1. Who has been named Time magazine’s Person of the Year for 2019?
A. Greta Thunberg
B. Donald Trump
C. Nadia Murad
D. Abi Ahmed
2. Which state of India has won the ‘World Habitat Award’ for Jaga Mission 2019?
D. Andra Pradesh
3. Which country has tested 1st fully electric commercial aircraft?
4. The fourth edition of the International Seminar cum Exhibition on Naval Weapon Systems ‘NAVARMS-19’, took place in which city?
D. New Delhi
5. Who is appointed as an Additional Director of Dhanlaxmi Bank?
B. Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
C. Rakesh Makhija
D. Rajesh Puri
6. Who has been announced as a brand ambassador of German multinational brand PUMA?
A. Hema Das
B. Sunil Chhetri
C. Saina Nehwal
7. What is the reward amount announced by Union sports Minister for the gold medalist in the South Asian Games held in Nepal 2019?
A. Rs 200000
B. Rs 150000
C. Rs 500000
D. Rs 100000
8. Who became the first woman Referee in Men’s ODI match?
A. Aarti Ajay
B. Chanda Mehta
C. Sumitra Rajan
D. GS Lakshmi
9. Renowned personality Braj Bihari Kumar passed away recently, he was a ______.
A. ICSSR Chairman
B. Odisha Minister
10. The Rajya Sabha on December 11, 2019 passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB), 2019, with:
A. 115 votes in favor and 95 against
B. 125 votes in favor and 99 against
C. 121 votes in favor and 101 against
D. 128 votes in favor and 105 against
11. Consider the following statements related to Disha Bill:
1. Andhra Pradesh Cabinet clears Disha Bill to ensure rape verdicts in 21 days.
2. The bill helps the way for awarding the death penalty for the offences of rape and gang-rape and expediting the verdict in trials of such cases to 21 days.
3. Under Section 355-F (molestation / sexual assault), imprisonment is sought to be increased to a minimum of five years and a maximum seven years.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements :
1. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released its Handbook of Statistics report 2019.
2. The report predicts that merchandise trade will drop by 2.4 per cent to $17 trillion for 2019-2020.
3. According to the report, the values of the goods exported exceed the value of the goods imported, especially for developing and transition economies.
13. Consider the following statements related to World Habitat Award’:
1. Odisha wins ‘World Habitat Award’ for OLHM- Jaga Mission.
2. Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission “JAGA” is a society under the Housing & Urban Development Department, Government of Odisha.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Cabinet clears social security pact with Brazil.
2. As on date, India has signed a social security pact with 18 countries.
3. This would enable workers of both nations to avoid making double social security contributions while their stay in each other’s territory.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. The Gujarat government tabled in the Assembly the report of the Nanavati Commission, which it had appointed to probe the burning of the Sabarmati Express in 2002 and the subsequent riots in the state.
2. Nanavati Commission was set up in 2002 following the burning of the Sabarmati Express near Godhra station on February 27, 2001.
Answer: 1) A
Swedish climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg (16-years) has been named Time Magazine’s youngest ever Person of the Year. Greta Thunberg is known for her blunt addresses to world leaders. She is the youngest individual ever named Time Person of the Year. Earlier this year, Thunberg had been nominated for a Nobel peace prize 2019, recognised for her mobilisation of students in her “Fridays for Future” weekly school strikes.
Times Person of the Year
Answer: 2) B
Odisha won the ‘World Habitat Award’ for Jaga Mission (Odisha Livable Habitat Mission (OLHM) a slum land titling project executed for the benefit of millions of urban-poor people living in slums. The Jaga is a society under Housing and Urban Development Department (HUDD), Government of Odisha. The OLHM-JAGA aims at transforming the slums into livable habitats and under which 52,682 urban poor families living in the slums have been granted land rights certificate. The Jaga mission (started on 7th May 2018) is being executed by the State Government in association with Tata Trusts and Norman Foster Foundation.
Answer: 3) C
The world’s first fully-electric commercial aircraft took its inaugural test flight, in Vancouver, Canada. The technology would mean significant cost savings for airlines, not to mention zero emissions. The range is enough to start the revolution, adding that batteries and electric motors will eventually be developed to power longer flights. The company designed the plane’s motor and worked in partnership with Harbour Air.
Answer: 4) D
The fourth edition of International Seminar cum Exhibition on Naval Weapon Systems ‘NAVARMS-19’ started at Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis, Development Enclave, New Delhi (12-13 Dec 2019). The two-day event will provide an opportunity for the exchange of ideas, create awareness and identify emerging prospects for Indian/International defence industry in the domain of Naval Weapon Systems. The theme of this day is to “Make in India – Fight Category: Opportunities and Imperatives”.
Answer: 5) A
V Viswanathan has been appointed as an Additional Director on the Board of Dhanlaxmi Bank. Viswanathan retired as Chief General Manager of State Bank of Hyderabad in 2017.Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd is an old private sector bank headquartered in Thrissur City, Kerala, India.
Answer: 6) B
German multinational brand PUMA has announced Sunil Chhetri as its new brand ambassador for three -years. With this deal, Chhetri has joined the brand’s roster of global players like Antoine Griezmann, Romelu Lukaku, Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero among others. Sunil Chhetri is the captain of the Indian national football team and Bengaluru Football Club. Currently, Chhetri is the second-highest goal-scorer in international football after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo. Sunil Chhetri was also conferred with the Arjuna award in 2011 and Padma Shri in 2019.
Answer: 7) C
Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has announced a cash reward of 1.5 lakh rupees each for the 174 gold medallists of the South Asian Games held in Nepal. The silver winners will receive one lakh rupees and bronze winners 50,000 rupees each.
The South Asian Games concluded with India topping the table winning 312 medals (174 gold, 93 silver and 45 bronze) medals. The Union government will have a structured cash reward policy for medallists in South Asian Games, like other multi-sporting events like the Olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games.
Answer: 8) D
Former Indian Cricketer Gandikota Sarva Lakshmi (51-years) has become the first woman referee in the Men’s ODI (One Day International) match held in Sharjah Cricket Stadium, in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The match is between the UAE and the United States of America (USA). Lakshmi was appointed as the first woman in the ICC (International Cricket Council) International Panel of Match Referees in May 2019. Gandikota Sarva Lakshmi has overseen three women’s ODI matches, 16 men’s T20 Internationals and seven women’s T20 Internationals. A match referee’s responsibility is to ensure that the ICC Cricket Code of Conduct is upheld during the game, to assess any breaches of the Code, and to hand out penalties for any breaches.
Answer: 9) A
The Chairman of Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Braj Bihari Kumar passed away. Mr’ Kumar was appointed as the chairman of the ICSSR in May 2017. Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country. provide grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, survey, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India.
Indian Council of Social Science Research
Answer: 10) B
The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill (CAB) passed by the Rajya Sabha. As many as 125 lawmakers voted in the favour of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill and 99 against it. Now, The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill will go to the President for his assent. Earlier, the citizenship bill passed by the Lok Sabha with a majority of 311 votes against 80.
Citizenship (Amendment) Bill
Answer: 11) A
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has recently cleared the A.P. Disha Bill, 2019 (A.P. Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2019).
Highlights of the bill
Answer: 12) B
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) has released its Handbook of Statistics report 2019.The UNCTAD Handbook of Statistics 2019 provides a wide range of statistics and indicators relevant to the analysis of international trade, investment, maritime transport and development.
Highlights of the Statistics
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
UNCTAD produces a number of topical reports, including:
Answer: 13) C
Odisha awarded ‘World Habitat Award’ for Jaga Mission.Odisha has won the ‘World Habitat Award 2019, global recognition for its ambitious initiative — Jaga Mission.
The World Habitat Award
The Jaga Mission
Answer: 14) D
The government has approved a social security agreement between India and Brazil. This would enable workers of both nations to avoid making double social security contributions while their stay in each other’s territory. As on date, India has signed a social security pact with 18 countries.
Why this is Important?
Answer: 15) A
The Gujarat government tabled in the Assembly the report of the Nanavati Commission, which it had appointed to probe the burning of the Sabarmati Express in 2002 and the subsequent riots in the state.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.