1. Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju flagged off the ‘Fit India Cyclothon’ from which city of India?
A. Panaji, Goa
B. Mumbai, Maharashtra
C. Bhubaneswar, Odisha
D. New Delhi, Delhi
2. Name the company that acquired the Uber Eats business in India in an all-stock deal.
C. Pizza Hut
3. Name the Integrated Check-Post (ICP) at India-Nepal border that was inaugurated by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepalese Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli on January 21st, 2020?
B. Nappalganj Road – Napalganj
D. Sukhia Pokhari-Pashupatinagar
4. Who among the following has been conferred with the 26th Annual Crystal Award for the year 2020 by the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
A. Rani Mukherjee
B. Madhuri Dixit
C. Alia Bhatt
D. Deepika Padukone
5. The team of the Indian Consulate has won the ‘Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship of 2020’ held in _______.
B. New York
6. Which state has been ranked the best for parameters on efficiency targets in the review of state and Central government water departments by the ministry of Jal Shakti?
7. What is the theme of the National Informatic Center Tech Conclave 2020 held in New Delhi?
A. Rethinking Global Consumption, Production and Investment
B. Science and Technology: Rural Development
C. Technologies for Next-Gen Governance.
D. Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World
8. What is the rank of India in WEF’s 1st Social Mobility Index?
9. Which of the following personalities has been honoured with Australia’s Highest Civilian Honour “The Order of Australia”?
A. Kiran M Shaw
B. Shahrukh Khan
C. Amitabh Bachchan
D. Azim Hashim Premji
10. Who will become the first woman to officiate as the third umpire in a men’s international?
A. Anjum Chopra
B. Jacqueline Williams
C. Mithali Raj
D. Sasikala Sirivardine
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Sikhs to be counted as separate ethnic group in US census for first time.
2. Describing this as a milestone, the United Sikhs said that this will be the first time the minority group will be counted and coded in the decennial US Census.
3. The US Census Bureau considers race and ethnicity as two distinct and separate concepts. It adheres to the 1987 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Centre for tougher law against sexual harassment at work.
2. The highest number of such cases were reported in the year 2017 in Delhi (28), Bangalore (20), Pune (12) and Mumbai (12).
3. In the year 2018, a total of 20,962 cases of sexual harassment were reported in public places, shelter homes and other places.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. A report titled Unilateral Decisions, Bilateral Losses was published by BRIEF.
2. At least 9,354 families, roughly 50,000 people, in Punjab and about 900 families in Kashmir have been directly impacted. Both countries have lost billions of dollars and hundreds of job days.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to National Informatics Centre:
1. NIC Sets-Up CoE For Blockchain In Karnataka To Enhance Citizen Services.
2. The applications of Blockchain in the Government are expected to enhance transparency, traceability and trust in e-governance systems.
3. The National Informatics Centre is an institute set up by the Indian government in 1976 to drive its technology and e-governance initiatives in the country.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Social Mobility Index: India ranks low at 76th place; Denmark tops.
2. The report, released ahead of the 49th Annual Meeting of the WEF, also lists India among the five countries that stand to gain the most from a better social mobility score.
Answer: 1) A
On January 21st, 2020, the Fit India Mission under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports organized the inaugural event of ‘Fit India Cyclothon’. The Cyclothon was flagged off by Union Minister Kiren Rijiju and Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant from the Campal Parade Ground in Panaji, Goa. The event witnessed participation by over 500 cyclists who cycle through a five-kilometer stretch within the Panaji city.
Answer: 2) B
Food delivery startup and restaurant aggregator “Zomato” has announced the acquisition of Uber Eats business in India in an all-stock deal. The deals provide Uber with a 9.99% ownership in Zomato after the acquisition. The deal is estimated to be pegged at $300-350 million. Uber Eats, having about 26,000 restaurant partners entered the food delivery business in 2017 in India.
Uber Eats business in India
Answer: 3) C
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli will on jointly inaugurate the second Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Jogbani-Biratnagar, built with Indian assistance to facilitate trade and people’s movement. The Prime Minister’s Office had said that the two Prime Ministers will jointly inaugurate the Integrated Check-Post (ICP) at Jogbani-Biratnagar border between the two countries.
Answer: 4) D
The26th Annual Crystal Award for the year 2020 by the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been awarded to Deepika Padukone. Deepika Padukone was honored for her contribution to the field of mental health. The award was organized ate World Economic Forum in Davos. The Crystal Awards recognizes as well as celebrates the achievements of leading artists and cultural figures whose leadership inspires inclusive and sustainable change.
World Economic Forum
Answer: 5) A
The team of the Indian Consulate in Dubai has won the Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship of 2020 by defeating the team of the Pakistan Consulate in Sharjah, UAE. The event was organized by Skyline University College in Sharjah to unite the officials and employees of different Consulates based in UAE. The Consulate team of India, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, South Africa, Pakistan, and the US participated.
Answer: 6) B
The Ministry of Jal Shakti released a report on efficiency targets in the review of state and Central government water departments. As per the report, Gujarat has topped in the list. Rajasthan is the third-best and Delhi is among the worst-performing states. Among the seven Central departs reviewed, the Survey of India has got the top billing followed by the National Institute of Hydrology and Central Water Commission.
Parameters of water efficiency ranking
Answer: 7) C
Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Law & Justice and Communications, Ravi Shankar Prasad will inaugurate the ‘NIC TechConclave 2020’ at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi. This second edition of the TechConclave will be organised by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Answer: 8) D
The World Economic Forum (WEF) released the 1st edition of its Social Mobility Index on January 20, 2020, ahead of its 50th Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland. The titled of the report is “The Global Social Mobility Report 2020: Equality, Opportunity and a New Economic Imperative”. India has been ranked very low at 76th place out of 82 countries while Denmark has topped the charts.
Key facts related to the report:
Ranking of other countries
Answer: 9) A
Australia conferred its highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia honour, on Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw for her contribution towards advancing the country’s relationship with India. An alumnus of Federation University Australia, Mazumdar-Shaw is the founder of Biocon, a biopharma company. Honorary appointments in the Order of Australia are made to foreigners who have made an outstanding contribution to Australia or humanity.
Answer: 10) B
Jacqueline Williams of the West Indies will become the first woman to officiate as the third umpire in a men’s international. She will be an umpire for the first of three T20Is against the visiting Ireland team. The 43-year-old Williams oversaw all 3 matches of the Twenty20 International (T20I) series in Grenada, West Indies between West Indies and Ireland.
Answer: 11) A
Sikhs in the US will be counted as a separate ethnic group in the 2020 census for the first time, as per an organisation of the minority community. Describing this as a milestone, the United Sikhs said that this will be the first time the minority group will be counted and coded in the decennial US Census.
How are race and ethnicity defined under the US Census?
What are the benefits of this move?
Status of Sikhs in Britain and New Zealand
Answer: 12) B
The Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by Home Minister Amit Shah, which was constituted to strengthen the legal framework to prevent sexual harassment at the workplace, has finalised its recommendations, a senior official said.
The recommendations, which include addition of new provisions to the Indian Penal Code, will be put up for comments from the public, the official said. The GoM was constituted first in October 2018 in the aftermath of the #MeToo movement after many women shared their ordeal on social media. It was reconstituted in July 2019 under Mr. Shah.
Definition of sexual harassment:
Statistics related to incidents of sexual abuse at the workplace:
According to the National Crime Records Bureau- NCRB, the year 2017 under section 509 (injuring a woman’s modesty or honor by a word, gesture or act) in the ‘workplace or office premises’ In 2018, 479 and 401 cases were registered respectively.
The highest number of such cases were reported in the year 2018 in Delhi (28), Bangalore (20), Pune (12) and Mumbai (12).
In the year 2018, a total of 20,962 cases of sexual harassment were reported in public places, shelter homes and other places.
In December 2018, the Ministry of Home Affairs had informed all the states to constitute an Internal Complaints Committee under the ‘Sexual Harassment of Women (Prevention, Prohibition and Diagnosis) Act, 2013’ and to notify the police departments in its context.
Need for stricter provisions:
Key provisions of the act:
Answer: 13) C
The Bureau of Research on Industry and Economic Fundamentals (BRIEF) has released a report highlighting the impact of trade shutdown between India and Pakistan on people across borders.The report is called “Unilateral Decisions, Bilateral Losses”.
Following the Pulwama attacks, trade between India and Pakistan across the Wagah-Attari border and the Line of Control (LoC) Salamabad-Chakhan da Bagh routes was closed in 2019. MFN (most favoured nation) status to Pakistan was also cancelled.
Impacts of these decisions:
What is Most Favoured Nation status?
Answer: 14) D
National Informatics Centre (NIC) has recently set up the Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Blockchain Technology in Bengaluru, which aims to provide Blockchain as a service and allowing all stakeholders to benefit from shared learning, experiences and resources. The CoE was inaugurated by Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology. NIC has also successfully set-up CoE in Data Analytics in partnership with NICSI and CoE in Artificial Intelligence some time back.
About Blockchain technology
About the National Informatics Centre
Answer: 15) A
India has been ranked very low at 76th place out of 82 countries on a new Social Mobility Index compiled by the World Economic Forum. Denmark has topped the charts. The report, released ahead of the 50th Annual Meeting of the WEF, also lists India among the five countries that stand to gain the most from a better social mobility score. The top five are all Scandinavian, while the five economies with the most to gain from boosting social mobility are China, the United States, India, Japan and Germany.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.