1. The Indian Air Force has inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft carrying the BrahMos missiles at:
2. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, on January 20, 2020, interacted with students as part of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020 at:
A. Arun Jaitley Stadium, Kotla
B. Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi
C. Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi
D. Major Dhyanchand National Stadium, Delhi
3. Who is leading the Indian delegation to the 50th World Economic Forum Conference?
A. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
B. Petroleum Minister Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan
C. Minister of Commerce and Industry, Mr. Piyush Goyal
D. Foreign Minister S.K. Jaishankar
4. National Informatics Centre (NIC) has set up the Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Blockchain Technology in :
C. New Delhi
5. Recently the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda launched the “APNA UREA – Sona Ugle” brand of:
A. Hindustan Fertilizer & Chemicals Limited
B. Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited
C. Coromandel International Limited
D. National Fertilizers Limited
6. Who has been elected elected as President of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI) ?
A. B.V.P. Rao
B. Arjun Munda
C. BijJayant Panda
D. Babu Lal Marandi
7. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library?
A. Rajat Sharma
B. Swapan Dasgupta
C. Nripendra Mishra
D. Prasoon Joshi
8. Who was Bapu Nadkarni, who died recently?
B. Hockey player
C. Famous Gandhian
9. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India has approved up to 100% FDI limit in which telecom company?
A. Bharti Airtel
B. Idea Cellular
10. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has canceled the Certificate of Authorisation of which Payment System Operator after it had voluntarily surrendered the authorization?
A. Muthoot Vehicle & Asset Finance Limited
B. Vodafone M-Pesa Limited
C. Tech Mahindra Limited
D. Pemet India Limited
11. Consider the following statements related to IMF:
1. IMF lowers India’s growth forecast to 4.8%.
2. This marks a lowering of its own estimate of 5.1% made in October 2019.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Madhya Pradesh Assembly passes bill to establish three capitals.
2. The YS Jagan Mohan Reddy government introduced a three-capital proposal to the Assembly which was approved. Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh and Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir also have two capital.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Hyderabad, Bengaluru top two most dynamic cities globally in list of 130.
2. Kolkata secured 16th rank while Mumbai stood at the 20th position in the list.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Delhi Police Commissioner Gets Detention Power Under National Security Act For 3 Months.
2. The National Security Act was promulgated on September 23, 1980 during the days of Indira Gandhi Government to provide preventive detention of a person if authorities are convinced that he or she hampers the law and order of the state or country.
3. For the purpose of this law, the Central Government and the State Government can form one or more advisory committees as per the requirement.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
15. Consider the following statements.
1. PM Modi, Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli to inaugurate ICP Biratnagar.
2. ICP Biratnagar has been built on 270 acres of land at a cost of around 140 crore rupees.
Answer: 1) A
The Indian Air Force has inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft carrying the BrahMos missiles in the South at its Thanjavur base in Tamil Nadu. The No 222 Squadron, called the “Tigersharks” were inducted on January 20, 2020 at Air Force Station Thanjavur. The Squadron will be operating closely with the Indian Army and Navy to get the ball rolling in jointness of the Indian Armed Forces. Thanjavur has also been chosen as the base for induction of the SU 30 MKI squadron because of its strategic location.
Answer: 2) B
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with school students in his ‘Pariksha Pe Charcha-2020 programme. The third edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha was organised at Talkatora Indoor Stadium in Delhi. Over 2,000 students, parents and teachers participated from all over the country.Mr Modi answers questions and interacts with students on how they can beat examination stress.
Answer: 3) C
The 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum, a congregation of rich and powerful from across the world, opens in Davos, Switzerland. Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation to the WEF. Besides, over 100 CEOs, political leaders including Union Ministers and Chief Ministers will take part in the 50th edition of the annual event. The welcome message was followed by the annual crystal awards and this year’s recipients included celebrity film star Deepika Padukone.
Answer: 4) D
National Informatics Centre (NIC) has recently set up the Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Blockchain Technology in Bengaluru, which aims to provide Blockchain as a service and allowing all stakeholders to benefit from shared learning, experiences and resources. The CoE was inaugurated by Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology. NIC has also successfully set-up CoE in Data Analytics in partnership with NICSI and CoE in Artificial Intelligence some time back.
About Blockchain technology
Answer: 5) A
Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister DV Sadananda Gowda launched the APNA UREA – Sona Ugle brand of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Limited (HURL) in New Delhi. HURL is a Joint Venture Company of Coal India Limited, NTPC Limited & Indian Oil Corporation Limited. HURL is in the process of reviving three sick urea units located at Gorakhpur, Barauni, and Sindri which are expected to be commissioned in February 2021
Hindustan Fertilizer & Chemicals Ltd.
The following are the goals of HURL:
Current urea production
Answer: 6) B
Union minister Arjun Munda was elected as president of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI). A three-time Jharkhand chief minister, he is also the president of Jharkhand Archery Association . He defeated Assam Archery Association president BVP Rao. The elections were held as per the Delhi High Court order. The election was held in the presence of a World Archery observer Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed Chapol.
Answer: 7) C
Former principal secretary to PM, Nripendra Misra has been appointed as chairman of the executive council of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML). Mishra who resigned from the PS to the PM post last year is a UP cadre IAS officer, closely associated with the think tank Vivekananda International Foundation. Dr. A Surya Prakash, chairman of the Prasar Bharati will be the vice-chairman of the council.
Answer: 8) D
Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni, best known for bowling a record 21 successive maiden overs in a Test match, passed away.
What was that record
Bapu Nadkarni’s cricket career
Answer: 9) A
The Department of Telecom (DoT) has approved raising of foreign direct investment in Bharti Airtel to 100% from 49% (earlier). The company also has the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that allowed foreign investors to hold up to 74% stake in the company. Foreign direct investment (FDI) is an investment in the form of a controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity based in another country.
Answer: 10) B
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of Vodafone m-pesa on account of voluntary surrender of authorisation. Now, the company cannot transact the business of issuance and operation of prepaid payment instruments. Last year, Vodafone Idea had decided to close m-pesa vertical following the closure of Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd (ABIPBL), with which it was being merged.
Answer: 11) A
According to the International Monetary Fund, global growth is projected to rise from an estimated 2.9% in 2019 to 3.3% in 2020 and 3.4% for 2021.
Projections for India
Projections for global growth:
Answer: 12) B
The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly late night passed the AP Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of All Regions Bill, 2020 that intended to give shape to state government’s plan of having three capitals–executive capital in Visakhapatnam, legislative in Amaravati and judicial in Kurnool.
Why does Andhra Pradesh government want three capitals?
Andhra Pradesh compromises with the capital every time
Answer: 13) C
Hyderabad has emerged as the world’s most dynamic city, performing better on parameters like socio-economic and commercial real estate, according to global property consultant JLL India. Seven Indian cities feature in the top 20 in this year’s ranking, despite economic slowdown, it added.
Top-20 dynamic cities in the world
Answer: 14) D
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has granted power of detaining authority to the Delhi Police Commissioner under the National Security Act, according to a notification.The National Security Act, NSA allows for the preventive detention of an individual or individuals who are seen as threat to the national security or harm law and order. The person detained under the act is not charged by the Police.
What is National Security Act?
Constitution of advisory committee
Answer: 15) A
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart K P Sharma Oli inaugurated Integrated Check Post (ICP) Biratnagar. ICP Biratnagar has been built on 260 acres of land at a cost of around 140 crore rupees. It has the facilities for immigration clearance of foreign passengers, export and import cargo handling.
It is designed to handle around 500 trucks per day. India and Nepal share over 1,850 kilometre- long border which is characterized by a unique and long tradition of free movement of people. Jogbani-Biratnagar international trade point is one of the important trade points between the two countries. Biratnagar is also the third-largest Revenue Collecting Customs Office of Nepal. Presently, over 65 percent of Nepal’s trade is with India and also over 65 percent of Nepal’s exports are to India.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.