1. Which of the following states topped in the Khelo India Youth Games (3rd- edition) in Guwahati?
2. Which financial company has acquired the Essel Finance’s micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) loan business in India?
A. Tata capital
B. Adani Capital
C. Bajaj final
D. Mahindra and Mahindra Capital
3. Which state government has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana’?
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
4. In which of the following African countries India opens its first Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre?
A. South Africa
5. Who will chair the Committee formed by the Supreme Court to firm up draft legislation to give legal sanctity to disputes settled through mediation?
A. Niranjan Bhat
B. AS Chandok
C. PS Narasimha
D. Shriram Panchu
6. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on January 22, 2020 unveiled its first ‘woman’ astronaut. What is the name of this humanoid astronaut?
A. Disha Anant
B. Vyom Mitra
C. Gagan Aditi
D. Divya Jyoti
7. Where did India’s first global mega science exhibition ‘Vigyan Sangam’ started in January 2020?
8. What is India’s ranking in the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Democracy Index 2019?
9. According to ‘ Airpocalypse-IV-an annual report released by Greenpeace India, which is the most polluted city in India?
10. Which country has elected Katerina Sakellaropoulou as its first woman President?
11. Consider the following statements related to Democracy Index 2019:
1. The Economist Intelligence Unit has recently released the Democracy Index.
2. It is prepared by Economist Intelligence Unit, the research and analysis division of The Economist Group.
3. It provides a snapshot of the state of democracy worldwide in 155 independent states and two territories.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Exercise Topchi:
1. Indian army showcased firepower demonstrations at Exercise Topchi.
2. Exercise Topchi means a Runner in English is an annual exercise by the School of Artillery, Deolali.
3. The exercise aims to showcase the Indian Army’s artillery firepower, aviation and surveillance capabilities.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Govt sets up National Startup Advisory Council.
2. It will be chaired by the commerce minister.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Green Peace India Report:
1. Green Peace India Report: Jharia of Jharkhand is the most polluted city in the country, Lunglei of Mizoram is the lowest.
2. Jharia and Dhanbad both are in Jharkhand were ranked as the first and second polluted city in the country in 2018.
3. These cities are known for their underground coal fires.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. 32nd Edition of PRAGATI chaired by Prime Minister.
2. In PRAGATI meeting, PM discussed a total of 11 items, out of which Seven are delayed projects.
Answer: 1) A
In the third edition of Khelo India Youth Games medal tally, Maharashtra topped with 234 medals including 74 gold medals. Haryana is on the second spot with 57 golds while Delhi is on third spot with 35 gold medals. The 3rd Khelo India Youth Games is being held from 10 January 2020 and 22 January 2020 in Guwahati, Assam, India.
Khelo India Youth Games
Answer: 2) B
Business tycoon Gautam Adani-controlled Adani Group’s Non-Banking Financial (NBFC) arm has acquired Essel Finance’s Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) loan business. According to a statement, Adani Capital Pvt. Ltd secured a loan book of about Rs 145 crore with this acquisition. It didn’t give any other financial details. Essel Finance’s MSME vertical has about 1,100 customers and 40 employees in 10 cities. Adani Capital is a 100% subsidiary of Adani Finserve Pvt. Ltd, the holding company of Adani Group’s financial services business.
Answer: 3) C
Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana. This scheme will provide financial assistance to the family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields. The scheme will also include the Bataidars, who work in the field of other persons and share the crop after it is harvested. The scheme will cover farmers and their family members in the age group of 18-70 years. The assistance program for the first time will also cover Bataidars, the people who work in the fields of other owners and receive the crops after harvesting. To boost the tourism sector of the state, the state government has also decided to implement Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana, under which Rs 50 Lakh will be allotted to all the assembly segments in the state for developing one tourist spot in the particular assembly area.
Answer: 4) D
External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar visited Niamey, Republic of Niger. During the visit, S Jaishankar and the President of Niger, Mahamadou Issoufou jointly inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Centre (MGICC). MGICC is the first centre to be established in Africa by India to honour the memory of Mahatma Gandhi whose 150th birth anniversary was observed in 2019.
The establishment of the Centre is a landmark for India-Niger friendship, as also a symbol of India’s firm commitment towards Africa. The Convention Centre, has been designed as a spacious, modern and eco-friendly facility, including a 2000 capacity Plenary Hall, to witness high-level and wide-ranging participation from AU Member States and other high level Conventions. The construction of MGICC was completed in record time by M/s Shapoorji Pallonji Private Limited. M/s NBCC, a Govt of India undertaking, were the project management consultant for the project.
Answer: 5) A
The Supreme Court set up a panel headed by mediator Niranjan Bhat to firm up draft legislation to give legal sanctity to disputes settled through mediation. Which would then be sent to the government as a suggestion from the apex court. The Committee met in Hyderabad. The other members includes Justice K Kanan, AS Chandok, PS Narsimha, Sriram Panchu, JP Singh, Susheela S, Sadhna Ramchandran, Laila Ollapally, and Anil Xavier.
Answer: 6) B
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) unveiled its first ‘woman’ astronaut Vyom Mitra to an international gathering in Begaluru. The humanoid will simulate the human functions required for space before real astronauts take off before August 2022. ISRO will send the human-resembling model in a space capsule Gaganyaan by 2020-end or early 2021 to study how she — and later real astronauts — respond to living outside earth in controlled zero-gravity conditions.
It is the half-humanoid which means it has no legs. Two trial flights without crew will take place with a humanoid — the first around December 2020 and the second around July 2021. The Union Cabinet also approved a budget of Rs 10,000 crore for Mission Gaganyaan. In this mission, three astronauts will be sent to space for 5-7 days. India will become the fourth country to do such a feat.
Answer: 7) C
The Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that three-tier teams should be set up for scientific research involving older and younger generations, so that continuity can be maintained in research work. He said that exhibitions should be organised with focus on educating the young students, so that they can choose science as a career in future. He was addressing at the inauguration of India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” at National Science Centre, here. Dr Jitendra Singh congratulated the organisers for organising this exhibition, which is first of its kind initiative. He informed that this is fourth such exhibition after bring organised at Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
Answer: 8) D
The latest edition of the Democracy Index spells gloom for India. The world’s biggest democracy slipped 10 places in the 2019 global ranking to 51st place. The survey published attributes the primary cause of “the democratic regression” to “an erosion of civil liberties in the country”. India’s overall score fell from 7.23 to 6.9, on a scale of 0-10, within a year (2018-2019) — the country’s lowest since 2006.
The average global score also recorded its worst value ever, down from 5.48 in 2018 to 5.44, driven by a sharp regression in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa, a lesser one in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, and by stagnation in the remaining regions that were covered. The report published by The Economist Intelligence Unit — the research and analysis division of The Economist Group, which is the sister company to The Economist newspaper — records how global democracy fared, analysing 165 independent states and two territories.
Answer: 9) A
Jharia, known worldwide for its underground coal fires, continued to be the most polluted city in the country, according to Airpocalypse-IV, an annual report released by Greenpeace India. The report, based on analysis of particulate matter data across 287 cities, said Delhi was 10th most polluted city in 2018, an improvement by two ranks as compared to 2017. Lunglei in Mizoram was the least polluted city in India, followed by Meghalaya’s Dowki, according to the report. Six of the top-10 polluted cities are in Uttar Pradesh: Noida, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Allahabad, Moradabad and Firozabad.
Answer: 10) B
Greece has elected Katerini Sakellaropoulou as the first woman president in the country’s history. The 63-year-old was elected to the top post in a historic parliamentary vote, which saw 261 of the total 294 MPs vote in favour of her.
Answer: 11) A
The Economist Intelligence Unit has recently released the Democracy Index.
About the Democracy Index
Highlights of the Index
In this index, 165 countries and 2 regions of the world have been ranked on the basis of four types of standards based on their governance –
India’s position in the index:
Reason for decline in India’s ranking:
Answer: 12) B
Indian Army recently showcased its artillery firepower capability at Exercise Topchi at Deolali Camp near Nashik.
About Exercise Topchi
About School of Artillery
About Deolali Camp
Answer: 13) C
The government has set up a National Startup Advisory Council to advise the Centre on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and start-ups in the country.
Composition of the Council
Mandates of the Advisory Council
a. to assimilate innovation
b. promote creation
c. protection and commercialisation of intellectual property rights
d. make it easier to start, operate, grow and exit businesses by reducing regulatory compliances and costs.
Answer: 14) D
Greenpeace India has released an annual report on the most polluted cities in India. The Greenpeace report is based on analysis of particulate matter data across 287 cities. It has used the Central Pollution Control Board data to rank the most polluted cities in India.
Highlights of the Report
About Greenpeace India
Answer: 15) A
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the first PRAGATI meeting of the year 2020. It marked Prime Minister’s thirty-second interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
11 items discussed
In PRAGATI meeting, PM discussed a total of 11 items, out of which nine are delayed projects. These nine projects, worth over Rs. 24,000 crores, are spread over nine states viz. Odisha, Telangana, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Bihar, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttar Pradesh and three Union ministries. These include three from the Ministry of Railways, five from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and one from the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
PMJJBY and PMSBY schemes reviewed
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.