1. Which one of the followings has been designated as the headquarters of the merged Union Territories of Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli ?
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on January 22, 2020 approved shutting down the operations of the plant/unit of Hindustan Fluorocarbons Limited(HFL) and closure of the company. The only plant//unit of this company is located in Rudrarm in which state?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
3. Katerina Sakellaropoulou has been elected as which country’s first female president ?
4. India has successfully achieved the complete phase out of which ozone depleting chemical from January 1, 2020?
B. Methyl bromide
C. Carbon tetrachloride
5. Which public sector company has launched the ‘SERVICE’ scheme to promote Voluntary Philanthropist Activities (VPA) by its employees?
A. Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
B. State Bank of India (SBI)
C. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
D. Powergrid Corporation Limited
6. Which city police has announced the return of the force’s Mounted Unit after a gap of 88 years?
A. Delhi Police
B. Mumbai Police
C. Chennai Police
D. Kolkata Police
7. To which country, India handed over 30,000 doses of measles and rubella (MR) vaccines to tackle a recent outbreak of measles?
A. Sri Lanka
8. What is India’ rank in Corruption Perceptions Index 2019?
9. What was the theme of National Voters Day 2020?
A. Electoral literacy for stronger democracy
B. Inclusive and qualitative participation
C. No voter to be left behind
D. Our vote, our future
10. When will 44th International Kolkata Book Fair start?
A. 28 January
B. 29 January
C. 30 January
D. 31 January
11. Consider the following statements related to Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b:
1. India successfully phased out most potent ozone-depleting chemical.
2. The government prohibited HCFC-141b from 1st January 2020 under Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation and Control) Amendment Rules, 2019 issued under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1996.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to Brexit bill:
1. Queen Elizabeth II approves Brexit bill.
2. The House of Commons, the lower house of the British Parliament, had on 6 January 2020 got its seal on the Bregit Bill related to the exit from the EU.
3. Brexit means Britain’s exit from the European Union.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to Interpol:
1. Interpol issues Blue Corner notice to trace fugitive self-styled godman Nithyananda.
2. According to the Interpol website, “Notices are international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information.
14. Consider the following statements related to ‘Vyommitra’:
1. ISRO to send female robot ‘Vyommitra’ to space.
2. Vyommitra is a half-humanoid who can mimic human actions and her body stops at the torso and has no legs.
3. She has been developed by the ISRO Inertial Systems Unit, Thiruvananthapuram.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Commission constitution to examine the issue of sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
2. The Commission was constituted under article 340 of the Constitution with the approval of President on 2nd October 2016.
Answer: 1) A
The Cabinet has approved the designation of Daman as the headquarters of the merged Union Territories of Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The Dadra and Nagar Haveli Value Added Tax Regulation, 2005 is to be amended as Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Value Added Tax (Amendments) Regulation, 2020.
These amendments will lead to ‘Minimum Government, Maximum Governance’ by way of having common taxation authorities:
Better delivery of services to the citizens by reducing duplication of work and improving administrative efficiency
It will also help in bringing more uniformity in Laws relating to GST, VAT and State Excise.
Answer: 2) B
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved shutting down the operations of the plant and unit of Hindustan Fluorocarbons Limited (HFL) and closure of the company.HFL is a Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals.HFL has only one plant located at Rudraram, District Sangareddy in Telangana. The decision only means an official closure of the public sector unit.
Answer: 3) C
Katerina Sakellaropoulou (63-years) has been elected Greece’s first female president by parliament. She also managed to secure the backing of the main opposition party Syriza & the centre-left Movement for Change. She has received the support of 261 MPs in the 300-seat Parliament. Katerina will succeed President Prokopis Pavlopoulos, term expires in March. In 2018, she becomes the first woman to serve as president of the Council of State.
Answer: 4) D
India has successfully achieved the complete phase-out of Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b. The government prohibited HCFC-141b from 1st January 2020 under Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation and Control) Amendment Rules, 2019 issued under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.The use of HCFC-141 b by foam manufacturing industry has also been closed as on 1st January 2020 under the Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation and Control) Amendment Rules, 2014.
About the Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b
Answer: 5) A
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launches SAIL SERVICE scheme. Steel Minister has launched a voluntary SAIL Employees Rendering Volunteerism & Initiatives for Community Engagement (SERVICE) scheme for the SAIL employees.
About the Scheme
Answer: 6) B
Mumbai will get a mounted police unit for traffic and crowd control post a gap of 88 years, and the horses will be deployed on duty after taking part in the Republic Day parade at Shivaji Park this year. In the next six months, the unit will comprise 30 horses apart from a sub-inspector, one assistant PSI, four havaldars and 32 constables. The mounted police unit, which would patrol the streets of the bustling metropolis, was disbanded in 1932 due to growing vehicular traffic. The most special thing about the unit will be the dress of the mounted police. The dress is designed by well-known fashion designer Manish Malhotra.
Answer: 7) C
India supplied 30,000 doses of Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccine to the Maldives responding swiftly to an emergency request to contain the measles outbreak in the Maldives. The vaccine supply was quickly procured and delivered to Maldives Health Ministry within 72 hours of the request. Both India and Maldives are members of the World Health Organization- WHO’s Regional Committee for Southeast Asia. This is an important step towards strengthening India-Maldives relations. The two countries signed an Memorandum of Undestanding- MoU on Health Cooperation in June 2019. In 2015, India responded to the water crisis in Malé and airlifted water immediately and also sent supplies by ship, including an RO plant.
Answer: 8) D
India’s ranking in the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI-2019) has slipped from 78 to 80 compared to the previous year, said Transparency International .The CPI, released at the WEF 2020 here, ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption, according to experts and business people. Denmark and New Zealand have cornered the top spot, followed by Finland, Singapore, Sweden and Switzerland in the top ten.
Answer: 9) A
The Government of India observes 25 January every year as “National Voters’ Day”. It started on January 25, 2011 to mark the Election Commission’s foundation day. The theme for National Voters Day this year is ‘Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy’. The purpose of this day is to make people aware of their voting rights and to attract more people, mostly the newly eligible younger generation, to vote and contribute to the electoral political process.
Election Commission of India
Answer: 10) B
The 44th International Kolkata Book Fair (IKBF) is all set to start from January 29 at the Central Park Mela Complex in Salt Lake, Kolkata. This year, Russia will be the theme country of the fair. ‘CESC Sahitya Samman’ will be conferred on Nrisingha Prasad Bhaduri from the inaugural dais of IKBF. It will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of the state, Mamta Banerjee. Russia has been kept as the focal theme of the fair. About 2.4 million people attended the fair held in Central Park last year. A total of 22 crore books were sold in it. The fair has been organized here for the third year as well. The Russian pavilion will be decorated in a special way. In this, glimpses of contemporary literature, culture, film and music of Russia will be the special attraction of the fair. The most special thing about the fair is that there will be a literary transaction in Russian and Bangla. Under this, a translation of five of the best books of Russia into Bangla and compilation of translation of five best books in Bengali will be made available in the fair.
Answer: 11) A
India has successfully achieved the complete phase-out of Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC)-141 b.
About Ozone-depleting substances
Ozone-depleting substances include:
Answer: 12) B
Queen Elizabeth II gave her formal assent for Britain to end its decades-long involvement in the European Union and seek a more independent but uncertain future at the end of the month. After which the process of Britain’s separation from the European Union has started. The House of Commons, the lower house of the British Parliament, had on 9 January 2020 got its seal on the Bregit Bill related to the exit from the EU. Now the upper house of Parliament The bill has also been approved by the Lords. Britain will become the first country to secede from the European Union (EU). There were 330 votes in favor of the Brexit Agreement and 231 votes in opposition.
What is Brexit?
European Union (EU)
Britain is the first country to do so
Answer: 13) C
Interpol has issued a Blue Corner notice to help locate fugitive self-styled godman Nithyananda; weeks after the Gujarat Police sought the agency’s intervention for this.
About the Interpol notices
Different types of Notices
1. Red Notice: To seek the location and arrest of wanted persons with a view to extradition or similar lawful action.
2. Blue Notice: To collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.
3. Green Notice: To provide warnings and intelligence about persons who have committed criminal offences and are likely to repeat these crimes in other countries.
4. Interpol-Un Security Council Special Notice: Issued for groups and individuals who are the targets of CIN Security Council sanctions committees.
5. Yellow Notice: To locate missing persons, often minors, or to help identify persons who are unable to identify themselves.
6. Black Notice: To seek information on unidentified bodies.
7. Orange Notice: To warn of an event, a person, an object or a process representing a serious and imminent threat to public safety.
8. Purple Notice: To seek or provide information on modus operandi, objects, devices and concealment methods used by criminals.
9. About Interpol (International Police)
Answer: 14) D
The Indian Space Research Organisation has unveiled a human-robot, named Vyommitra, which will be sent to space as part of the Gaganyaan mission.
Role of Vyommitra in Gaganyaan mission
Other Robots in Space
About Gaganyaan Mission
Answer: 15) A
The Union Cabinet has approved the extension of the term of the Commission to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes, by six months that is up to 31.7.2020.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.