1. The Government has set a target of installation of solar power of what capacity in the country by December 2022 ?
A. 100 GW
B. 150 GW
C. 160 GW
D. 180 GW
2. In how many charges the US President Donald Trump was impeached?
3. What is India’s ranking in the ‘International Intellectual Property Index 2020’ released by the US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center?
4. The Wuhan Institute of Virology, China Academy of Sciences, has filed for a patent on Remdesivir to treat coronavirus. Which company has developed this drug?
5. Who was appointed by the Supreme Court to to prepare an inventory and valuation report of ornaments of Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala temple?
A. Justice C.N. Ramachandran Nair
B. Justice J. Chelameswar
C. Justice K. Joseph
D. Justice E. Padmanabhan
6. NASA astronaut Christina Koch returned to Earth from the International Space Station, where she set the record for the longest single spaceflight in history by a woman. How many days she completed in space?
A. 318 days
B. 328 days
C. 340 days
D. 345 days
7. Which state government has decided to use drones for mapping villages first time?
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
8. According to a recent research, basmati rice is a hybrid of two other rice groups and most genetic material in basmati comes from:
A. Miniket Group and Hansraj
B. Parmal and Japonica
C. Aus and Miniket
D. Japonica and Aus
9. How many years will LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner step down?
A. 11 years
B. 12 years
C. 13 years
D. 14 years
10. Who won the 31st Veer Savarkar All India Ocean Swimming Tournament?
A. Rutvik Bhajiwala, Monica Singh
B. Monika Nagpure, Rutvik Bhajiwala
C. Monica Nagpure, Ramesh Nagpure
D. None of these
11. Consider the following statements related to Intellectual Property Index – 2020:
1. India’s slipped to 40th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 53 global economies, this year, according to a report of US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center
2. India’s score has shown improvement by 9% as compared to the previous year reporting of GIPC.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to Ease of Living Index and Municipal Performance Index 2019:
1. Ease of Living Index and Municipal Performance Index 2019 Launched.
2. The indices designed to assess the quality of life of citizens in 100 Smart Cities and 10 other Million Plus Cities.
3. This will help Municipalities in better planning and management, filling the gaps in city administration, and improving the liveability of cities for its citizens.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements related to UDAN:
1. Uttarakhand First Heli Services Under UDAN Flagged.
2. MoCA awarded the Sahastradhara-Gauchar-Chinyalisaur route to Heritage Aviation under the UDAN 2 bidding process.
14. Consider the following statements related to repo rate:
1. RBI maintains status quo, keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15%.
2. The committee voted 6-0 in favour of the status quo of the interest rates.
3. Consequently, the reverse repo rate stands unchanged at 4.90 per cent.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. JSW Steel signs Rishabh Pant as brand ambassador.
2. It is a flagship company of the $10 billion JSW Group..
Answer: 1) A
The target of installing solar power capacity under the National Solar Mission has been increased from 20 GW to 100 GW by 2021-22. A target of 10,000 MW has been set for the year 2017-18, which will result in a cumulative capacity of over 20 GW (GW) by 31 March 2018. The capacity of the scheme related to ‘Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects’ has been increased from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW. In addition, 35 solar parks with a total capacity of 20,514 MW have been sanctioned in 21 states. The 1000 MW Kurnool Solar Park in Andhra Pradesh has already been commissioned. With the commissioning of 1000 MW solar park at one place, Kurnool Solar Park has now become the largest solar park in the world. A 650 MW Bhadala (Phase-II) solar park at Rajastan has also been commissioned. Phase-I of 250 MW Neemuch Mandsaur Solar Park (500 MW) has been commissioned in Madhya Pradesh. 3 new solar parks at Rajsthan N (1000 MW), Gujarat (500 MW) and Mizoram (23 MW) this year after the issuance of the related guidelines to increase the capacity from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW under the Solar Park Scheme. Has been approved. As of 30 November 2017, more than 41.80 lakh solar lighting systems, 1.42 lakh solar Pampa and 181.52 MW EQubh power packs have been installed across the country.
Answer: 2) B
President Donald Trump has been found not guilty in his impeachment trial, ending a bid to remove him from office that bitterly divided the US. The Senate, run by the president’s fellow Republicans, voted to acquit him 52-48 on charges of abuse of power and 53-47 on obstruction of Congress. He now becomes the third President in the US history to be impeached by House of Representatives and acquitted by the Senate. The other two Presidents were Bill Clinton in 1999 and Andrew Johnson in 1868.
What was the charge on President Trump?
Answer: 3) C
India has been ranked 40th out of 53 countries on a global intellectual property index, even as the country has shown improvement in terms of scores when it comes to the protection of IP and copyright issues, a top American industry body.
According to the rankings, India was ranked 40th among 53 economies. India has slipped 4 places to 40th position in this index. India was ranked 36th in this index last year. This year India has achieved a score of 16 .22 in the International Intellectual Property Index. India’s score has increased 7% over the previous year.
Answer: 4) D
The Wuhan Institute of Virology, China Academy of Sciences had filed a patent application to use remdesivir to treat the novel coronavirus (2019 nCoV) on January 21, 2020, which has sparked debate on China’s social media about intellectual property issues. The company said it had filed patent applications for the drug’s use on coronaviruses in China and some other countries and regions in 2016, but it has not yet received approval in China.
What is remdesivir?
Answer: 5) A
A Supreme Court bench of Justices N V Ramana, Ajay Rastogi and V Ramasubramanian appointed retired Kerala High Court judge C. N. Ramachandaran Nair to prepare an inventory and valuation report of ornaments of Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala temple. The SC decision came after apex court took cognisance of the dispute among different sects of the Pandalam Royal family claiming those ornaments.
The Supreme Court also requested Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Kerala government, to use his good office in finding an amicable resolution to ongoing dispute between warring faction of the royal family.
Answer: 6) B
NASA’s astronaut Christina Koch returned from the International Space Station to Earth safely. Koch arrived along with Soyuz Commander Alexander Skvortsov of Roscosmos and Luca Parmitano of European Space Agency. She set the record for the longest single spaceflight in history by a woman . Koch launched on March 14, 2019 and has spent 328 days on International Space Station ISS, surpassing the previous record of 289 days held by fellow American Peggy Whitson.
Answer: 7) C
The Madhya Pradesh (MP) govt. has decided to use drones for mapping villages.
The Revenue department of MP has signed an agreement in this regard with the Survey of India. So far, land survey work is being done either manually or with the help of satellite images in MP. 55 thousand villages of the state have been selected for mapping. Using the drone technology, the map of the area will be made on a scale of 1 : 500, for a better resolution.
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Kamal Nath
Governor: Lal Ji Tandon.
Answer: 8) D
The researchers in New York University (NYU Center for Genomics and Systems Biology have mapped the complete genome of two basmati rice varieties, including one that is drought tolerant and resistant to bacterial disease.
The two varieties: Dom Sufid and Basmati 334
About Basmati Rice
Answer: 9) A
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner is stepping down after 11 years at the helm of the popular professional social networking company owned by Microsoft. He will be replaced in June by Ryan Roslansky, a senior vice president in charge of product who has been at LinkedIn since before the Microsoft acquisition. During Weiner’s tenure, LinkedIn’s revenue increased to more than $7.5 billion in the trailing 12 months from $78 million. Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26 billion in 2016.
Answer: 10) B
In Gujarat, Monika Nagpure and Rutvik Bhajiwala both from Surat have won the 31st Veer Savarkar Akhil Bharatiya Samudra Taran Spardha. The annual all India Sea swimming competition was held off Gir Somnath coast of Gujarat. Monika had won this competition on two previous occasions also. She completed 16 nautical mile distance in 4.39.02 hours, while Rutvik completed 16 nautical mile distance in 7.04.38 hours.
Answer: 11) A
India’s slipped to 40th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 53 global economies, this year, according to a report of US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center. Last year India was ranked at 36th position out of 50 countries. This year India scored 16.22 in Intellectual Property Index. India’s score has shown improvement by 7% as compared to the previous year reporting of GIPC. However, based on relative performance, India was pushed four ranks backwards. In 2019, India was at 36th rank improving from 44th position in 2018. It was the highest gain for any country in 2019.With a score of 42.66 US ranked first followed by UK, Sweden, France, Germany and Ireland.
These indicators provide nine categories of security, creating a framework for the overall IP ecosystem of an economy –
Trademark, Copyright and India
Indian Patents Act, 2005
Answer: 12) B
Ease of living index (EoLI) and Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2019 have launched by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs. The indices designed to assess the quality of life of citizens in 100 Smart Cities and 14 other Million Plus Cities. Municipal Performance Index 2019, the Ministry sought to evaluate the performance of municipalities based on five enablers, namely Service, Finance, Planning, Technology, and Governance, which have been further divided into 20 sectors, which will be evaluated across 100 indicators.
Municipal Performance Index 2019
Ease of Living Index
Answer: 13) C
Ministry of Civil Aviation operationalized the first ever helicopter services from Dehradun’s Sahastradhara helipad to Gauchar, and Chinyalisaur under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) of Government of India. The inauguration of the heli routes in the Uttrakhand region is in line with the objective of the Ministry of Civil Aviation to enhance the aerial connectivity of the hilly areas in the country.
Answer: 14) D
The monetary policy committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Thursday kept the repo rate unchanged at 5.15 per cent — a 10-year low in its last policy review of the financial year 2019-20 (FY20). Consequently, the reverse repo rate stands unchanged at 4.90 per cent. Further, the bank said it will maintain ‘accommodative’ policy stance as long as it is necessary to revive growth, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target. The committee voted 6-0 in favour of the status quo of the interest rates.
Reverse repo rate
What is CRR?
RBI had earlier cut interest rates five times in a row
Answer: 15) A
JSW Steel has signed Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant as its brand ambassador for three years. It is a flagship company of the $14 billion JSW Group. The company will launch an integrated marketing campaign featuring Pant by mid-February. India, currently the second-largest steel producer in the world, has embarked on a journey to enhance its steel manufacturing capacity from 142 MTPA to 300 MTPA by 2030 through the Indian National Steel Policy.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.