1. World Cancer Day is being observed globally on 4th February. What is the theme of the 2020 World Cancer Day?
A. ‘I Am and I Will’
B. Together it is possible
C. Cancer – Did you know?
D. Together we can
2. Which country has declared a national emergency to tackle the attack of locust swarms?
3. Which of the following states won the award for the implementation of ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) in the state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
4. Which magazine named RBI governor Shaktikanta Das as the ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020’ for the Asia-Pacific region?
B. India today
D. The banker
5. Union Minister of North Eastern Development Dr Jitendra Singh chairs a meeting to fast-track the implementation of Ujh Multipurpose (National) Project, the project is being built in which state/UTs?
D. Himachal Pradesh
6. Who among the following has been elected as the President of the Paralympic Committee of India?
A. Varun Singh Bhati
B. Deepa Malik
C. Devendra Jhajharia
D. Mansi Naina Joshi
7. Which of the following Bollywood actresses has been conferred with the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman?
A. Rima lagu
B. Aruna Irani
C. Waheeda Rehman
8. Which of the following public sector banks has signed a pact with Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE) for accessing credit qualities of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)?
A. Punjab National Bank
B. Union Bank of India
C. Indian Bank
D. Bank of baroda
9. Who was Pranab Kumar Gogoi, died recently?
A. Speaker of Assam Legislative
B. Social worker
C. Classical music singer
10. In the current financial year (2019-20), what is the per day target for construction of highways ?
A. 24 km per day
B. 30 km per day
C. 35 km per day
D. 20 km per day
11. Consider the following statements related to Defence Expo 2020:
1. PM Modi to Inaugurate Defence Expo 2020 in Lucknow .
2. In the DefExpo 2018, held in Chennai, 602 companies had participated. Thus, it has become by far the biggest ever DefExpo to be held in India.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to KVIC:
1. Arunachal: Chairman KVIC distributes 1000 bee boxes to farmers.
2. As per a recent report, India has a potential of about 200 million bee colonies as against 2.4 million bee colonies.
3. It is quite noticeable that KVIC has distributed around 30,000 bee boxes in the North East alone since 2017.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
1. 38 Cr bank accounts opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till last month.
2. The scheme was formally launched on August 28, 2014 at National level by the Prime Minister.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Prime Minister acknowledged the signing of the Bodo Peace Accord in which Bodo language is one of the key thrust areas in the Bodo Accord .
2. Bodo language is listed in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution which was added in 2003.
3. It is spoken in Assam, where the Bodo tribe constitutes about 5-6% of the population, and in Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, and West Bengal.
Answer: 1) A
The World Cancer Day is being marked annually on February 4 by the Union for International Cancer Control. The day is being marked from 2008.
Theme of World Cancer Day 2020
I am and i will
Answer: 2) B
Pakistan government declares a national emergency to eliminate the attacking swarms of desert locusts which are destroying crops on a large scale in Punjab after wiping it out in Sindh. The meeting attended by federal ministers and senior officials of the four provinces also approved a National Action Plan (NAP) that requires a sum of 7.3 billion Pakistani rupees to overcome the crisis. Imran Khan directed the authorities concerned to take all necessary steps on an emergency basis to contain the locust outbreak in the country and to prevent crop losses.
Locusts Attack in Pakistan
Answer: 3) C
Madhya Pradesh bags the first position for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana. Union Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Irani will present this award to Madhya Pradesh at a function in New Delhi. Madhya Pradesh Minister for Women and Child Development Imarti Devi and Principal Secretary Anupam Rajan will receive the award. Indore district bagged the first place for better performance of the scheme. In the category of best performance since inception of the Scheme to States/ UTs having population of more than 1 crore the first position was awarded to the State of Madhya Pradesh, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Haryana was in the third position. In the same category,among States/ UTs having population of less than 1 crore Dadra & Nagar Haveli is in the first position. Himachal stood second and Chandigarh is at the third position.
Answer: 4) D
Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das has been conferred the ‘Central Banker of the Year, Asia-Pacific 2020’ award, by The Banker magazine, for taking steps to bring banking in India up to standard via a restrained approach to governance amid banks facing a series of challenges, from non-performing loans to issues around fraud. According to The Banker, Das has been outspoken on the lack of governance in banking, calling for tighter rules for state-owned banks, which comprise 60 per cent of India’s banking sector.
Raghuram Rajan has received the Global Banker Award:
Governor of Reserve Bank of India
Answer: 5) A
Minister of North Eastern Development Dr. Jitendra Singh led the Ujh Multipurpose (National) Project, Jammu, and Kashmir On February 3, 2020. The gathering was gone to by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Ministry of Power and different officials from state legislature of Punjab.The Meeting held to quick track total usage of India’s privileges under the Indus Water Treaty. The project planned to built across River Ujh, a tributary of River Ravi.
Indus Water Treaty
Answer: 6) B
Indian Paralympic medal-winner Deepa Malik has been elected president of the Paralympic Committee of India. Malik, who won silver in shot putt F-53 at Rio 2016, was elected unopposed. Also elected at the poll on Friday in Bengaluru were Gursharan Singh as secretary general, Kavender Chaudhury and Shashi Ranjan Prasad Singh as vice presidents, M Mahadeva as treasurer, and Nale Nandkishor Baburao and Kantilal Parmar as joint secretaries.
Answer: 7) C
Noted actor Waheeda Rehman will be conferred the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman. The award, for the year 2018, will be given to Rehman at her Bandra residence in Mumbai by Madhya Pradesh Culture Minister Vijaylaxmi Sadho. Rehman, one of Hindi film industry’s most successful leading ladies with a string of box office hits and several awards. The award, which carries a Rs 2 lakh cash prize and citation, could not be given to Rehman during a function held in October last year as the actor was unwell. The function was held on October 13 coinciding with the death anniversary of singing legend Kishore Kumar.
Answer: 8) D
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has partnered with Care Ratings for assessing the credit quality of small and medium enterprises (SME) customers. This partnership will help to grade the credit quality of the bank’s current and prospective SME customers by processing and analyzing structured, unstructured and new data streams.
Answer: 9) A
Former Speaker of Assam Legislative Assembly & Congress MLA of Sibsagar Pranab Kumar Gogoi (84-years) passed away at a private hospital in Guwahati. Mr. Pranab Gogoi served as a minister in Tarun Gogoi-led cabinet from 2006-2011. He was also elected as the Speaker of the Assam Legislative Assembly (in 2011).
Answer: 10) B
According to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, Union Government has set the target for construction of highways about 30 kilometres per day in the current fiscal. The average construction of Highways is 25.23 kilometres per day till December in 2019-20. It was 24.37 kilometres per day during the corresponding period in 2018-19. Total 2155 kilometres length of roads has been built in the first three months of the current financial year.
Answer: 11) A
The 11th edition of Def Expo (DefExpo-2020) will be held for the first time in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 5 to 9 February 2020. It is a flagship biennial event of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. The DefExpo will bring new technologies, technological solutions, where Defence manufacturing companies from India and abroad showcase their products and services in Defence arena, on a single platform.
Answer: 12) B
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has distributed 1000 bee boxes to 100 farmers in Arunachal Pradesh.
Honey Mission program
Answer: 13) C
According to Minister of State for Finance, Anurag Thakur, around 38 crore bank accounts have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till January 2020.In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha on February 4, 2020, he said that out of 38 crore accounts, around 31 crore accounts are operative and the number of these accounts has increased every year since the launch of the scheme.
Mr. Thakur said, no penalty was imposed on Jan Dhan accounts for non-maintenance of minimum balance. He added that as per the guidelines of the RBI, there is no requirement for maintaining minimum balance in such accounts.
About Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana
Answer: 14) D
Recently Prime Minister acknowledged the signing of the Bodo Peace Accord in which Bodo language is one of the key thrust areas in the Bodo Accord.
About the Bodo language
History of the Bodo Language
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.