1. India has successfully test-fired nuclear-capable K-4 ballistic missile off the Vizag coast in Andhra Pradesh that can be launched from a submarine. What is the strike range of the missile?
A. 3,500 km
B. 3,000 km
C. 2,500 km
D, 2,000 km
2. Who won the Indonesia Badminton Masters 2020 women’s singles title?
A. Carolina Marin
B. Ratchanok Intanon
C. PV Sidhu
D. Saina Nehwal
3. A Conference of the Chief Secretaries and Administrator States and Union Territories on Census 2021 held in which city of India?
C. New Delhi
4. Which country will deliver all five units of S-400 air defence missile systems by 2025?
5. Which state will celebrate ‘Chapchar Kut’, the biggest and most important festival of the state, on March 6, 2020?
B. Arunachal Pradesh
6. Which of the following companies has announced that it will become carbon negative by 2030 and by 2050 it will have removed all the carbon it has emitted since its establishment in 1975?
C. Apple Inc.
7. Sania Mirza won the WTA Hobart International doubles final 2020 partnering with:
A. Shaui Peng
B. Shuai Zhang
C. Nadiia Kichenok
D. Bethanie Mattek-Sands
8. Which state / UT chief minister launched party’s Guarantee Card in January 2020?
9. Where was the 9th International Children’s Film Festival held in January 2020?
10. Former MP Ashwini Kumar Chopra, who died recently, was the editor of which newspaper?
A. Dainik Bhaskar
B. Punjab Kesari
C. Dainik Jagran
11. Consider the following statements:
1. A new controversy on India’s fiscal deficit,
2. Some of the government’s expenditure was funded by the so-called “off-budget” items.
3. In India, the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act require the central government to reduce its fiscal deficit to 5 per cent of GDP.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Union health ministry has launched the campaign to check the disease that affects children at a young age .
2. India launched the Pulse Polio immunisation programme in 1995 after a resolution for a global initiative of polio eradication was adopted by the World Health Assembly (WHA) in 1998.
3. Rashtrapati Bhavan became the site of a polio vaccination drive, to mark the beginning of this year’s Pulse Polio Programme.
13. Consider the following statements related to Irrawaddy dolphins:
1. 146 Irrawaddy dolphins sighted in Odisha’s Chilika.
2. Irrawaddy Dolphin is not a true river dolphin, but an oceanic dolphin that lives in brackish water near coasts, river mouths and in estuaries in South and Southeast Asia.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to K-4 ballistic missile:
1. India successfully test-fires nuclear-capable K-4 ballistic missile off AP coast.
2. K-4 is one of the two underwater missiles that India is developing for its submarine force. While one has a strike range of 3500km, the other one will have a strike range of 700km.
3. The three-meter tall missile carries a nuclear warhead of over one tone. It has a circular error probability far lower than that of the Chinese ballistic missiles.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers launched the “APNA UREA – SonaUgle” brand of Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL).
2. Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited was established in 2015.
Answer: 1) A
India has successfully test-fired a 3,500 km range nuclear-capable K-4 ballistic missile off the Vizag coast in AP that can be launched from a submarine. It will be inducted on the INS Arihant class of nuclear submarines. The missile was developed by the DRDO. It is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead of over one tonne. Only the US, Russia and China have submarine-launched ballistic missiles of 3,500-kilometre range.
Answer: 2) B
Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon won the Indonesia Badminton Masters 2020 women’s singles title. She defeated Carolina Marin of Spain by 21-19, 11-21, 21-18 in the final. The clash went into three-games and despite losing the first game, the Spanish shuttler made a comeback in the second game and claimed the game by 21-11. Intanon won the match by claiming the third game by 21-18.
Answer: 3) C
A half day Conference of the State/UT Chief Secretaries and Administrator held in New Delhi,. The conference was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai.
In his inaugural address, Shri Rai laid emphasis on the need of conducting Census 2021 and the role of the States in doing the same. He also said that the data collected in the Census helps us in framing policies for the welfare of the people of the country. The Minister also inaugurated the Official “Mascot” for Census 2021.
The key note address was delivered by Union Home Secretary, Shri Ajay Kumar Bhalla. In his address, Shri Bhalla remarked on the vastness of this exercise and involvement of the state functionaries. At the outset, Dr. Vivek Joshi, Registrar General & Census Commissioner of India welcomed the Minister, Home Secretary, Chief Secretaries of the State and other State Nodal officers to the conference. He made a brief presentation on the Strategy for Census 2021.
Answer: 4) D
Manufactured by Almaz-Antey all five units of S-400 air defence missile systems will be delivered to India by 2025. For that its production has started in Russia. The S-400, an upgraded version of the S-300, had previously only been available to the Russian defence forces. In October 2018, India signed a USD 5 billion deal to buy the air defence missile systems.
Answer: 5) A
The Mizoram government and organizing committee under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Zoramthanga decided to celebrate Chapchar Kut, the biggest and most important festival of the Mizos, on March 6, 2020. While March 5 will be celebrated as pre-festival, which would be graced by Art and Culture Minister R Lalzirliana as “Kut Pa” or the “father of the festival”. Theme: “Promotion of Mizos’ culture and moral code”.
Answer: 6) B
Microsoft promised that by 2030 it will be carbon negative, and by 2050 it will have removed all the carbon it has emitted since 1975.To become negative, the company will have to not just reduce its carbon emissions and shift to renewable resources but actually offset its carbon footprint. It has also announced its investment of $1 bn in a “climate innovation fund” for technology for carbon capture and removal.
Answer: 7) C
Indian women tennis star, Sania Mirza and her Ukrainian partner Nadiia Kichenok have won the women’s doubles title of the WTA International trophy at Hobart in Australia. In the final on January 18, 2020, they beat Shaui Peng and Shuai Zhang of China 6-4,6-4.It is Sania’s 42nd WTA doubles title and first since Brisbane International trophy in 2007 with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
Answer: 8) D
Delhi Chief Minister and national convenor of Aam Aadmi Party Arvind Kejriwal launched party’s Guarantee Card ahead of upcoming assembly elections in Delhi.
What is Guarantee Card?
Answer: 9) A
The 9th edition of Kolkata International Children’s Film Festival has begun in Kolkata, West Bengal. The festival will showcase 255 films from 35 countries. National award-winning ‘Hamid’ was the inaugural film.
The National award winner child actor, Talha Arsad Rishi inaugurated the festival.
Which movies are special
Answer: 10) B
Senior journalist and former BJP MP Ashwini Chopra passed away at a private hospital in Gurgaon after a prolonged illness. He was 63.The media baron-turned journalist was elected as an MP from Karnal, Haryana, in 2014. He was the editor of Punjab Kesari, Delhi.
Answer: 11) A
In his blog, S C Garg, former Economic Affairs secretary, has claimed that the actual fiscal deficit for the last financial year and the current one is more than a full percentage point higher than the official data. In India, the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act require the central government to reduce its fiscal deficit to 3 per cent of GDP. India has been struggling to achieve this mark.
Reason for the Controversy
About fiscal deficit
What is the significance of fiscal deficit?
What is the acceptable level of the fiscal deficit?
Answer: 12) B
The Union health ministry has launched the campaign to check the disease that affects children at a young age. Rashtrapati Bhavan became the site of a polio vaccination drive, to mark the beginning of this year’s Pulse Polio Programme.
About the Polio
India’s Pulse Polio Programme
State and UT initiative
Answer: 13) C
146 endangered Irrawaddy dolphins sighted in Chilika Lake, which boasts of the highest single lagoon population of the aquatic mammal in the world.According to last year’s census, the Irrawaddy dolphin population in Chilika was 151.
About Irrawaddy Dolphin
About the Chilika Lake
Answer: 14) D
India has successfully test-fired a 3,500 kilometre range nuclear capable missile that can be launched from a submarine. The test of the K-4 ballistic missile was conducted off the Vizag coast in Andhra Pradesh . With this test, India has moved one more step towards the induction of this ballistic missile on the INS Arihant class of nuclear submarines. The missile was developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
K-4 ballistic missile
India joins six countries of the world
Answer: 15) A
The Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers launched the “APNA UREA – SonaUgle” brand of Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL).
About Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.