1. An annual event the ‘World Sustainable Development Summit 2020’, organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) held in which city of India for the first time?
A. New Delhi
2. What is the theme of the World Sustainable Summit 2020 organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in New Delhi?
A. ‘Forward to 2030: Making the Decade Sustainable’
B. ‘Towards 2030: Making the Decade Count’.
C. ‘2020: Making Future of the Decade
D. ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: Delivering on our Promise’
3. Who among the following has won the gold medal in the men’s Keirin individual event of the Six-Day Berlin Tournament?
A. Tomas Babek
B. Maximilian Lev
C. Esow Alben
D. Deborah Haroldb
4. Which of the following countries has created a new Guinness World Record for organizing highest altitude Fashion Show on the earth?
5. Name the University that conferred Honorary D.Lit. Degree to Nobel Laureate Prof. Abhijit Binayak Bandyopadhyay at its Annual Convocation?
A. Kolkata University
B. University of Delhi
C. Jawaharlal Nehru University
D. Mumbalai University
6. After approval of European Union Parliament which becomes the first country to leave the European Union?
B. United Kingdom
7. Name the Indian environmentalist who won the Tyler Prize 2020 for his groundbreaking “green economy” work?
A. Vandana shiva
B. Sunat Narayan
C. Pawan Sukhdev
D. Maneka Gandhi
8. Which of the following theater artists awarded the French honour of Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) for her outstanding contribution to the field of theater?
A. Ratan Pathak Shah
B. Dolly Thackeray
C. Shabana Azmi
D. Sanjana Kapoor
9. The 71st edition of International Boxing Tournament “Strandja”2020 was held in which country?
A. Sofia, Bulgaria
B. Bangkok, Thailand
C. Wuhan, China
D. Bucharest, Romania
10. Which Day is being celebrated every year on 30th January?
A. National Youth Day
B. Martyr’s Day
C. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
D. Army day
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Andhra Pradesh Assembly passed resolution for the abolition of the Legislative Council.
2. 143 members, voted for it and none opposing it. The Opposition Telugu Desam Party had made it clear that it would boycott the proceeding.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to African cheetah:
1. Supreme Court allowed NTCA to introduce African cheetah in India.
2. The Court also set up a Four-member committee.
3. The word ‘cheetah’ is derived from the Sanskrit chitraka, which means ‘spotted’. The earliest visual evidence of the Asiatic cheetah, dating back to 2500 to 2300 BCE, is found in cave paintings in Kharvai and Khairabad, and in the upper Chambal valley, in Madhya Pradesh.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements:
1. IISc builds tiny radar to pierce walls.
2. The team of scientists was led by Gaurab Banerjee, associate professor at the Department of Electrical Communication Engineering.
14. Consider the following statements related to 4th state to Ramsar site tag:
1. Ten more wetlands from India get the Ramsar site tag.
2. The Ramsar Convention signed on February 2, 1971 in Iran, is one of the oldest inter-governmental accord signed by members countries to preserve the ecological character of their wetlands of international importance.
3. India is a member of this agreement since 1982.
15. Consider the following statements related to Oldest solid material on Earth:
1. Oldest solid material on Earth discovered.
2. This stardust provides evidence for a ‘baby boom’ of new stars that formed 9 billion years ago.
Answer: 1) A
The World Sustainable Development Summit 2020 is being organised in New Delhi for the first time between 29th and 31st January 2020. It is an annual event organized by TERI every year. The theme of the event is ‘Towards 2030: Making the Decade Count’. In its 2020 edition, the Summit will be addressing the broad themes of- circular economy, water, energy, industry transitions, and e-mobility.
About the 2020 Summit
Energy and Resources Institute
Answer: 2) B
The World Sustainable Summit is an annual event organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). It is being organized since 2001. The event has become a premier international event focusing on developing actions. The event was held between January 29, 2020 and January 31, 2020. The theme of the event is ‘Towards 2030: Making the Decade Count’.
Answer: 3) C
Indian cyclist Esow Alben has bagged a gold in the men’s Keirin individual event of the Six-Day Berlin Tournament. The 18-year-old finished on top of the podium, earning 20 classification points. Czech Republic’s Tomas Babek came in second while Maximilian Lev of Germany took home the bronze. Earlier in the competition, the teenager had won a bronze on day two followed by a silver medal on the fourth day in the individual Keirin event.
Answer: 4) D
Nepal creates a Guinness World Record for the highest altitude fashion show event ever held. The Mount Everest Fashion Runway, organized by RB Diamonds and KASA Style in support of Nepal Tourism Board, was held at 5340 metres at Kala Patthar, near the Everest base camp. The event was part of the Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign. Models from various parts of the world, including Finland, Italy, Sri Lanka and Singapore, participated in the show.
Answer: 5) A
The Calcutta University conferred Honorary D.Lit. Degree to Nobel Laureate Abhijit Binayak Benerjee at its Annual Convocation. The Vice-Chancellor of the University Sonali Chakraborty Banerjee presented the Degree to him. Abhijit was awarded Nobel Prize in 2019 for “Experimental approach to alleviating global poverty”. He is one of the directors of Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, the USA founded in 2003.
University of Calcutta
Answer: 6) B
The European Parliament overwhelmingly approved Britain’s departure terms from the EU. The vote was 621 to 49 in favour of the Brexit deal that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson negotiated with the other 27 EU leaders. Britain is the first country to leave the EU. with this its members reduced to 27.The EU Parliament backed Britain’s departure in the wake of the country’s vote to leave in a referendum in June 2016.
Answer: 7) C
Indian environmental economist Pavan Sukhdev won Tyler Prize 2020 for his groundbreaking “green economy” work. Tyler Prize is regarded as the “Nobel Prize for the Environment”. He is also Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).Also, conservation biologist Gretchen C. Daily has also won the Tyler Prize 2020. The duo will receive the award at a private ceremony on May 1 in New York.
What is Tyler Prize?
Answer: 8) D
Famous theatre artist Sanjana Kapoor conferred with the French honour of ‘Chevalier dans lOrdre des Arts et des Lettres’ (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) for her outstanding contribution to the theatre. Kapoor was felicitated by Franck Riester, the French Minister of Culture. She is the daughter of Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal. She is a co-founder of ‘Junoon’, an organisation that works towards increasing the reach of theatre.
Answer: 9) A
The 71st edition of International Boxing Tournament “Strandja”2020 was held in Sofia, Bulgaria. India won three medals in the tournament and ranked 9th in the medal tally. With 10 medal the list was topped by Ukraine (4 Gold, 1 silver, 5 Bronze). The Tournament was jointly organized by International Boxing Association & European Boxing Confederation in which more than 300 boxers from 30 countries have participated.
Answer: 10) B
Five days are declared as Martyrs Day in India to honour those who laid down their lives for the nation. The first fall accordingly on January 30, the day when Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse in 1948.Mahatma Gandhi played a significant role in India’s struggle for Independence. He brought forth the awe-inspiring method of non-violent protests, Satyagraha and spread the word of peace and harmony even in dissent.
The other 4 Martyr’s observed in India are:
Answer: 11) A
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has cleared the decks for the abolition of the Legislative Council. 133 members, voted for it and none opposing it. The Opposition Telugu Desam Party had made it clear that it would boycott the proceeding.
About Legislative Council
Creation of Legislative Council
Strength of Legislative Council
Election of Legislative Council
Answer: 12) B
The Supreme Court has lifted its seven-year stay on a proposal to introduce African cheetahs from Namibia into the Indian habitat on an experimental basis. The Court also set up a three-member committee, comprising former Director Wildlife of India Ranjit Singh, Director General of Wildlife of India Dhananjay Mohan and Deputy Inspector General, Wildlife, Ministry of Environment and Forests to guide the NTCA in taking a decision on the issue.
Reasons for Delay?
About Asiatic Cheetah
Answer: 13) C
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), in a significant breakthrough, have developed a “through-the-wall” radar (TWR), built on a chip smaller than a grain of rice. The team of scientists was led by Gaurab Banerjee, associate professor at the Department of Electrical Communication Engineering.
Developed using Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) technology, this radar has a single transmitter, three receivers, and an advanced frequency synthesizer capable of generating complex radar signals, all packed together into a tiny chip.
Answer: 14) D
Union Environment Minister has announced that India has added 10 more wetlands to sites protected by the Ramsar Convention.
The New Ramsar Sites
About Ramsar Convention
Answer: 15) A
Scientists have discovered the oldest solid material ever found on the Earth, in the form of stardust trapped inside a meteorite that crashed into Australia 50 years ago.
About Presolar grains
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.