1. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Indian Bank Association (IBA)?
A. Sunil Mehta
B. Rajnish Kumar
C. VG Kannan
D. Shyam Srinivasan
2. The 3rd Global Potato Conclave-2020 has begun in which city of India?
B. Gandhi Nagar
3. Which state is holding the No. 1 position in India for last one decade in potato productivity?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Himachal Pradesh
4. Who among the following awarded the ‘Harit Ratna Award 2019’?
A. Ms swaminathan
B. EA Siddiqui
C. Virendra Lal Chopra
5. In which state’s assembly a bill to abolish the Legislative Council was passed in January 2020?
A. Andhra Pradesh
6. Who among the followings has been nominated as a lifetime member of the Asian Tennis Federation?
A. Leander Paes
B. Anil Khanna
C. Vijay Amritraj
D. Mahesh Bhupathi
7. Where has the Indian Railways commissioned country’s first governmental Waste to Energy Plant’?
A. Mumbai Central Station
D. Anand Vihar
8. In which state, the world’s largest solar park, ” Pavagada Solar Park” has now become entirely operational?
C. Tamil Nadu
9. What is the function of patented technology ‘POLYCRACK’?
A. Converting waste into energy
B. To make generic medicines
C. To purify drinking water in the rural areas
D. Measring fertilizer in fields
10. Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary is being observed on ______.
A. 29 January
B. 28 January
C. 27 January
D. 26 January
11. Consider the following statements :
1. Communication Resource Unit created to provide support to national flagship programmes.
2. It is currently operating in Four states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamilnadu and Karnataka.
3. Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to 3rd Global Potato Conclave:
1. Prime Minister to Address the 3rd Global Potato Conclave, Gandhinagar,
2. The Potato Conference will be held for 4 days.
3. In this direction, during last two decades two Global Potato Conferences were organized during 1999, and 2008.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to Paris Convention:
1. Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property.
2. Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property was adopted in 1883.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
14. Consider the following statements related to Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Government of Uttar Pradesh:
1. MoU signed for setting up Project Management Unit between GeM and Uttar Pradesh Government.
2. The MoU aims to expedite the harmonization of the procurement guidelines of the two entities and integration of systems, enabling seamless procuring experience.
3. The PMU to be setup under the MoU will make it easier for MSMEs of U.P. to onboard and transact on GeM. Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
C 2 and 3 are correct
15. Consider the following statements related to Vakataka Dynasty:
1. Recent archaeological excavations at Nagardhan in Ramtek taluka, near Nagpur .
2. They ruled at some parts of Central and South India between the Second and fifth centuries.
Answer: 1) A
Former MD & CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB), Sunil Mehta has been appointed as the new CEO of Indian Bank Association (IBA). He succeeds V G Kannan, who stepped down on December 31, 2019. The term of the CEO of IBA is for the three years while the chairman term is for only one year. Currently, the managing committee of IBA has SBI chief Rajnish Kumar as Chairman year 2019-20 along with three deputy chairmen and honorary secretary.
Indian Banks’ Association
Answer: 2) B
The third Global Potato Conclave will be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conclave through remote video conferencing on January 28, 2020.The Conclave is being organized by Indian Potato Association (IPA) in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, and ICAR-Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla and International Potato Center (CIP), Lima, Peru. The Potato Conference will be held for 3 days during 28-30 January, 2020. It will have 10 themes out of which 8 themes are based on basic and applied research. The remaining two themes will have special emphasis on potato trade, value chain management and policy issues.
Answer: 3) C
Gujarat is one of the leading producers of Potato in the country. In the last 11 years alone, while the area under potato in India, has increased by 19%, it has increased by about 170% in Gujarat (49.7 thousand ha in 2006-07 to 133 thousand ha in 2017-18).With a productivity of more than 30t/ha, Gujarat is holding the No. 1 position in India for last one decade. The State uses modern methods of agriculture like sprinkler and drip irrigation for cultivation. The State also has the best of the cold storage facilities and linkages and is a hub for major potato processing industries in the country. In addition most of the potato exporters are also based in Gujarat. These have led to emergence of the state as a major potato hub in the country.
Answer: 4) D
N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, has been conferred ‘Harit Ratna Award 2019’ by the All India Agricultural Students Association for dissemination of ₹30-crore entrepreneurship project in agri-business and for motivating students to the agriculture sector in the State.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Answer: 5) A
The Andhra Pradesh Assembly has unanimously passed a resolution to abolish the State Legislative Council. Speaker, Tammineni Seetharam announced, the statutory resolution was adopted with 133 members voting in favour of it. Now, the resolution will be sent to the Centre for necessary follow-up action.
Answer: 6) B
Senior Sports Administrator Anil Khanna, who recently decided not to contest the President’s post of the Asian Tennis Federation (ATF), was nominated Life President of the continental body. Mr Khanna had served as ATF President from 2005 to 2019 and also ITF Vice President from 2015-19. The ATF held the meeting of its Board of Directors in Melbourne and unanimously nominated Mr Khanna as Life President. He was also appointed Chairman of the ATF Finance Committee.
Answer: 7) C
Indian Railways commissions first Waste to Energy Plant in Bhubaneswar
Indian Railways has commissioned the country’s first governmental waste to energy plant in Mancheswar Carriage Repair workshop at Bhubaneswar under the East Coast Railway zone.
Answer: 8) D
The world’s largest solar park, ” Pavagada Solar Park” has now become entirely operational. It is located in Tumakuru district of Karnataka and has been developed by the Karnataka Solar Park Development Corporation Limited (KSPDCL), which a joint venture between the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and the Karnataka Renewable Energy (KREDL). Initially, the plan was to build a solar park of capacity 2,000 MW spanning over 13,000 acres of land. Later, an additional capacity of 50 MW was added. The Pavagada Solar Park was conceptualized in February 2015, and the park’s development began in January 2016. It is divided into 8 blocks of 250 MW each and the land used in the entire park is leased, which has lowered the park’s cost.
Answer: 9) A
In Polycrack Technology, waste is processed and reformed in 24 hours. The only drawback is that it requires larger area. The technology involves de-polmerization, cracking, reforming, scrubbing, particle filtration and rapid quenching. The major benefit of the method is that it does not require pre-segregation.
Answer: 10) B
The year 2020 marks the 155th birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai, one of the greatest freedom fighters of India. Lala Lajpat Rai was born on January 28, 1865, in a Jain Punjabi family in Dhudikae village of Punjab’s Moga district. Rai was also known as Punjab Kesari. He played a pivotal role in the Indian freedom struggle. He was part of the famous radical trio Lal Bal Pal, who advocated the Swadeshi movement in India, involving the boycott of all imported goods and the use of Indian made goods. To report the political situation of India, in 1928, the British government set up the Commission, headed by Sir John Simon. When the Commission visited Lahore on October 30, 1928, Lajpat Rai led a non-violent march in protest against it.
Answer: 11) A
Recently the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) have joined hands with UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) to establish a ‘communication resource unit.
About Communication Resource Unit
Answer: 12) B
The third Global Potato Conclave will be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conclave through remote video conferencing on January 28, 2020. The Conclave is being organized by Indian Potato Association (IPA) in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, and ICAR-Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla and International Potato Center (CIP), Lima, Peru. The Potato Conference will be held for 3 days during 28-30 January, 2020. It will have 10 themes out of which 8 themes are based on basic and applied research. The remaining two themes will have special emphasis on potato trade, value chain management and policy issues.
About Global Potato Conclave
Gujarat and Potato
Answer: 13) C
Khadi Village Industries Corporation is eyeing international trademark for ‘khadi’ under the Paris Convention for protection of industrial property to prevent any product from masquerading as ‘khadi’ nationally or globally.
About Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
The repression of unfair competition
About World Intellectual Property Organization
Answer: 14) D
Government eMarketplace (GeM) of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Government of Uttar Pradesh, on January 25, 2020 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) in the State.
Uttar Pradesh is the second State after Punjab
Answer: 15) A
Recent archaeological excavations at Nagardhan in Ramtek taluka, near Nagpur, have provided concrete evidence on the life, religious affiliations and trade practices of the Vakataka dynasty.
About the Vakataka Dynasty
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.