1. Which state adopted the “TRAKEA” barcoding system to make forensic reports tamper-proof?
D. Andra Pradesh
2. Classical Music Festival “Tansen Samaroh” was held in which city of India?
D. New Delhi
3. The World Design Organization (WDO) has launched its new global programme the ‘World Design Protopolis 2019’ in which the city of India?
A. New Delhi
4. According to the Income Tax Department, what will be the last date to link Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhar?
A. January 31, 2020
B. December 30 , 2020
C. March 31, 2020
D. December 31 , 2019
5. Which Indian state has inaugurated the International Film Festival 2019?
A. Madhya Pradesh
6. Which Global Positioning System Service provider has claimed for the maximum coverage of the planet Earth area (98%)?
A. Bhuvan Indian GPS System
B. Google Earth
C. Trengal Indian GPS System
D. City mapper
7. Which country’s peacekeepers have been awarded by the United Nations (UN) to support the people of South Sudan?
8. Project Mars Rover 2020 belongs to which country?
9. Who has won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award 2019?
A. Ben Stokes
B. Virat Kohli
C. David warner
D. Jaspreet Bumrah
10. International Migrants Day is being observed on ______.
A. 12 December
B. 18 December
C. 14 December
D. 15 December
11. Consider the following statements related to National Broadband Mission:
1. IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched National Broadband Mission.
2. The vision of the NBM is to fast track growth of digital communications infrastructure, bridge the digital divide, facilitate digital empowerment and inclusion and provide affordable and universal access of broadband for all.
3. Laying of incremental 35 lakhs route km of Optical Fiber Cable and increase in tower density from 0.42 to 1.0 tower per thousand of population by 2024.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to first Global Refugee Forum:
1. The first Global Refugee Forum (GRF), a two-day gathering of United Nations member states, began in Geneva.
2. On 25 April 1948, 50 governments met in San Francisco for a conference and started drafting the UN Charter, which was adopted on 25 June 1945 and took effect on 24 October 1945.
3. The GRF will be held every four years at the Ministerial level.
13. Consider the following statements related to Hydrogen Cell Technology:
1. Supreme Court has recently asked the government to look into the feasibility of hydrogen-based tech to deal with vehicular air pollution in New Delhi.
2. Fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) are a device that uses a source of fuel, such as hydrogen, and an oxidant to create electricity by an electrochemical process.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to World Economic Forum Report:
1. India slips to 112th place on gender gap: World Economic Forum Report.
2. India was ranked 108 in the year 2018.
3. The Report also highlights that India has a very low (13.8 percent) women representation on company boards.
15. Consider the following statements.
1. GEM launches national outreach programme ‘GeM Samvaad’.
2. The programme will take place 14th February next year and will cover all the States and Union Territories of the country.
Answer: 1) A
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has inaugurated the ‘TRAKEA’ barcoding system of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) at Madhuban, Haryana. According to Haryana police, it helps to automate the entire procedure, right from the moment when forensic experts collect vital samples from the scene of the crime to conducting an analysis of the samples. Now, Haryana became the first state in the country to introduce this unique barcoding system. The ‘TRAKEA’software has been developed by Amit Mishra, a software engineer who was in Bhondsi jail for 13 months imprisoned on the charge of killing his wife.
Answer: 2) B
Popular classical music festival ‘Tansen Samaroh’ has begun in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. The five-day festival is celebrated every year in the memory of one of the most eminent singers of Indian history, ‘Mian Tansen’. Pandit Vidyadhar Vyas will be honoured with this year’s prestigious Tansen Samman. On this occasion, the music-driven platform is used by the musicians and instrumentalists from all over the world to showcase their talent. The event will conclude on 21st December and will be graced by many prominent artists.
Answer: 3) C
The World Design Organization (WDO) is all set to launch its new global programme World Design Protopolis in Bengaluru. It aims at implementing holistic progress in megacities across the world and making them sustainable. The announcement was made at the ongoing three-day Kochi Design Week (KDW), India’s largest design conclave that kicked off at Bolgatty Island. The project aims to measure the progress of the city, attract investments and solve problems so that the city becomes a better place for the citizens.
Answer: 4) D
According to the Income Tax Department, it will be mandatory to link Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar by 31st Dec 2019. This will facilitate to reap seamless benefits of income tax services. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended till the 31st of December, by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) through an order issued in September this year. In order to link a PAN with Aadhaar online, the assessee is required to log in to the e-filing portal. The Income Tax Department also provides an SMS-based facility to enable the linking.
Aadhaar is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to a resident of India and PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the I-T Department to a person, firm or entity.
Answer: 5) A
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath has inaugurated the International Film Festival in Shilpkala village of Khajuraho. Films from the country and abroad including Bundelkhandi will be screened at the Tapra Talkies made for the festival.
The International Khajuraho Film Festival is being organized by the Prayas Sanstha in collaboration with the State Government. Events like interaction with film stars, film making workshop, mobile film making workshop, plays, programmes for promoting local art and culture, herbal forest fair, animal fair etc. are also organized during the Film Festival.
Answer: 6) B
Search engine giant Google has revealed that it’s powerful mapping service, Google Earth now covers more than 98% of the world.It has captured 10 million miles of Street View imagery, a distance that could circle the globe more than 400 times. When it comes to Google Earth, the software that lets you browse the globe with 3D representation, right from the comfort of your couch, offers 6 million square miles of high definition satellite images, covering more than 98% of the entire population.
Answer: 7) C
Indian peacekeepers have been recognized for their strong contribution to building peace in conflict-affected South Sudan as well as for going above and beyond their duties to support local communities. Around 850 Indian troops received the United Nations Medal for their dedication and sacrifice serving so far away from home to protect civilians and build durable peace in South Sudan. Currently, 2,342 Indian troops & 25 police personnel are deployed with the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). The Indian troops were particularly praised for their efforts to support peace talks between Government and Opposition forces in the Upper Nile region and establishing the first-ever UNMISS base on the west bank of the Nile at Kodok.
Answer: 8) D
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will launch rover ‘Mars 2020’ in 2020.The rover builds and managed by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.“Mars 2020” will explore a landscape shaped by water which is the ‘Jezero Crater’, the site of an ancient delta. Mars 2020’s arm has the same reach as ‘Curiosity’s arm. ‘Mars 2020’s’ turret weighs 99 pounds (45 kilograms) more than Curiosity’s because it carries larger instruments and a larger drill for coring and has many other changes in the physical design.
Answer: 9) A
England cricket World Cup winner Ben Stokes (28-years) has been voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year. He became the first cricketer to win the prize after Andrew Flintoff (in 2005).In a public vote, Lewis Hamilton came second with Dina Asher-Smith third. The BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2019 took place at the P&J Live in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
Answer: 10) B
The UN’s (United Nation) International Migration Day (IMD) is being observed every year on 18th December to protect the rights of migrant workers and members of their families. The International Organization for Migration salutes migrants and the communities they join, the communities they remake through their mutual effort. In Dec 2000, the UN General Assembly proclaimed 18 Dec as International Migrants Day after considering the large and increasing number of migrants in the world.
Answer: 11) A
The Minister for Communications, Law & Justice and Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launches the National Broadband Mission (NBM) in New Delhi.
The vision of the NBM is to fast track growth of digital communications infrastructure, bridge the digital divide, facilitate digital empowerment and inclusion and provide affordable and universal access of broadband for all.
Affordability and quality are:
Answer: 12) B
The first Global Refugee Forum (GRF), a two-day gathering of United Nations member states, began in Geneva, Switzerland. The forum is jointly hosted by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the UN Refugee Agency, and the government of Switzerland. It aims to debate and discuss the response of the world’s countries to the global refugee situation. It is guided by the Global Compact on Refugees, the Global Refugee Forum is an opportunity to translate the principle of international responsibility-sharing into concrete action.
The Forum will showcase impactful pledges and contributions and the exchange of good practices. The GRF will be held every four years at the Ministerial level.
The first GRF has been organised around six areas of focus:
Answer: 13) C
Supreme Court has recently asked the government to look into the feasibility of hydrogen-based tech to deal with vehicular air pollution in New Delhi.
India is looking closely at Japan, which is gearing up to put on its roads thousands of vehicles based on a hydrogen cell technology, also known as ‘fuel cells’.
How its work?
Answer: 14) D
India has slipped four places on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap index to 112. India was ranked 108 in the year 2018.India lags behind some of its neighbours like China (106th), Sri Lanka (102nd), Nepal (101st), Brazil (92nd), Indonesia (85th) and Bangladesh (50th).
Iceland is the world’s most gender-neutral country, while Yemen was ranked the worst at 153th place. Iceland has been the frontrunner on the Global Gender Gap Index for 11 years in a row. It’s followed by Nordic neighbours Norway, Finland and Sweden. As per the report, worldwide, women now hold 25.2 per cent of parliamentary lower-house seats and 21.2 per cent of ministerial positions, compared to 24.1 per cent and 19 per cent respectively last year.
The ranking of various countries in the World Economic Forum’s Gender Gap Index is based on four criteria. These four criteria are:
India Specific Findings
World Economic Forum
Answer: 15) A
Government e-commerce portal GeM has launched a national outreach programme, GeM Samvaad, to bring on-board more local sellers. The outreach programme will take place with stakeholders across the country and with local sellers to facilitate on-boarding of local sellers on the marketplace. The programme will take place 17th February next year and will cover all the States and Union Territories of the country. GeM has more than 15 lakh products and around 20,000 services, more than 3 lakh registered sellers and service providers and more than 40 thousand government buyer organizations.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.