1. Who among the following is elected as Presidential of Afghanistan?
A. Ashraf ghani
B. Arif ghani
C. Asif ghani
D. None of these
2. Which player has recently announced his retirement from international cricket?
A. Dilip Kumar
B. Pragyan Ojha
C. Rabin Singh
D. Rahul Rai
3. Which state has launched the Bharat-Bangla Tourism festival?
4. Which organization / department has recently launched the HRMS mobile app?
B. Food and Public Distribution Department
C. India Post
D. Indian Railways
5. What is India’s ranking in the Worldwide Education for the Future Index 2019?
A. 35 th
B. 40 th
C. 47 th
D. 50 th
6. Where was the third edition of Chitra Bharati Film Festival held in February 2020?
7. In which one of the following district’s Son Pahadi and Hardi block, the Geological Survey of India has discovered A. gold reserves of more than 3500 tonnes?
A. Munger, Bihar
B. Hazaribagh, Jharkhand
C. Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh
D. Udaipur, Rajasthan
8. India is ranked at what place in the UN supported Flourishing Index released in February 2020?
9. Which anniversary of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission was celebrated?
10. Pradhanmantri Fasal Beema Yojana national conference held in which place in India?
11. Consider the following statements related to TILHAN Mission:
1. GoI to launch “TILHAN Mission” to make India Self Reliant in oil seed Production.
2. In addition, the Government of India will create 10,000 farmer producing organizations across
3. The country. 8,000 crores will be provided by the Government of India for this work.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Pakistan to remain on ‘grey list’ of Financial Action Task Force.
2. Pakistan was placed on the ‘Grey List’ by the FATF in June 2017.
3. Financial Action Task Force is an inter-governmental body established in 1989 during the G7 Summit in Paris.
13. Consider the following statements related to Worldwide Education for the Future Index 2019:
1. India has been ranked 35 in the World Wide Educating for the Future Index, 2019, recently released by an organization called The Economist Intellligence Unit.
2. The report and index were commissioned by the Yidan Prize Foundation.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: 1) A
Ashraf Ghani has won the Presidential elections of Afghanistan for the 2nd time.
Mr. Ghani has won the Presidential elections by winning 9,23,592 votes or 50.64% of the total votes. He defeated his closest opponent Abdullah Abdullah who received 7,20,841 votes or 39.52% of votes. The Election Commission stated that only 1.8 million Afghan citizens voted in the election out of total of 9.6 million eligible voters in the country.
Answer: 2) B
Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha (33-years) announced retirement from international and first-class cricket with immediate effect. He played his last match for India in 2013 during Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test against the West Indies in Mumbai. Pragyan Ojha played 24 Tests, 18 ODIs and 6 T20Is in which he scalped 113, 21 and 10 wickets respectively.
Answer: 3) C
The Bharat-Bangla Paryatan Utsav-Tourism festival has begun in Agartala, Tripura. The aim of the festival is to promote tourism in Tripura and apprise the people of the state and neighbouring Bangladesh of the tourist destinations in this state. Seminars, discussions, cultural events, visit the important tourist spots, historical and archaeological sites are the main parts of the two-day friendship festival.
Answer: 4) D
Railway Board Chairman, Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav launched HRMS Mobile App which has been designed and developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS).
Answer: 5) A
The Economic Intelligence Unit recently published the Worldwide Education for the Future Index for the year 2019. India has jumped by five ranks and currently holds rank 35.
Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019:
Answer: 6) B
The three day festival, known as the Chitra Bharati Film Festival (CBFF) began at Gujarat University in Ahmedabad. This is the third edition of the festival- the first was held in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, in 2016, and the second at Delhi’s Siri Fort Auditorium in 2018. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Bollywood filmmaker Subhash Ghai inaugurated the CBFF.
Chitra Bharati Film Festival:
Answer: 7) C
Gold deposits were found in Sonbhadra district by the Geological Survey of India and Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Geology and Mining. Gold deposits are found at two places – Sonpahadi and Hardi field. GSI estimated gold deposits of 2700 million tonnes in Sonpahadi while 650 million tonnes in Hardi filed. The administration has continued the 7-member team for auction of blocks through e-tendering.
Answer: 8) D
According to a United Nations backed report released India ranked 77th on a sustainability index that takes into account per capita carbon emissions. It also ranks 131st on a flourishing ranking that measures the best chance at survival and well-being for children. The Sustainability Index ranks countries on excess carbon emissions compared with the 2030 target. The report was commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO), UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and The Lancet medical journal.
Answer: 9) A
The Fourth Anniversary of Shyama Mukherji Rurban Mission is being celebrated all over India. The mission aims to develop 300 Rurban clusters. The Niti Aayog has proposed that these clusters are to be extended to 1000 in 3 years.
Answer: 10) B
The fourth National Conference on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana was organized in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Answer: 11) A
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare will launch Tilhan Mission to make the country self-reliant in oilseed production. In addition, the Government of India will create 10,000 farmer producing organizations across the country. 6,000 crores will be provided by the Government of India for this work.
About National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm
There are three mini-missions in this scheme viz. Mini-mission-I, II and III.
Current Oil Seed Scenario in India
Answer: 12) B
Effects of Grey List on Pakistan
About the Financial Action Task Force
FATF has 2 types of lists
1. Black List
2. Grey List
Answer: 13) C
India has been ranked 35 in the World Wide Educating for the Future Index, 2019, recently released by an organization called The Economist Intellligence Unit.
About the Index
The index is based on three categories
Highlights of the index
India and Index
Other report/ index published by Economist Intelligence Unit
Reasons for improving India’s position in index
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.