Fund and for giving a stipend of Rs 5,000 to junior lawyers.
Answer: 3) C
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has signed a term loan agreement for Rs. 5,000 crore with State Bank of India (SBI). The loan facility has been extended at an interest rate linked to 3-Month MCLR of the bank and has a door to door tenure of 15 years. The loan will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC.
Answer: 4) D
Aiming to control the human-elephant conflicts, the Assam government launched Anti-Depedration Squads of the state forest department. The squad would be stationed at 15 major human-wildlife conflict districts in order to mitigate the problem and to ensure the safety of both humans and wildlife. The state forest department engaged specially trained 50 frontline staff to handle conflict situations.
The squads will be currently equipped with 150 numbers of 12 bore pump action guns, 15,000 rounds of rubber bullets and other essential items.
Answer: 5) A
Abu Dhabi has been selected as the world’s leading Sports tourism Destination at the 26th edition of the World Travel Awards (WTA) held in Muscat. This is the seventh time in a row that Abu Dhabi has been selected for this coveted award. Abu Dhabi shined as a premium destination once again for sports tourism in 2019 after hosting some of the world’s top sporting events, such as the FIFA Club World Cup 2017 and 2018, the first edition of the UAE Tour, the Special Olympics World Games 2019, the AFC Asian Cup 2019, the UFC 242 showdown and the Brazil vs South Korea international friendly match. Sports tourism has been labelled by the United Nations World Travel Organisation (UNWTO) as one of the fastest-growing sectors of tourism worldwide.
Answer: 6) B
Noted poet-critic & Former President of Sahitya Akademi Dr Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari has been selected for the prestigious 33rd Moortidevi Award for the year 2019 for his work ‘Asti Aur Bhavati’. ‘ASTI AUR BHAVTI’ is an autobiographical journey of Dr Tiwari which captures the historical, philosophical and cultural aspects at different temporal settings thus igniting life in subjects like changing values and changes in societal and cultural landscapes. Dr. Tiwari has published over eight poetry collections, three travelogues, one diary and several critical essays. He is the recipient of many distinguished awards that include Vyas Samman, Hindi Gaurav Samman, Pushkin Samman and many more.
Answer: 7) C
George J. Laurer (94-years) passed away at his home in Wendell, North Carolina in the US. Mr. Laurer was an electrical engineer with IBM in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park in the early 1970s when he spearheaded the development of the UPC (Universal Product Code), or bar code. The now-ubiquitous marking, composed of unique black bars and a 12-digit number, allowed retailers to identify products and their prices as they are scanned, usually at checkout.
Answer: 8) D
A joint military exercise between the ground forces of the UAE and the United States ‘Iron Union 12’ commenced in the UAE’s al-Hamra region. Spanning a few weeks, ‘Iron Union 12′ will see the two sides take part in joint military cooperation to enhance combat and tactical capabilities. The joint military exercises of the UAE Armed Forces with fraternal and friendly countries takes place in a manner consistent with latest developments and reflects the UAE Armed Forces’ determination to stand firmly against all threats and challenges facing the region.
Answer: 9) A
The News Broadcasters Federation (NBF) has elected Arnab Goswami (editor-in-chief of Republic TV) as the President of its governing board. The NBF is the body of over 78 news channels (14 languages) of India, representing broadcasters from 25 states. The new self-regulatory organization in order to bring in transparent self-regulation on content will be announced by the end of January 2020.
Answer: 10) B
International Mountain Day is being observed every year on 11th December globally since 2003. The theme for IMD-2019 is “Mountains Matter for Youth”.
As per the United Nations, mountains are home to 15% of the world’s population and a quarter of the world’s animals and plants. This year, youth will take the lead and demand that mountains and mountain peoples become central in the national and international development agendas; receive more attention, investments and tailored research.
Answer: 11) A
United Nations Development Programme has recently released the 2019 Human Development Report /index, entitled “Beyond income, beyond averages, beyond today: inequalities in human development in the 21st Century.
The HDI is the composite measure of every country’s attainment in three basic dimensions:
Highlights of the Report
India and HDI
About Gender Inequality Index
Answer: 12) B
The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah .
Answer: 13) C
Haryana government has recently distributed the first Pashu Kisan credit cards in India. Haryana Government has set a target to issue 10 lakh Pashu Kisan Credit cards by March 2021.
Pashu Kisan credit cards
Answer: 14) D
The Philippines is set to become the first country to buy the BrahMos cruise missile jointly developed by India and Russia.
Answer: 15) B
The World Anti-Doping Agency, WADA, has banned Russia for four years after accusing Moscow of falsifying data from an anti-doping laboratory. Now Russia will not participate in global sporting events, including the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, after.
World Anti-Doping Agency
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.