India’s third-highest gallantry medal in peacetime, Shaurya Chakra, has been awarded to six Army and three police personnel for conspicuous bravery in counter-terror operations, while the two pilots of the Mi-17 V5 helicopter shot down by “friendly fire” after the Balakot air strikes have been given the Vayu Sena Medal for gallantry.
1. Subedar Sombeer: On 22 February 2019, Sombir Singh, posted in Rashtriya Rifles, was martyred while fighting 3 terrorists. Seeing fellow jawans trapped in the firing of terrorists, they came forward and killed the terrorists.
2. Nayak Naresh Kumar: In the search operation last year, the information about a terrorist hiding in a house, Naresh Kumar crawled and reached it and killed him in one bullet.
3. Major Conjengbam Bijendra Singh: Major Conjengbam Bijendra Singh participated in many anti-terror operations. Last year, he not only saved the lives of fellow terrorists, but also eliminated two militants.
4. Soldier Karmadev Oraon: Karmadev threw 9 grenades on 4 terrorists coming towards his post amidst heavy firing from Pak Outpost. This caused two terrorists to pile up.
5. Naib Subedar Narendra Singh: This soldier of Special Forces saw the movement of terrorists on LOC and killed two terrorists without losing time. The terrorists were planning to attack army bases.
6. Lieutenant Colonel Jyoti Lama: This officer of 11 Gorkha Rifles caught 14 terrorists in Manipur. On July 23 last year, he killed two dreaded terrorists.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.