1. On the occasion of National Girl Child Day, the Ministry of Women and Child Development has announced to set up how many Chairs in different fields with an aim to carry out research activities to encourage women ?
2. The National Voters Day held on January 25, 2020, was
3. Which state held a two-day ‘Innovation Festival’ in January 2020?
C. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Who is not included among the people conferred with the Padma Vibhushan in 2020?
A. Smt. M. C. Mary Kom
B. Shri Chhannulal Mishra
C. Shri George Fernandes
D. Shri Balakrishna Doshi
5. At which place was the Bharat Parv 2020 organized?
A. Red Fort, Delhi
B. Mughal Garden, Delhi
C. India Gate, Delhi
D. Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi
6. Who was the chief guest of the Republic Day 2020 parade?
A. President of Argentina
B. President of Brazil
C. Prime Minister of Portugal
D. President of Sri Lanka
7. How many agreements were signed between India and Brazil during Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro’s visit to India in January 2020?
8. For restoring which one of followings in the Gulf of Kutch , the Zoological Survey of India is attempting to use the ‘Biorock structure’ ?
A. Shola grassland
B. Dinosaur Park
C. Bt Cotton
D. Coral reef
9. Who assumes FEMBoSA for 2020?
A. Sunil Arora
B. Anil Arora
C. Ramesh Arora
D. None of these
10. Kobe Bryant passed away recently, he was a ______.
B. Basketball Player
C. American Songwriter
11. Consider the following statements related to ‘GATI’:
1. Gadkari gives ‘GATI’ to monitor Rs 3 lakh crore road projects.
2. The Portal has been created by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on the lines of PRAGATI.
3. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, set up in 1987.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Cabinet Not approves Model MoU for recognition of Certificates of Competency of seafarers.
2. The unilateral MoU would facilitate unilateral recognition by another country of the certificates issued by the Directorate General of Shipping to Indian seafarers, without seeking similar recognition by India of the certificates issued by that country.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
13. Consider the following statements related to Other Backward Classes:
1. Commission constitution to examine the issue of sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
2. The Commission is likely to make recommendations for benefit of such marginalized communities in the Central List of OBCs.
14. Consider the following statements related to new snake eel species:
1. ZSI documents another new snake eel species in Odisha.
2. The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), founded in 1916 by Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
3. Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC) at Gopalpur on-sea Odisha is one of the 16 regional centres of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI).
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Country’s first e-waste clinic opened in Bhopal.
2. According to the UNEP, the world produces as much as 40 million tonnes of electronic and electrical waste (e-waste) a year, weighing more than all of the commercial airliners ever made.
Answer: 1) A
On the occasion of National Girl Child Day the Ministry of Women and Child Development is going to set up 10 Chairs in different fields with an aim to carry out research activities to encourage women. The initiative called Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women administrators, artists, scientists and social reformers is being launched with the assistance of University Grants Commission (UGC).The main objective is to inspire women to pursue higher education and to achieve excellence in their area of work. This initiative of highlighting and celebrating women achievers of the country will motivate young girls and women towards higher studies.
Answer: 2) B
The 10th National Voters’ Day will be organized by Election Commission of India on 25th January 2020 at Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt. President Sh. Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the function.
About National Voters Day
Answer: 3) C
The festival is being organized by the Arunachal Pradesh State Council for Science & Technology in collaboration with the National Innovation Foundation. More than 50 innovations are put on display by students from various educational institutions, grassroots innovators, artisans and entrepreneurs from Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and other states. The Innovation Festival, a first of its kind in the state, aimed to foster the culture of innovation among all people of the state, especially in all the educational institutions.
Answer: 4) D
This year (2020) the President has approved conferment of 141 Padma Awards including 4 duo cases (in a duo case, the Award is counted as one). The list comprises of 7 Padma Vibhushan, 16 Padma Bhushan and 118 Padma Shri Awards. 33 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 18 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 12 Posthumous awardees.
Padma Vibhushan (7)
Answer: 5) A
Bharat Parv 2020, the programme to celebrate the spirit of India, begins at Red fort ground in New Delhi and will be on till 31st January. The objective of Bharat Parv is to encourage people to visit different tourism places of the country and to inculcate the spirit of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’. The Tourism Ministry has said that the theme of this year’s Bharat Parv is Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat and Celebrating 150 Years of Mahatma Gandhi. Bharat Parv has many attractions for the public including display of Tableaux of the Republic Day parade, performance by armed forces bands.
Answer: 6) B
Brazilian President Jair Messias Bolsonaro joined a select group of world leaders to have graced India’s Republic Day celebrations in the past few decades. The main function was organized at Rajpath in the National Capital. President Ram Nath Kovind unfurled the tricolour and took the salute of the parade. The parade started from Vijay Chowk and proceeded towards the Red Fort grounds. It was commanded by Parade Commander, Lieutenant General Asit Mistry, General Officer Commanding, Headquarters Delhi Area. For the first time, a contingent of women bikers of CRPF performed daredevil stunts.
Sixteen States and Union Territories and six Central Ministries participated in the Parade. Jammu and Kashmir participated in the parade for the first time as a Union Territory. The Tableau of Gujarat was on the theme Rani ki Vav – Jal Mandir which is a unique piece of ancient Indian architectural style, construction work and craftsmanship. Meghalaya’s Tableau depicted the Double Decker Living Root Bridge which is a main tourist attraction of the state. Telangana’s tableau brought to life its floral festival called Bathukamma. The Air Force tableau displayed models of the Rafale aircraft, Tejas aircraft, Light Combat Helicopter, Akash Missiles System and Astra Missiles. The major attraction was fly-past by the newly inducted Chinook and Apache helicopters along with Sukhoi and advanced light helicopters. Anti-satellite weapons – Mission Shakti, Army’s battle tank Bhishma were also showcased during the 90-minute long parade.
Answer: 7) C
India and Brazil on Saturday inked 15 agreements to boost cooperation to revive the bilateral strategic partnership between the two countries.Alongside, the fifth session of India-Brazil Trade monitoring mechanism was also held. President Bolsonaro was accompanied by a huge business delegation. They will hold several meetings with their Indian counterparts during the India-Brazil Business Forum that is to be held in 27, January, 2020.
Answer: 8) D
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), with help from Gujarat’s forest department, is attempting for the first time a process to restore coral reefs using biorock or mineral accretion technology in the Gulf of Kachchh. A biorock structure was installed one nautical mile off the Mithapur coast in the Gulf of Kutch on January. In 2015, the ZSI scientists with the support of the Gujarat Forest Department had successfully restored branching coral species (staghorn corals) belonging to the family Acroporidae (Acropora formosa, Acropora humilis, Montipora digitata) that had gone extinct about 10,000 years ago to the Gulf of Kutch.
Answer: 9) A
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora has assumed Chairmanship of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2020. CEC of Bangladesh SA KM Nurul Huda (Outgoing Chair of FEMBo) handed over the Logo of FEMBoSA to Mr Arora at the 10th Annual Meeting in New Delhi. FEMBoSA was established at the 3rd Conference of Heads of Election Management Bodies of SAARC Countries held at New Delhi in May 2012.
Answer: 10) B
The NBA (National Basketball Association) star Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash. He retired from the game in 2016. He has won two gold medals in Olympics, one in 2008 and the other in 2012. The star had won 5 championships so far.
NBA in India
Answer: 11) A
Giving more teeth to the digital monitoring the union ministry of road transport and highways has launched an online portal ‘GATI’. The new portal created by NHAI on the lines of PRAGATI portal used by PMO can be accessed from NHAI website and contractors, concessionaires can raise any project related issues on it.
About the GATI Portal
About the PRAGATI Platform
National Highways Authority of India
Answer: 12) B
Narendra Modi, has given its approval for the Model Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for unilateral/bilateral recognition of Certificates, pursuant to Regulation 1/10 of International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers, 1978 as amended to be signed between the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India and its counterparts in foreign countries, with the approval of Minister-in-charge of Shipping and the Minister of External Affairs.
Answer: 13) C
The Union Cabinet has approved the extension of the term of the Commission to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes, by six months that is up to 31.7.2020.
Answer: 14) D
A new snake eel species residing in the Bay of Bengal has been discovered and documented this month (January) by the Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC) of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) at Gopalpur-on-sea in Odisha. In 2019, two new species of marine eel, Gymnothorax andamanensesis and Gymnothorax smithi were been discovered by this ZSI centre.
About Zoological Survey of India
Estuarine Biology Regional Centre (EBRC)
About the Ophichthus kailashchandrai
Other key national survey organisations of India
Bay of Bengal
Answer: 15) A
India’s first e-waste clinic was opened in Bhopal-capital of Madhya Pradesh. The e-waste clinic would enable segregation, processing and disposal of waste from both household and commercial units. The e-waste clinic is jointly setting up by the Central Pollution Control Board-CPCB and Bhopal Municipal Corporation-BMC. The e-waste clinic is being started on the basis of a three-month pilot project. If this project is successful, e-waste clinics will be established at other places in the country. The clinic has been prepared in junk low floor bus. The bus is decorated with e-waste material from outside and inside.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.