1. Who among the following conferred with Polly Umrigar Award (2018-19) for being the best international cricketer at the BCCI Annual Awards?
A. Jaspreet Bumrah
B. Rohit Sharma
C. Virat Kohli
D. Shikhar Dhawan
2. International exhibition and conference on the civil aviation sector, Wings India 2020 will be held at which Airport in March 2020?
A. Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
B. Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad
C. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai
D. Chennai International Airport
3. World Trade Organization (WTO) has set up a panel to examine complaints against India filled by which country for hiking customs duties on its Goods?
C. United Arab Emirates
4. Mohd Haitham bin Tariq al-Said took over as Sultan of which country?
A. United Arab Emirates
B. Saudi Arab
5. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will now allow consumers to give an e-mandate for recurring payments made through Unified Payments Interface (UPI). The limit on such recurring transactions has been set at _______.
A. 2000 rupees
B. 4000 rupees
C. 15,000 rupees
D. 10,000 rupees
6. The Union Home Minister Amit Shah has launched the first Cyber Crime Prevention Unit of India “AASHVAST” in _____.
A. Indore, Madhya Pradesh
B. Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
C. Bengaluru, Karnataka
D. Faridabad, Haryana
7. In which city of India, the Union Steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched ‘Mission Purvodaya’ aims at accelerated development of eastern India through integrated steel hub?
A. Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
B. Bokaro, Jharkhand
C. Kolkata, West Bengal
D. Bardhaman, West Bengal
8. Pulses Conclave was held at which place ?
9. Who unveiled transformative laser-based air defense system?
10. Which State started the Famous chariot festival of Suchindram Thanumalayan Temple?
B. Tamil Nadu
11. Consider the following statements related to Mission Purvodaya:
1. Dharmendra Pradhan unveils Mission Purvodaya to develop eastern region into a integrated steel hub.
2. Growth of steel industry through such a hub would lead to significant employment opportunities across the entire value chain, creating over 3.5 Million jobs in the region.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements:
1. PM Modi renames Kolkata Port Trust after Bharatiya Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
2. Prime Minister inaugurated Kaushal Vikas Kendra and Pritilata Chhatra Avas for 300 Tribal girl students of Sunderbans.
3. Dr. Mukherjee, the son of Bengal, laid the foundation for industrialization in the country and has been very instrumental in the development of projects such as Chittaranjan Locomotive Factory, Hindustan Aircraft Factory, Sindri Fertilizer Factory and Damodar Valley Corporation.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to Amma Vodi’ scheme:
1. Telangana government has launched the ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme.
2. The scheme will be implemented from January 26, 2020 (Republic Day).
3. Under Amma Vodi, the mothers of school-going children will receive annual financial assistance of Rs 15,000 per year.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. The New York Times reported that the “near-extinct” Nepalese language Seke has just 700 speakers around the world.
2. According to the Endangered Language Alliance (ELA), Seke is one of the over 100 indigenous languages of Nepal.
3. It is mainly spoken in the five villages of Chuksang, Chaile, Gyakar, Tangbe and Tetang in the Upper Mustang district.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Indian scientists of the National Institute of Virology have detected the country’s first case of infection with a rare variant of the virus (H9N2) that causes avian influenza, or bird flu.
2. The H9N2 subtype was isolated for the first time in Wisconsin, US in 1956 from turkey flocks.
Answer: 1) A
Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah (world’s No. 1 ODI bowler) will receive the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)’s Polly Umrigar Award for his super performance in international cricket in the 2018-19 season. Currently ranked as the world no.1 ODI bowler, Bumrah had made his Test debut during India’s tour of South Africa in January 2018. He has picked up five-wicket hauls in South Africa, England, Australia, and the West Indies to become the first and only Asian bowler to achieve the milestone. Leg-spinner Poonam Yadav will be given the best international cricketer (women) award. Poonam was conferred Arjuna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind on the occasion of National Sports Day in 2019. Krishnamachari Srikkanth (Former India captains) and Anjum Chopra (Indian cricketer) will be presented with the Col CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award and the BCCI Lifetime Achievement Award for women respectively. Teenager Shafali Verma (15) was awarded the best international debutant and best woman cricketer in junior domestic cricket.
Answer: 2) B
Biennial International Exhibition and Conference on Civil Aviation Sector, ‘Wings India 2020’ will be held at Begumpet Airport in Hyderabad, Telangana from March 12-15, 2020. The theme of the exhibition is “Flying for all”. The exhibition will be jointly organized by the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MCA), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce And Industry (FICCI), Airports Authority of India (AAI).It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in presence of Minister for Civil Aviation. During the event first-ever “Wings India Awards’ for Excellence in the Civil Aviation Sector will be announced that will be conferred upon the Aviation-related Companies.
Ministry of Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri
Ministry of State for Civil Aviation: Suresh Prabhu
Director-General of Directorate General of Civil Aviation: Arun Kumar
Answer: 3) C
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has set up a panel to examine complaints filed by United States (US) against India for hiking customs duties of 28 American goods in July 2019.The US had dragged India to the WTO by filing a complaint against New Delhi’s move to increase customs duties, alleging the decision as inconsistent with the global trade norms. The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) is a WTO pact, signed by all member countries of the multi-lateral body, aims to promote trade by reducing or eliminating trade barriers like customs duties. The US had also alleged that the duties imposed by India appear to be inconsistent with the two norms of GATT. The US rolled back export incentives from India under its GSP (Generalized System of Preferences) programme and New Delhi has imposed higher customs duties on 28 American products such as almond, pulses, walnut, chickpeas, boric acid, etc. India’s exports to the US in 2017-18 stood at $47.9 billion, while its imports were at $26.7 billion. The trade balance is also in favour of India. It is a WTO pact signed by all the member countries of WTO and aims to promote trade by reducing or eliminating trade barriers like customs duties.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
Founded: 1 January 1995.
Director General (DG): Roberto Carvalho de Azevedo.
Answer: 4) D
Haitham bin Tariq al-Said took over as Sultan of Oman after the death of a long-time ruler Qaboos bin Said Al Said. Late Sultan Qaboos bin Saeed had ruled Oman since 1970 as the 8th Sultan of the House of Al Said. The late sultan had himself chose Haitham Bin Tareq Al Saeed (cousin of late Sultan Qaboos) as his successor, as the Sultan had no children. He was the longest-serving monarch among the recent Arab rulers. The Sultan of Oman is the highest decision-maker and holds the parallel position of the Prime Minister, Defence Minister, Finance Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister and the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.
Answer: 5) A
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will now allow consumers to give an e-mandate for recurring payments made through Unified Payments Interface (UPI). This functionality will allow UPI users to bypass additional factor authentication (AFA) every time a payment is made to a regular merchant by giving a one-time instruction to the UPI service provider. This facility was earlier available for card and wallet-based payments. The limit on such recurring transactions has been set at Rs. 2000.
Answer: 6) B
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the country’s first Cyber Crime Prevention Unit AASHVAST in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. He also launched Video Integration and StateWide Advance Security-VISWAS project. The Cyber Crime Prevention Unit-AASHVAST will have a dedicated service helpline for victims of cyber-crimes.
Answer: 7) C
Union Steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched ‘Mission Purvodaya’ at The Oberoi Grand Kolkata, West Bengal. which aims at accelerated development of eastern India through integrated steel hub. Under the mission, the government will enhance capacity through easing the setup of greenfield steel plants, develop steel clusters near integrated steel plants as well as demand centers. Besides, the government aims to transform logistics and utility infrastructure which would change the socio-economic landscape in eastern India. The steps under mission also include the growth of the steel industry along with employment opportunities across the entire value chain. Eastern India, is a focus area for the government and about half of the aspirational districts are in this region which are becoming hotspots of socio-economic development.
Answer: 8) D
India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA) has announced the fifth edition of the Pulses Conclave, will be held in Lonavala, Maharashtra from 12-14 February 2020. IPGA expects close to 1500 trade stakeholders from India and key pulses exporting countries like USA, Australia, Canada, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi. IPGA is the nodal body for the country’s pulses trade and industry. The conference aims at increasing exports, processing efficiencies, protein extraction, value addition and post-harvest management.
Answer: 9) A
According to the Israeli Ministry of Defense, Israel has successfully developed a laser-based air defence system. The system is meant to intercept aerial threats ranging from as mortar fire, drones, medium-range Grad rockets, anti-tank missiles as well as long-range missiles. The technological development will enable the long-range targeting and stabilization of laser beams, allowing them to intercept targets at great distances. The system is set to be tested in six months’ time at an undisclosed location in northern Israel. If the interception test is successful, the laser-based system will be dispatched for field use along Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip.
Answer: 10) B
The famous chariot festival of the Suchindram Thanumalayan Temple is being held with great camaraderie and devotion. The ten-day annual festival is held in the Tamil month falling in December – January. The temple is especially significant because it is sacred to both the Shaivite as well as Vaishnavite sects. This 17th-century temple is famous for its architectural grandeur. There is an Anjaneya statue, which is 22 feet tall and is carved out of a single granite block. It is said to be one of the tallest statues of its type in India.
Answer: 11) A
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minster for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel will launch the Purvodaya launched Purvodaya-Accelerated Development of Eastern Region through an Integrated Steel hub at The Oberoi Grand Kolkata.
Integrated Steel Hub
The Integrated Steel Hub would focus on 3 key elements:
These elements would be supported through additional enablers such as ensured availability of raw materials, presence of supporting industries such as capital goods and well-established avenues for skill development.
Steps Taken by Ministry of Steel
Various steps to make this hub a reality are already being taken by the Ministry. The Central Ministries, the State Governments and Private Players across the spectrum are allied to the cause of Purvodaya. The following actions have already been initiated by the Ministry of Steel, in co-ordination with the various stakeholders:
Answer: 12) B
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the grand Sesquicentenary Celebrations of the Kolkata Port Trust . Prime Minister unveiled a plaque at the site of original Port Jetties to commemorate 150 years of the Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT). Shri Modi termed that it is a privilege to be a part of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the KoPT a historic symbol of the country’s water power.
The Prime Minister also launched the Port Anthem during the event.
Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Port Trust
Welfare of the Pensioners of KoPT
Answer: 13) C
The Andhra Pradesh government has launched the ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme. In this scheme, the mothers and guardians of school-going children from lower-income groups will get financial assistance of Rs 15,000 annually under the scheme. Amma Vodi translates to ‘mother’s lap’ in Telugu.
Key points on Amma Vodi scheme:
Answer: 14) D
The New York Times reported that the “near-extinct” Nepalese language Seke has just 700 speakers around the world. The last year, 2019, was the International Year of Indigenous Languages, mandated by the United Nations (UN). As per the Endangered Languages Project (ELP), there are roughly 201 endangered languages in India and about 70 in Nepal.
About Nepal’s Seke language
UNESCO has six degrees of endangerment.
Answer: 15) A
Indian scientists of the National Institute of Virology have detected the country’s first case of infection with a rare variant of the virus (H9N2) that causes avian influenza, or bird flu.
About The H9N2 virus
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.