1. How many crore rupees project approved by the government for the supply of natural gas in the Northeast?
A. 5000 crores
B. 6000 crores
C. 7000 crores
D. 8000 crores
2. Against whom was the alert issued in Kerala?
3. Which State started the 3rd Khelo India games?
4. Which Government signs MoU with German firm KFW for Zero Budget Natural Farming?
A. Government of Jharkhand
B. Government of Uttarakhand
C. Government of Telangana
D. Government of Andhra Pradesh
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Hudco?
A. M Nagaraj
B. Dr. Ketan Desai
C. Dr. Suresh Chandra Sharma
D. Dr. Jayashriben Mehta
6. When will Budget 2020 and Economic Survey 19-2020 be introduced?
A. 6 February and 30 January
B. 1 February and 31 January
C. 1 February and 29 January
D. 10 February and 31 January
7. Sultan Qaboos passed away recently, he was a ______.
B. Former Governor
C. Oman Sultan
8. National Youth Day is being observed on ______.
A. 9 January
B. 10 January
C. 11 January
D. 12 January
9. Where is the National Youth Festival being held?
10. Chinese paddlefish’, which has become extinct, was found in which river?
A. Yellow River
B. Yangtze River
C. Mekong River
D. Huai River
11. Consider the following statements related to State Energy Efficiency Index 2019:
1. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri Raj Kumar Singh released the ‘State Energy Efficiency Index 2019.
2. The index was released on the occasion of RPM ( Review, Planning and Monitoring) meeting, which was held at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi.
3. The first such Index, the “State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index 2018”, was launched on August 7, 2018.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Indian Railways to source 1,000 MW solar, 200 MW wind power by 2021-22.
2. 400 Mega Watt (MW) solar plants are to be installed on the roof top of Railway buildings which will be used to meet non-traction loads at Railway Stations, etc.
3. The Nandyal – Yerraguntla section in Guntakal Division has been declared as the first solar section in South Central Railway.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. For Speedy disposal of Rape and POCSO Act Cases, govt to set up 1023 Fast Track Special Courts.
2. Accordingly, the Central Government has started a Scheme for setting up of 1023 FTSCs across the country based on pendency of subject cases obtained from various High Courts.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan:
1. UP to set up a zoo named after Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan.
2. Ashfaq composed poems mostly in Urdu and a few in Hindi, under the pen names Varasi and Hazarat.
3. He was associated with Hindustan Socialist Republican Association and Kakori Conspiracy case.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Second largest Muslim Congregation in the world Bishwa Ijtema begins in Bangladesh.
2. The second phase of Bishwa Ijtem will take place between January 14-19.
Answer: 1) A
The Government has approved the Viability Gap Funding, VGF of 5 thousand, 559 crore rupees to Indradhanush Gas Grid Limited to build Natural Gas Pipeline Grid covering 8 North Eastern states. This is the second such funding by the government for a gas pipeline project. The total cost of the grid is 9 thousand 256 crore rupees and sanctioned VGF amount will cover 60 per cent cost of the project.
The 1,656-km pipeline will connect Guwahati in Assam to major cities in the region such as Itanagar, Dimapur, Kohima, Imphal, Aizawl and Agartala. The project is critical towards implementing the government’s Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for the North-East.
Answer: 2) B
The Kerala State Health department had issued in connection with confirmation of H1N1 infection in Kozhikode district. The blood sample report from Manipal Virology lab confirmed H1N1 infection in around 5 people including teachers and students of Mukham Anayankunnu higher secondary school in Karashery Panchayat in Kozhikode.
Answer: 3) C
The stage has been set for the grand inauguration of the third Khelo India youth games at Guwahati in Assam. The opening ceremony of the event was held at Sarusajai stadium in Guwahati. Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal, Union Sports minister Kiren Rijjju and several star players graced the opening ceremony. Cycling and Lawn Bowls are the new additional games of this year’s event.
Answer: 4) D
The Andhra Pradesh Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the representatives of a German firm, KFW for `Zero Budget Natural Farming’ (ZBNF). As part of the agreement that intends to scale up the ongoing project with the German firm, the government has taken a loan of Rs 711 crores out of the estimated amount of Rs 1015 crore earmarked to be spent towards the climate-resilient, ZBNF.
The YS Jaganmohan Reddy led-State government will spend Rs 304 crore on the project. The project is aimed to cover 2.39 lakh farmers in around 600 village panchayats and promote natural farming. Zero Budget Natural Farming, as the name implies, is a method of farming where the cost of growing and harvesting plants is zero. This means that farmers need not purchase fertilizers and pesticides in order to ensure the healthy growth of crops.
Answer: 5) A
State-owned Housing and Urban Development Corporation (Hudco) said that M Nagaraj has been appointed the company’s Chairman and Managing Director. Nagaraj is also Director (Corporate Planning) of the company. He has experience of around 28 years in a multitude of sectors such as housing, infrastructure finance, skill development and microfinance in the social sector, and international trading.
Hudco provides loans for housing and urban infrastructure projects.
Answer: 6) B
Union Budget will be presented on the 1st of February and the Economic Survey on 31st January 2020. The Budget Session of Parliament will begin on the 31st of this month. The first Union budget of independent India was presented by R. K. Shanmukham Chetty on 26th November 1947. Until 2016, the budget of the Indian Railways was presented separately to Parliament and dealt with separately.
Economic Survey of India:
Answer: 7) C
The King of Oman Sultan Qaboos bin Said (79-years) passed away due to years-long struggle with an illness. Sultan Qaboos supported by Britain came to power in 1970 in a bloodless coup against his father. Sultan Qaboos followed a moderate and a stable foreign policy and is credited with turning Oman into a modern country. During his rule, Oman often became the neutral mediator in the otherwise volatile region. The written constitution Qaboos introduced requires the ruling family to choose a successor within three days of the throne falling vacant. The Sultan of the Sultanate of Oman is the monarch and head of state of Oman. It is the most powerful position in the country.
Know about Qaboos bin Said
Answer: 8) D
The nation is celebrating the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda as National Youth Day on 12 January. One of the greatest spiritual leaders of India, Swami Vivekananda introduced the world to the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga. He became popular in the western world after his famous speech at the World’s Parliament of Religions held in Chicago in 1893. Vivekananda was the chief disciple of the 19th-century mystic Ramakrishna Paramhansa. He was the founder of the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission.
Answer: 9) A
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and State Government of Uttar Pradesh will jointly organize 23rd National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 at Indira Pratishthan, Lucknow from 12th to 16th January, 2020. The festival will inauguratred on 12th January on the occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the great Youth icon.
About National Youth Festival
Answer: 10) B
The Chinese paddlefish (Psephurus gladius), native to the Yangtze, Asia’s longest river, and one of the world’s largest freshwater species has been declared extinct by Chinese scientists. The last confirmed sighting of the fish was in 2003. The last individuals of the species are thought to have died between 2005 and 2010.
About the Chinese paddlefish
About American paddlefish
Answer: 11) A
Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri Raj Kumar Singh released the ‘State Energy Efficiency Index 2019’. It tracks the progress of Energy Efficiency (EE) initiatives in 36 states and union territories based on 97 significant indicators.
About Energy Efficiency Index
Key Takeaways for States
Proactive role by states in policy formulation and implementation to shift the focus from “policies in place” to “policies successfully implemented”.
1. Strengthening the mechanism for data capture, management and public availability of data: For this year’s Index, SDAs proactively contacted various state departments to gather data. However, SDAs should further enhance their engagement with state departments and private sector to enable a robust mechanism for Energy Data Management System.
2. Enhancing the credibility of EE schemes: Ensuring the integrity of programs that have direct or indirect linkages with common consumers is significant to energy efficiency market transformation.States must demonstrate an approach which includes enforcement and compliance checks as well as independent monitoring and verification of savings, which is integral to all EE policies andprograms.
Answer: 12) B
Indian Railways has planned to source about 1000 Mega Watt (MW) Solar Power and about 200 MW of wind power progressively by 2021-22 across Zonal Railways & Production Units. Of this, 500 Mega Watt (MW) solar plants are to be installed on the roof top of Railway buildings which will be used to meet non-traction loads at Railway Stations, etc. About 500 MW land based solar plants will be used to meet both traction & non-traction requirements.
First solar section
Green Railway stations
Answer: 13) C
To bring out more stringent provisions and expeditious trial and disposal of offences of rape and gang rape of women and children, Government of India enacted the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018.
Answer: 14) D
The Uttar Pradesh government has recently announced it will build a 121-acre zoo in Gorakhpur named after the freedom fighter and revolutionary Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan.
About Ashfaqullah Khan
About Hindustan Socialist Republican Association
The Kakori Conspiracy
Answer: 15) A
The first phase of the world’s second-largest Muslim congregation after Haj began on the outskirts of Dhaka. Thousands of devotees from Bangladesh and abroad are thronging the bank of river Turag at Tongi near Dhaka to participate in the congregation called Bishwa Ijtema. Noted scholars give a religious sermon to the devotees on this occasion. The Ijtema began with the ‘aam bayan’ and will end on January 12 with the final prayers ‘Akheri Munajat’. The second phase of Bishwa Ijtem will take place between January 17-19. Bishwa Ijtema has been taking place on the Turag riverbank in Tongi near Dhaka since 1967. In 2011, the congregation was split into two phases to ensure better management. Bishwa Ijtema draws in Muslim devotees from about 150 countries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.