1. Who has won ‘India Cyber Cop of the Year 2019’ award?
A. P. Raju
B. Gupteshwar Pandey
C. Omprakash Singh
D. Amulya Kumar Patnaik
2. Which of the following State Police has been honored with “President’s Colours” 2019 for their outstanding services?
3. Which State organized three-days Orange Festival 2019?
4. How many years were extended in the flagship scheme of the Government of India, Amrit?
A. 5 year
B. 4 years
C. 3 years
D. 2 years
5. Who has been appointed as a chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of NALCO (National Aluminum Company Limited)?
A. Shridhar patra
B. Sandeep Patra
C. Shashi Shankar
D. Sanjeev Singh
6. Government e-commerce portal (GeM) has launched a national outreach program to bring on-board more local sellers. what is the name of the program?
A. GeM Samadhan
B. GeM Samvaad
C. GeM Paramarsh
D. GeM madad
7. Which of the following Countries has launched World’s first liquid hydrogen carrier ship ‘Suiso Frontier’?
A. South Korea
8. Who among the following Coffered with United World Wrestling’s (UWW) best junior wrestler of 2019?
A. Bajrang Punia
B. Sunil Kumar
C. Sushil Kumar
D. Deepak Punia
9. Renowned personality Shriram Lagoo passed away recently, he was a ______.
B. former chairman of the US Federal Reserve
C. Bar code inventor
10. When Goa Liberation Day is celebrated every year?
A. 20 December
B. 19 December
C. 18 December
D. 17 December
11. Consider the following statements:
1. West Bengal stops National Population Register work.
2. National Population Register is a register of the usual residents of the country.
3. In India, National Population Register was prepared along with Census 2011 and which is last time updated in 2014.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. India Signs $350 Million Loan Agreement With ADB To Expand Energy Efficiency Investments In India.
2. ADB previously approved a $200 million loan to EESL, a public sector energy service company, in 2016 for Demand Side Energy Efficiency Sector Project that focused on efficient lighting and appliances.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
13. Consider the following statements related to Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019:
1. Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 becomes Act after President’s assent.
2. Accordingly, India has acceded to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009 on 28th November, 2019.
14. Consider the following statements related to Sahitya Akademi Awards 2019:
1. Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards .
2. The Sahitya Akademi Award carries an engraved copper plaque, shawl and Rs 1 lakh, which will be presented to the winners on January 25, 2020 during the Festival of Letters organised by the Akademi.
3. The headquarters of the Sahitya Academy is located at Rabindra Bhavan in Delhi.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. ‘Nuad Thai’, Traditional Thai massage Recognised in UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists
2. Nuad Thai Massage is one among over 18 elements that have been chosen for inclusion in the 2019 list.
Answer: 1) A
B P Raju (CBI – officer) has been awarded the ‘India Cyber Cop of the Year 2019’ during the Annual Information Security Summit held at Gurgaon, Haryana. He won the award for investigating and cracking a fraud case in an online entrance exam conducted by an engineering college in Rajasthan.nRaju arrested nine accused persons and collected incriminating evidence from digital devices, which revealed the modus operandi adopted by the accuse. The award was conferred by NASSCOM-DSCI (Data Security Council of India).
Answer: 2) B
Vice President of India Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu presented the ‘Gujarat Police’ with ‘President’s colours’ for their outstanding services. It is the highest honour given to the police force in India. The previously awarded states were Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Tripura and Assam. The president’s colours are also known as ‘Nishaan’ which is an emblem that will be worn by all police officers on the left-hand sleeve of their uniform.
Answer: 3) C
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh inaugurated the three days State-level Orange festival at district headquarters Tamenglong in Manipur. The state government under the sponsorship of North Eastern Council organise the festival annually to promote the fruit and encourage its growers. As part of the festival, cultural show, raditional games, orange queen completion, a seminar for growers will be held. Tamenglong district is the largest producer of orange fruit in Manipur.
Answer: 4) D
The Union Government has extended the deadline of its flagship scheme AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation) by two more years. In 2015, PM Modi has launched AMRUT mission, promising 139 lakh water connections and 145 lakh sewer connections by March 2020. In the last five years, 2,316 projects have been completed so far at an expense of Rs 7,195 crore. The expenditure of the mission was estimated as Rs 77,640 crores. According to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affair, 46% of water connection & 28.3% of sewer connections have been achieved between June 2015 and December 2019.
Some goals of the AMRUT scheme are
Answer: 5) A
Sridhar Patra has been appointed as the chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of NALCO till 31st October 2024. Currently, Mr Patra is posted as Director (Finance) in the National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO).
National Aluminium Company Limited
Answer: 6) B
Government e-commerce portal (GeM) has launched a national outreach programme ‘GeM Samvaad’ to bring on-board more local sellers. The outreach programme will take place with stakeholders across the country and with local sellers to facilitate on-boarding of local sellers on the marketplace. The programme will take place from tomorrow to 17th February next year and will cover all the States and Union Territories of the country. GeM has more than 15 lakh products and around 20,000 services, more than 3 lakh registered sellers and service providers and more than 40 thousand government buyer organizations.
Answer: 7) C
Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industries has launched world’s first marine carrier ‘Suiso Frontier’ (116 meters long), transports liquefied hydrogen, in a bid to establish green energy supply chain. By liquefying hydrogen at minus 253 degrees Celsius, the cargo can be compressed to one-800th of its gaseous volume. The carrier will transport to Japan hydrogen produced in Australia from cheap coal, with trial shipments due to begin before March 2021.
Answer: 8) D
World championships silver medallist Deepak Punia has been named United World Wrestling’s (UWW) Junior Freestyle Wrestler of the Year. Punia became the first Indian wrestler in 18 years to win a junior world title since 2001.Japan’s Yui SUSAKI has been named United World Wrestling’s Junior Women’s Wrestler of the Year. Currently, Punia is number-1 in the UWW rankings of 86kg category.
Answer: 9) A
Veteran actor & ENT Surgeon Dr Shriram Lagoo (92-years) passed away at his Pune residence. Mr. Lagoo acted in more than 100 Hindi and Marathi films in his career and directed twenty plays in Marathi. His roles in Marathi plays such as “Natsamrat” and “Himalayachi Saoli”, and films such as “Pinjra” made him popular. In Hindi, he essayed memorable roles in films such as “Ek Din Achanak”, “Gharonda” and “Lawaris”, to name a few. Dr Lagoo also wrote a book, an autobiography titled ‘Lamaan’ (means ‘the carrier of goods’). He won the 1978 Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for the Hindi film Gharaonda.
Answer: 10) B
Goa is celebrating its 58th Liberation Day. The state was liberated on this day (19th December) in 1961 from Portuguese control after almost 450 years of colonial rule. Goa is a state in India within the coastal region known as the Konkan in Western India, bounded by Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, with the Arabian Sea forming its Western coast. It is India’s smallest state by area and the fourth smallest by population.
Answer: 11) A
Recently the West Bengal government withdrew activities related to the National Population Register (NPR).
National Population Register
Answer: 12) B
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India on December 16, 2019 signed a $250 million loan to Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) to expand energy efficiency investments in India that will benefit agricultural, residential and institutional consumers. In addition, $46 million financing will be provided from the Clean Technology Fund (CTF), to be administered by ADB. ADB previously approved a $200 million loan to EESL, a public sector energy service company, in 2016 for Demand Side Energy Efficiency Sector Project that focused on efficient lighting and appliances.
Benefits and features
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Answer: 13) C
The Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 has become an Act. It became Act after it received the assent of President of India .The government decided to bring this Act to provide for the regulation of recycling of ships by setting certain international standards and laying down the statutory mechanism for enforcement of such standards. The Government has also decided to accede to the Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009. Accordingly, India has acceded to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009 on 28th November, 2019.
Features of the Act
Answer: 14) D
Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards . Seven books of poetry, four of novel, six of short stories, three of essays and one each of non-fiction, autobiography and biography have won the Sahitya Akademi Awards 2019. The Awards were recommended by distinguished Jury members representing 23 Indian languages and approved by the Executive Board of the Sahitya Akademi which met today under the Chairmanship of Dr. Chandrashekhar Kambar, President, SahityaAkademi.
Sahitya Akademi Awards 2019: Complete List of Winners
The complete list of winners in different language and genre categories is given in the table below. This time, the awards for the Nepali language will be announced later.
Sahitya Akademi Awards
Answer: 15) A
The traditional “Nuad” Thai massage from Thailand has been recognized by UNESCO as part of its Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. This message was originated in India but is practised in Thailand for centuries. It was popularized when a speciality school was opened in the 1960s to train massage therapists from around the world. Nuad Thai Massage is one among over 20 elements that have been chosen for inclusion in the 2019 list. The UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list includes 13 items from India till date.
The most recent addition was made in 2017 when Kumbh Mela was added to the list.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.