1. India’s First War Memorial for Service Animals to come up in ______.
2. Which of the following states has launched ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme to provide a meal to the poor for just 10 rupees?
C. Uttar Pradesh
3. The Government of India and the Government of Maharashtra has signed a ………….loan agreement with the World Bank.
A. USD 250 million
B. USD 240 million
C. USD 210 million
D. USD 200 million
4. Who was elected as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the lower house of Parliament in Nepal?
A. Subhash Chandra Nembang
B. Mahantha Thakur
C. Bidhya Devi Bhandari
D. Agni Sapkota
5. Sher Singh Kukkal passed away recently, he was a ______.
A. Artist and sculptor
B. Basketball Player
C. American Songwriter
6. Which state is at the top in vegetable production?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. West Bengal
7. Who inaugurated the All India Members’ Conference?
C. S.A. Bobde
D. None of these
8. In which state the country’s first super fab lab was inaugurated?
9. Approximately how many million did global unemployment increase in 2020?
A. 2.5 million
B. 3.5 million
C. 4.5 million
D. 5.5 million
10. The Union Government has offered to sell its 100 percent stake in which airlines?
B. Air India
C. Air Asia
11. Consider the following statements related to various universities:
1. Govt announces to set up ten chairs in various universities in different fields to encourage women.
2. The initiative called Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women administrators, artists, scientists and social reformers is being launched with the assistance of University Grants Commission (UGC).
3. The financial implications of the proposal is Rs. 40 lakh per Chair per year and the total expenditure for establishing ten Chairs will be approximately Rs. 5 crore per annum.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. New Graphene supercapacitor will boost energy in politically applications.
2. Supercapacitors, also known as ultra-capacitors are electrochemical devices used for the storage of electrical energy, whose popularity is growing rapidly.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
13. Consider the following statements related to Corals restoration:
1. Corals restoration in Gulf of Kachchh.
2. Biorock Technology, also called mineral accretion technology is a method that applies safe, low voltage electrical currents through seawater, causing dissolved minerals to crystallize on structures, growing into a white limestone similar to that which naturally makes up coral reefs and tropical white sand beaches.
14. Consider the following statements related to 6th Schedule Area:
1. Ministry of Tribal Affairs proposes to declare 6th Schedule Area status to Ladakh.
2. The Sixth Schedule of the Constitution makes separate arrangements for the tribal areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Tripura.
3. Article 244A was added to the constitution through the 22nd Constitutional Amendment Act, 1969.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Switzerland Mints World’s Smallest Gold Coin Features Einst.
2. Famed physicist Einstein was granted Swiss citizenship in the year 1901.
Answer: 1) A
The Government of India (GoI) has planned to set up a first-of-its-kind war memorial for service animals in Meerut Uttar Pradesh. India’s first war memorial for animals including dogs, horses and mules will be dedicated to the contributions and heroics of animals who lost their lives in counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir and in the battlefield during the Kargil War, while helping the Army.
5 dogs honored on 2020 Army Day
Mansi name on top
Answer: 2) B
Shiv Sena-led Maharashtra government , launched its much-awaited ‘ Shiv Bhojan’ scheme, which is aimed at providing a meal to the poor for just Rs 10, on the occasion of the 71st Republic Day.
Answer: 3) C
The government has signed a $200 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and to “upgrade” rural roads to all-weather standards in 34 districts of Maharashtra. The loan amount from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has a grace period of six years and a maturity period of 13.5 years.
Answer: 4) D
The ruling Nepal Communist Party’s Agni Sapkota has been elected as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the lower house of Parliament in Nepal. A meeting of the House of Representatives was held in Kathmandu to elect the Speaker.
Agni Sapkota’s win:
Answer: 5) A
Noted artist and sculptor Sher Singh Kukkal (86-years) passed away after a brief illness. He was awarded Senior Fellowship in Visual Art Photography by Union Ministry Of Culture during 2008-09. He received a gold medal in painting from Queens College, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP) & Rajiv Gandhi Foundation award for his photography and painting.
Answer: 6) B
West Bengal has overtaken Uttar Pradesh and emerged as the top State in vegetable production in 2018-19.According to the State-wise horticulture production data released at a conference organised by the Agriculture Ministry last week, West Bengal produced 29.55 million tonnes (mt) of vegetables last year.Andhra Pradesh continued to hold on to the pole position in fruits with 17.61 mt, followed by Maharashtra (10.82 mt) and UP (10.65 mt).
Answer: 7) C
The Chief Justice of India, Justice S.A. Bobde, inaugurated the All India Members’ Conference of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) in New Delhi.
Income Tax Appellate Tribunal
Sharad Arvind Bobde
Answer: 8) D
The country’s first Super Fab Lab was launched at the Integrated Startup Complex of the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM).The Super Fab Lab is being installed in collaboration with KSUM (Kerala Startup Mission). The laboratory will break down barriers between physical world and digital world.
What is a Fab Lab?
Answer: 9) A
The International Labour Organization has released a report titled “World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2020”. It predicts that unemployment is like to increase by around 2.5 million in 2020. The report also revealed that after nine years in decline, the rate of global unemployment remained unchanged in 2019, at 5.4%. It is expected to stay the same for the next two years, due to fluctuations in the population seeking work.
Answer: 10) B
The government issued the preliminary information memorandum for 100% stake sale in national carrier Air India. As part of the strategic disinvestment, Air India would also sell 100 per cent stake in low-cost airline Air India Express and 50% shareholding in joint venture AISATS. The government has set 17th March as the deadline for submitting the Expression of Interest (EoI).
Answer: 11) A
On the occasion of National Girl Child Day the Ministry of Women and Child Development is going to set up 10 Chairs in different fields with an aim to carry out research activities to encourage women. The initiative called Establishment of Chairs in the Universities in the name of eminent women administrators, artists, scientists and social reformers is being launched with the assistance of University Grants Commission (UGC).The main objective is to inspire women to pursue higher education and to achieve excellence in their area of work. This initiative of highlighting and celebrating women achievers of the country will motivate young girls and women towards higher studies.
The chairs proposed by UGC and approved by the Ministry are as under:
Answer: 12) B
Efforts are being made to look for economical and more effective options for storing electrical energy. Indian researchers are now developing an economical Graphene-based supercapacitor that can emerge as an effective alternative to providing energy to various applications, including state-of-the-art military equipment, mobile devices and modern vehicles.
Answer: 13) C
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), with help from Gujarat’s forest department, is attempting for the first time a process to restore coral reefs using biorock or mineral accretion technology in the Gulf of Kachchh. A biorock structure was installed one nautical mile off the Mithapur coast in the Gulf of Kutch on January. In 2015, the ZSI scientists with the support of the Gujarat Forest Department had successfully restored branching coral species (staghorn corals) belonging to the family Acroporidae (Acropora formosa, Acropora humilis, Montipora digitata) that had gone extinct about 10,000 years ago to the Gulf of Kutch.
What is Biorock?
About Zoological Survey of India
Answer: 14) D
Union Tribal Affairs Ministry has proposed 6th Schedule Area status to Union Territory of Ladakh. Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda said that his ministry has sent the proposal to the Union Home Ministry to declare the 6th Schedule status to Ladakh.Four states of North East India got tribal status under the sixth schedule. They come under the Ministry of State Home Affairs. However, Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram have been declared as tribal areas under the Fifth Schedule. These states come under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
What is the 6th Schedule of Indian Constitution?
Benefits of Sixth Schedule
Answer: 15) A
In Switzerland, State-owned Swissmint has minted world’s smallest gold coin measuring 2.96-millimetre (0.12-inches). The coin features the image of Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue. Swiss mint has minted just 999 such coins. Famed physicist Einstein was granted Swiss citizenship in the year 1901.He was also a recipient of the 1921 Noble Prize for physics.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.