1. Which of the following institutions has developed an Artificial Intelligence technology to convert Brain signals of Speech-Impaired Humans into simple Human Language English?
A. Indian Institute of Technology – Madras (IIT-M)
B. Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IIT-B)
C. Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi (IIT-D)
D. Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati (IIT-G)
2. Name the Asian country that celebrated its 72nd Independence Day?
B. Sri Lanka
3. Albin Kurti has been appointed as the new and 4th Prime Minister of which of the following countries?
4. Which film won the Best Film Award at the 73rd British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards 2020?
A. Once upon a time in Hollywood
B. Avengers: Endgame
C. Marriage Sto Ri
5. Which state’s transport corporation has been awarded with Transport Minister’s Road Safety Award 2018-19 for “lowest rate of accident”?
B. Uttar Pradesh
6. According to the Union Finance Ministry, how many bank accounts were opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till January 2020?
A. 21 crores
B. 38 crores
C. 31 crores
D. 43 crores
7. Where was the 11th Defense Exhibition (DefExpo 2020) held?
8. Who was Jaswant Singh Kanwal died recently?
A. Speaker of Assam Legislative
B. Social worker
C. Classical music singer
D. Punjabi writer
9. Who among the following has been elected as the Chairman of Coal India Ltd.?
A. Pramod Agrawal
B. Varun Singh Bhati
C. Devendra Jhajharia
D. Mansi Naina Joshi
10. India’s biggest rural technical festival ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ was held in which state of India?
A. Andra Pradesh
11. Consider the following statements related to Vadhavan Port:
1. Cabinet Approves New Major Port In Maharashtra’s Vadhavan.
2. Vadhavan port will be developed on “land lord model”. A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) will be formed with Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) as the lead partner with equity participation equal to or more than 40% to implement the project.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to International Seafood Show:
1. Ministry of Commerce and Industry is conducting the 22nd edition of India International Seafood Show (IISS) 2020 in Kochi from 7-9 February 2020.
2. Over 200 exhibitors, 450 stalls and more than 5000 delegates, including foreign delegates, are expected to attend the three-day event at Kochi.
3. The theme of this year’s seafood show is “Blue Revolution- Beyond Production to Value Addition”.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra’ trust:
1. PM announces setting up of ‘Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra’ trust.
2. Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust will have 15 trustees, out of which one trustee will always be from Dalit community.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. UAE finds new natural gas field between Abu Dhabi, Dubai.
2. In November 2019, UAE announced the discovery of 7 billion barrels of oil. This raised the crude reserves of the country to 105 billion barrels making it the sixth largest in the world.
3. Around 30% of the GDP of the country is directly based on oil and gas.
Answer: 1) A
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras announced that its researchers had developed an Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to convert brain signals of speech impaired humans into language. This technology also helps the researchers to collect the information or action of Natural Reactions like Plant Photosynthesis and also what Nature is trying to communicate with us, this helps to predict Monsoons, Earthquakes, Tsunami and other Natural calamities by converting their signals into Human Language.
A team of researchers lead by Vishal Nandigana, Assistant Professor, Fluid Systems Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, is working on this area of research, the Institute said in a press statement.
Answer: 2) B
Sri Lanka celebrated its 72nd Independence Day on 4th February 2020. On this day, Sri Lanka became an independent nation after getting independence from Britain. On the occasion Sri Lanka dropped the rendering of the Tamil-version of the national anthem from its Independence Day ceremony for the first time since 2016. The Sri Lankan government in 2015 started including the Tamil national anthem as a means of achieving reconciliation with the Tamil minority community.
Sri Lanka’s Constitution provides for the singing of the national anthem in both Sinhala and Tamil.
Answer: 3) C
former rebel leader Albin Kurti (44 years) has been appointed as the new and 4th Prime Minister of the Republic of Kosovo. Albin replaced Ramush Haradinaj, as Ramush resigned the post in July 2019 when he was summoned to be questioned at the war crimes court in The Hague, Netherlands. Albin who is the leader of the political party Vetëvendosje (Self Determination), was famously known as Kosovo’s Che Guevara (marxist leader) by reporters in the 1990s when he organised mass student protest against repression of Serbia.
Answer: 4) D
The British Academy of Film and Television Awards (BAFTA) ceremony was held at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Britain. 1917 was the big winner of the night with seven awards, including the coveted Best Film and Director
Answer: 5) A
Delhi govt’s public transport Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has been awarded with Transport Minister’s Road Safety Award 2018-19 at an event in New Delhi. The award was given for its lowest accident rate. The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari awarded a trophy and a cheque of Rs. 1 Lakh to the Managing Director (MD) of DTC Shri Manoj Kumar.
Answer: 6) B
According to Minister of State for Finance, Anurag Thakur, around 38 crore bank accounts have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana till January 2020. With a view to increase banking penetration, promote financial inclusion and to provide at least one bank account per household across the country, a National Mission on Financial Inclusion known as Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana (PMJDY) was announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his Independence Day Speech on August 15, 2014. The scheme was formally launched on August 28, 2014 at National level by the Prime Minister.
Answer: 7) C
The 11th edition of Def Expo (DefExpo-2020) will be held for the first time in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 5 to 9 February 2020. It is a flagship biennial event of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.The DefExpo will bring new technologies, technological solutions, where Defence manufacturing companies from India and abroad showcase their products and services in Defence arena, on a single platform.
Answer: 8) D
Eminent Punjabi writer, Sahitya Akademi Awardee Jaswant Singh Kanwal passed away. He was bestowed the Sahitya Akademi Fellowship award for his book ‘Pakhi’ (Hand Fan). He received the Sahitya Akademi award (in 1998) for his novel ‘Taushali Di Hanso’ and Sahitya Shiromani Award of the Punjab government (in 2007). Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar conferred on Kanwal the degree of Doctor of Literature (Honoris Causa) for Punjabi literature.
Answer: 9) A
IAS officer Pramod Agrawal (A 1991 batch) assumed charge as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Coal India Ltd (CIL). He succeeds A K Jha.
Anil Kumar Jha
Answer: 10) B
District Collector of Nirmal M Prashanthi has inaugurated National Level India’s Biggest Rural Technical Festival titled ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ in Telangana. The theme of this festival is ‘Spot and encourage rural tech innovators’. The 3-day technical fest, with over 200 events viz Campus Farming competition, Robo Racing, Robo Soccer, and others.
Answer: 11) A
The Union Cabinet gave in-principle approval for the establishment of a new major port at Vadhavan, Maharashtra. The Vadhavan port will be developed on the ‘Landlord Model’. A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to be set up to provide the necessary infrastructure to the port. The SPV will develop port infrastructure including land reclamation, construction of the breakwater, besides establishing connectivity with the interstate. All business activities will be done by private developers under the PPP model.
About the Vadhavan Port
Why Vadhavan Port?
About JN Port
Why deep draft port?
Answer: 12) B
Ministry of Commerce and Industry is conducting the 22nd edition of India International Seafood Show (IISS) 2020 in Kochi from 7-9 February 2020.
Theme: The theme of this year’s seafood show is “Blue Revolution- Beyond Production to Value Addition”. Over 200 exhibitors, 350 stalls and more than 5000 delegates, including foreign delegates, are expected to attend the three-day event at Kochi.
Held after 12 years
About India International Seafood Show (IISS)
Answer: 13) C
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on February 5, 2020 announced in parliament a trust to oversee the construction of a Ram Temple in Ayodhya, as ordered by the Supreme Court. The trust has been named as ‘Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra’ trust.The Prime Minister said that, keeping in mind the construction of the magnificent Ram Temple and the spirit of the devotees who would come to pay obeisance to Ram Lalla, in future the Government has taken another important decision. It has decided that whole of the approx 67.703 acre acquired land will be transferred to thus created Sri Ram Janma Bhoomi Tirtha Kshetra trust .
Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust will have 15 trustees, out of which one trustee will always be from Dalit community.
Answer: 14) D
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has announced the discovery of a natural gas field containing 80 trillion standard cubic feet of gas between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. This new discovery reinforces the nation’s goal of achieving gas self-sufficiency, enabling major development projects. The new Jebel Ali field would help the Emirates become more energy independent. Qatar is the world’s largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) producer. In November 2019, UAE announced the discovery of 7 billion barrels of oil. This raised the crude reserves of the country to 105 billion barrels making it the sixth largest in the world. IT had also announced the discovery of 58 trillion cubic feet of gas. This puts the total reserves of natural gas of UAE to 273 trillion cubic feet conventional gas and 160 trillion cubic feet unconventional gas.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.