1. Which two football clubs have recently merged together?
A. Mohun Bagan and ATK
B. Mohun Bagan and East Bengal
C. Bangalore and Dempo
D. Dempo and ATK
2. With which two states did the central government sign the agreement to settle the Bru community dispute?
A. Mizoram and Manipur
B. Mizoram and Tripura
C. Tripura and Manipur
D. Nagaland and Meghalaya
3. under which article of the Indian Constitution, the State Government of Kerala has challenged the Citizenship Amendment Act CAA) in the Supreme Court?
A. Article 128
B. Article 135
C. Article 131
D. Article 143
4. According to the Bureau of India Standard, Jewellers will be allowed to sell only which grades of gold jewellery?
A. 12 carat, 14 carat and 22 carat
B. 14 carat, 16 carat and 22 carat
C. 16 carat, 10 carat and 24 carat
D. 14 carat, 18 carat and 22 carat
5. In order to digitize small and medium business in India, how much investment has Amazon announced in India?
A. One billion dollars
B. Two billion dollars
C. Three billion dollars
D. Four billion dollars
6. Who won the Crossword Book Award for his/her book ‘The Far Field’?
A. Amitav Ghosh
B. Madhuri Vijay
C. Kiran Desai
D. Jhumpa Lahiri
7. What was the objective of the campaign called ‘Saksham’ organized by PCRA and oil marketing companies in January 2020?
A. Ensuring access to cheap petroleum products
B. Providing petroleum distribution agency to Divyang
C. Fuel conservation
D. Preventing adulteration of petroleum products
8. Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh flagged off 51st K9 VAJRA-T Gun. It has been manufactured by :
A. Reliance Defense
B. Adani Enterprises
C. Bharat Forge
D. Larsen and Toubro
9. Who has been selected for the 29th Saraswati Samman?
A. Vasdev Mohi
B. Nand Kishore Acharya
C. Ratilal Borisagar
D. Anuradha Patil
10. Which statement is false with respect to GSAT-30 launched by ISRO?
A. It was launched on 17 January 2020 from Sriharikota.
B. The satellite will also provide coverage to Gulf countries, a large number of Asian countries and Australia.
C. It was launched from the Ariane-5 VA-251 rocket.
D. The 3,357-kg GSAT-30 is a communication satellite.
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Chhattisgarh challenges NIA Act.
2. The yet-to-be-listed petition follows the Kerala government’s plea against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019.
3. NIA Act law governs the functioning of India’s premier counter-terror agency. It was passed in the wake of the 26/12 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to 11 oil and gas blocks:
1. Govt offers 11 oil and gas blocks in 5th bid round.
2. the government has awarded 84 blocks under the Hydrocarbon Exploration & Licensing Policy (HELP) regime in a short time span of two and a half years.
3. Fields are offered under a revenue-sharing model and throw up marketing and pricing freedom for crude oil and natural gas produced.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. The Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Authority has launched a mobile phone app – ‘Rojgaar Sangi’
2. It is a mobile application aims to connect trained candidates with the jobs.
3. It will also help start-up companies to hire office staff.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to HSN code:
1. India not to allow imports without HSN code.
2. The full name of the HS code is Harmonized System.
3. It is a six-digit identification code with the first two digits indicating HS chapter, the next two parts indicating HS heading and the last two digits indicating HS sub-heading.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) celebrated its 5th Annual Day in New Delhi.
2. Hague convention was concluded in 1983 and adopted in the year 1995.
Answer: 1) A
Mohun Bagan will be rechristened ATK-Mohun Bagan from next season after the iconic club merged with ATK FC on Thursday by selling the majority stake to the owner of the two-time Indian Super League winners. The merged club will come into existence in June and will compete in the ISL 2020-21. The two sides will, however, play separately in the current I-League and ISL seasons. As per the deal, the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group, who are the principal owners of ATK, will acquire majority shareholding of 80 per cent in Mohun Bagan Football Club (India) Private Limited.
Answer: 2) B
Union Home Minister has presided over the signing of a quadripartite pact of the MHA with the State governments of Tripura, Mizoram and leaders of Bru community to permanently settle to internally displaced Bru people in Tripura.
About the Bru people
Answer: 3) C
Kerala became the first state to challenge the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) before the Supreme Court. The plea, filed under Article 131 of the Constitution on disputes between the Centre and states, said the Act violates the right to equality under Article 14 of the Constitution of India, right to life under Article 21, and freedom to practice religion under Article 25.
About Article 131
Answer: 4) D
Consumer Affairs Minister Ramvilas Paswan announced recently that, no jeweller will be allowed to sell gold jewellery or artefacts without hallmark from the Bureau of Indian Standards, onwards.
Consumers have to watch out for four marks on hallmarked gold jewellery:
According to new rule
Answer: 5) A
World’s largest online retailer Amazon announced that it has planned to invest $1 bn in India and generate 1 mn jobs. This was announced during Jeff Bezos three-days visit to India. Also, in order to involve small and medium businesses, a mega summit called the smBhav was organized by Amazon in New Delhi. According to the National E-Commerce Policy 2019, the Indian E-Com market is estimated to reach $200 bn by 2026.
Answer: 6) B
Author Madhuri Vijay has added a resplendent feather to her literary cap by winning the coveted Crossword Book Award for her debut novel on Kashmir, joining the pantheon of eminent Indian writers like Salman Rushdie, Vikram Seth, and Kiran Desai. The prestigious award in the jury category is the third major literary prize that the Bengaluru-born, US-based writer has won for her book ‘The Far Field’ which came out last year. In November last year, the 32-year-old author was crowned the winner of the JCB Prize for Literature, India’s richest literary award worth Rs. 25 lakh, and also bagged the Tata Literature Live First Book Award.
Answer: 7) C
Saksham a people centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) has been launched. One month long mega campaign was inaugurated by Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan in New Delhi. During this campaign, PCRA along with Oil and Gas companies will carry out various activities like ‘Saksham’ cycle Day, cyclothons, seminars for housewives on adopting simple fuel saving measures. This campaign aims to spread the message of fuel conservation and greener environment across India.
Answer: 8) D
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh dedicated to the nation the 51st K9 Vajra self-propelled Howitzer gun made by L&T at Hazira in Gujarat. The gun weighs 50 tonnes and can fire 47-kilogram bombs at targets up to a distance of 43 kilometres.
It can also turn around at zero radius. L&T’s Armoured Systems Complex (ASC) has a state of the art complex to manufacture and integrate advanced armoured platforms. L&T’s Armoured System Complex at Hazira in Surat had been dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January Last year.
Answer: 9) A
Eminent Sindhi poet and writer Vasdev Mohi will be conferred with 29th Saraswati Samman. He has been selected for this literary award for his short stories collection- Chequebook which talks about the agonies and sufferings of marginalized sections of the society. He was selected by a committee headed by former secretary general of the Lok Sabha, Subhash C Kashyap. Born in 1944 in Mirpur Khas of undivided India, Mohi done his Masters in English literature from Gujarat University, and latter joined Life insurance Corp of India, but after a short stint proceeded to teach English at the Indian High School, Dubai.
About Saraswati Samman
Answer: 10) B
GSAT-30: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch ‘GSAT-30’ from French Guiana on January 17, 2020. The launch of the communication satellite will be ISRO’s first satellite launch of the year 2020. India’s high power communication satellite GSAT-30 was successfully launched onboard Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said the GSAT-30 is aimed at providing high-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services. The 3,357-kg GSAT-30 derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series, and is equipped with 12 C and 12 Ku band transponders. GSAT-30 will serve as replacement to the aging INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage.
Answer: 11) A
The Chhattisgarh government on Wednesday petitioned the Supreme Court to declare the National Investigating Agency Act 2008 as unconstitutional, becoming the second state to challenge a central law this week. Raipur argues that the NIA Act violates the federal structure by stripping state police forces of their power to investigate cases handled by the central agency, despite criminal investigation and law and order being state subjects.
The yet-to-be-listed petition follows the Kerala government’s plea against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019. However, unlike the citizenship amendment, enacted on the Narendra Modi government’s watch, the NIA Act — being challenged by a Congress government — was legislated during UPA rule.
What is NIA Act?
Objections by Chhattisgarh:
The 2019 NIA Amendment Act:
Answer: 12) B
India announced the opening of the fifth oil and gas block bid round, offering 11 areas for bidding on revamped fiscal terms. So far, the government has awarded 94 blocks under the Hydrocarbon Exploration & Licensing Policy (HELP) regime in a short time span of two and a half years. These 94 blocks cover an exploratory area of about 1,36,800 square kilo meters over 16 Indian Sedimentary Basins.
What is Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP)?
What is HELP?
What was the need for the new Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP)?
What is NDR?
Answer: 13) C
Recently, the Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Authority has launched a mobile phone app – ‘Rojgaar Sangi’.
About Rojgaar Sangi application
About the National Informatics Centre
Answer: 14) D
No imports will be allowed without HSN code into the country said the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal in New Delhi today. He was speaking at the 6th National Standards Conclave on the subject of Standards for Trade Facilitation. Commerce & Industry Minister further said that henceforth there must be zero tolerance for substandard products and services from industry and consumers.
He further stated that Government will support industry in every way to establish standards for Indian goods and services to meet international requirements so that brand India is recognized in the world as a provider of quality products and services. Unless Indian business and industry make standards its calling card, India will not be able to reach the target of a USD 5 trillion economy.
What is the HS code?
Using HS code
HS code are used by Customs authorities, statistical agencies, and other government regulatory bodies, to monitor and control the import and export of commodities through:
Significance of HS Code
What is HSN Code?
Answer: 15) A
Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) celebrated its 5th Annual Day in New Delhi.
About Central Adoption Resource Authority
About Hague Convention
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.