1. Which of the following words has been named as the Oxford Hindi Word of the Year for 2019?
2. Which state government has launched a virtual police station where people can lodge complaints from their respective districts without visiting Police Station?
3. Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdelaziz Al Thani has been appointed as new Prime Minister of which country?
A. United Arab Emirates
B. Saudi Arab
4. Famous sportsperson and Arjuna Awardee Sunita Chandra passed away recently, she is associated with which sports?
5. The Indian Navy launched Operation Vanilla in the Southern Indian Ocean to assist the people of which country who were affected by Cyclone Diane?
6. As per the World Social Report 2020, India successfully managed to use digital platforms to reduce disparities among population groups. Which of the following publishes the report?
A. UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
B. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Welfare
C. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
D. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
7. Which state’s tableau was awarded the first prize in the states category in the 71st Republic Day Parade?
A. Uttar Pradesh
8. Which country has become the second largest market for smartphones in the world, leaving America behind?
9. Which country’s citizens are not allowed in Saudi Arabia?
B. United Arab Emirates
10. Which country’s Prime Minister Marjan Sarek resigns?
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Govt Signs ‘Historic’ Peace Accord with NDFB, ABSU to Resolve Assam’s Decades-old Bodo Issue.
2. The All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) and the Government of India have signed the first accord in 1983.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to laden airline:
1. Govt invites bids to sell 100% stake in debt-laden airline.
2. Air India is currently incurring a daily loss of about Rs 20-35 crore.
3. The government released a document inviting expressions of interest in Air India on January 27, which states that it is willing to sell its full stake in the carrier.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal has recently issued an order giving the Police Commissioner .
2. The NSA was described as “An Act to provide for preventive detention in certain cases and for matters connected therewith”.
14. Consider the following statements related to 4th state to pass anti-CAA resolution:
1. Mamata Banerjee’s Bengal becomes 4th state to pass anti-CAA resolution.
2. The Kerala government had challenged the Citizenship Amendment Act and other rules, saying that this law violates the fundamental rights under Articles 14, 21 and 25 and that the law is unfair and irrational.
3. Punjab government also passed the House against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The Punjab government, in this proposal, termed the Citizenship Amendment Act as unconstitutional and demanded that this law should be scrapped.
15. Consider the following statements related to Paradip Port:
1. An inter-ministerial panel has approved a Ministry of Shipping proposal for deepening and optimisation of inner harbour facilities of the Paradip Port Trust.
2. India’s 85% of trading is done through maritime transport.
Answer: 1) A
Oxford University Press (OUP) has named ‘Samvidhaan’ (Constitution) in the Oxford Hindi Word -2019. OUP received widespread attention in the year which was witness to the spirit of the Indian Constitution being embraced across segments of the society. The Oxford Hindi Word of the Year is a word or expression that has attracted a great deal of attention and reflects the ethos, mood, or preoccupations of the past year.
Answer: 2) B
AIR PICS In Odisha, the State Government has launched a virtual police station where people can lodge complaints from their respective districts regarding theft of their vehicles without visiting Police Station. The e-police station will function from State Crime Records Bureau in Bhubaneswar. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the facility along with road accident case documents module and medico legal opinion system projects of Odisha Police. These are the initiatives to effectively reduce the necessity of citizens to visit Police Stations.
Utkal Divas or Odisha Day falls every year on 01st April.
CM of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik;
Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal.
Answer: 3) C
Qatar’s Aamir (Ruler) Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani appointed trusted adviser Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani as prime minister of the country. Sheikh Khalid is a close associate of Qatar’s ruler. He has been chosen for the influential role to ensure that the emir’s writ runs throughout the Gulf State’s administration. He was sworn in during a ceremony at the Diwan in downtown Doha.
Answer: 4) D
The former captain of Indian women’s hockey team Sunita Chandra passed away in her residence in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The 76-year-old Hockey player had also received the prestigious Arjuna award. She represented the country at the time when women’s Hockey in the country was not motivated or was not encouraged as much as other sports or even the men’s hockey. The country and the sports of hockey will always be indebted to her contribution at such difficult times. Her efforts played a key role in inspiration to the next generation of players which led the Indian woman’s hockey team to finish at the fourth place in the 1974 World Cup.She had played for the Indian women’s hockey team from 1956 to 1966 and also served as the captain of the team from 1963 to 1966.
Answer: 5) A
The Indian Navy launched “Operation Vanilla” in the Southern Indian Ocean to assist the population of Madagascar that were affected by Cyclone Diane. The Indian Navy ship Airavat has been deployed in the relief mission. The operation will provide succour to the flood-affected population. The ship will also set up a medical camp and offer water, food and other essential relief materials.
Answer: 6) B
The World Social Report 2020, published by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, notes how India harnessed the potential of digital technologies for more inclusive development. In the report, the UN said the experience of India suggests that mobile digital technologies need to be complemented by other technologies to reduce inequality in access to financial services.
Answer: 7) C
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh gave away Best Tableaux awards for Republic Day Parade, 2020 in New Delhi. Assam’s tableau has been chosen as the best tableau, followed by Odisha and Uttar Pradesh who were tied for the second position. Odisha’s tableau depicted Lord Lingaraja’s Rukuna Rath Yatra whereas the tableau of UP showcased the state’s cultural and religious heritage. Best among the Ministries and Departments- NDRF and Jal Shakti Mission.
Answer: 8) D
India has become a key market for many companies in different domains. There are a lot of opportunities for growth here and the companies see that clearly. As for the smartphone market, we’ve seen significant growth over the years. India has left the US behind to become the world’s second-largest smartphone market, according to a recent counterpoint report. That’s right, India is now a bigger market than the US, which is pretty incredible. More than 158 million smartphones were delivered in the US in 2019, the study reports. That is a considerably greater amount than 145 million delivered in 2018. The sudden growth is due in large part to the rise of Chinese producers.
Answer: 9) A
Saudi Arabia has announced that Israeli citizens are not allowed to visit the kingdom, home to Islam’s holiest sites. This decision comes after Israel’s Interior Ministry said Israeli citizens (Muslims and Jews) have the right to travel to Saudi Arabia for religious and business visits. Like most Arab countries, Saudi Arabia does not have diplomatic relations with Israel. Israel has peace deals with only two Arab countries Jordan and Egypt.
Answer: 10) B
Slovenian Prime Minister Marjan Sarec (youngest-ever PM) has announced a step-down and called for fresh elections. Earlier, he is best known as a comedian and political satirist before he launched himself as an anti-establishment politician. The Prime Minister of Slovenia is the head of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia.
Answer: 11) A
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the Assam government and the Bodo groups on Monday signed an agreement to redraw and rename the Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD) in Assam, currently spread over four districts of Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri.
History of Bodo Accord
What is Bodoland Movement?
Highlights of Bodo Accord
Answer: 12) B
The government announced sale of 100 per cent stake in debt-laden Air India as it issued the preliminary bid document for the strategic disinvestment with the deadline for submitting expression of interest set as March 17.
Air India debt
Air India disinvestment: Key Highlights
Air India sell-off bid 2018
Answer: 13) C
Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal has recently issued an order giving the Police Commissioner the power to detain individuals under the tough National Security Act (NSA), 1980.
About The National Security Act, 1980
Bengal Regulation III of 1818
The Rowlatt Acts of 1919
Answer: 14) D
West Bengal on Monday became the fourth opposition-ruled state to pass a resolution against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) in its assembly, after Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s All India Trinamool Party (TMC) controls more than two-thirds of the seats in the 294-member House but faces a major test of its popularity in the 2021 state election, which will pit it against a BJP buoyed by its performance in last year’s general election.
What did the governments of Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan say on this law?
Answer: 15) A
An inter-ministerial panel has approved a Ministry of Shipping proposal for deepening and optimisation of inner harbour facilities of the Paradip Port Trust.
About Paradip Port
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.