1. Which country has observed language movement martyrs “Shaheed Dibash” also known as “Amar Ekushey”?
2. Who along with Amarjeet Sinha has been appointed as Advisors to PM?
A. Vivek Kumar
B. Bhaskar Khulbe
C. Arvind Kumar Sharma
D. Tarun Bajaj
3. Who has been appointed as MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank?
A. Sunil Mehta
B. Rajkiran Roy
C. Sunil Gurbaxani
D. PS Jayakumar
4. Which grievance redressal portal of Indian Railways has been awarded Silver under category II of the National e-Governance “Excellence in providing Citizen centric Delivery”?
5. Who was named EY Entrepreneur of the year 2019?
A. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
B. Siddharth Lal
C. Azim Premji
D. Siddharth Lal
6. Who has been facilitated with World Book of Records Golden Era of Bollywood honour?
A. Shashi Kapoor
B. Manoj Kumar
C. Vinod Khanna
D. Amitabh Bachchan
7. Which country is set to host AIBA World Cup 2020?
8. Which scientist was awarded the SERB Women Excellence Award-2020 ?
A. Dr. Neha Biswas
B. Dr. Manisha Chhibber
C. Dr. Manorama Abhishek
D. Dr. Niti Kumar
9. Ashok Chatterjee who passed away recently was a veteran _____.
10. Who won the 34th Cannes Open?
A. Naruha Matsuyuki
B. D Gukesh
C. Navjot Kaur
D. None of these
11. Consider the following statements related to Dairy processing:
1. CCEA raises interest subvention 2.5% under Dairy processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF).
2. This will benefit 85 lakh farmers spread over 50,000 villages from increasing interest subsidy & will also help add new dimensions to the ‘White Revolution’ (rapid development in the area related to milk production).
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to WHO–UNICEF–Lancet Commission:
1. No single country is adequately protecting children’s health, their environment and their future, according to a recently released report by a Commission of more than 30 child and adolescent health experts from around the world.
2. The Commission was convened by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and The Lancet.
13. Consider the following statements related to Great Indian Bustard:
1. Great Indian Bustard, Bengal Florican and Asian Elephant included in Appendix I of CMS.
2. The proposal was accepted by 130 countries that are party to the convention at the ongoing 13th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS COP 13).
14. Consider the following statements:
1. MCA Secretary inaugurates SPICe+ web form.
2. The new web form would facilitate On-screen filing and real time data validation for seamless incorporation of companies.
3. For ensuring ease while filing, SPICe+ has been structured into various sections. Information once entered can be saved and modified.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Answer: 1) A
Bangladesh observed the Shaheed Dibash known as ‘Amar Ekushey’ across the country to pay tribute to the martyrs of language movement. The day is observed as Shaheed Dibash to commemorate the martyrs who were killed in firing by the Pakistani police on 21 February 1952 in Dhaka.
Bangladesh’s Language Movement:
Answer: 2) B
Retired IAS officers Bhaskar Khulbe and Amarjeet Sinha have been appointed as Advisors to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a government order. Both the Indian Administrative Service officers are from the 1983 batch. Khulbe was from the West Bengal cadre and Sinha was from the Bihar cadre. Sinha retired as the Rural Development Secretary last year, while Khulbe has served in the PMO. The appointments have been made on contractual basis initially for a period of two years, or until further orders, the communication said.
Answer: 3) C
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved appointment of Sunil Gurbaxani as managing director and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank. Gurbaxani is working with Axis Bank at present. “RBI has approved the appointment of Sunil Gurbaxani as Managing Director and CEO of the Bank for a period of three years from the date of taking charge,” Dhanlaxmi Bank said in a regulatory filing. Dhanlaxmi Bank was removed from the RBI PCA framework as it was subject to certain conditions and continuous monitoring. The bank reported a 26% rise in net profit to Rs.21.28 crore for the third quarter ended December 2019. The bank had registered a net profit of Rs.16.90 crore during the corresponding period in previous fiscal. Also, the total income of the bank rose to Rs.285.85 crore from Rs.272.16 crore in October-December 2018-19.
Answer: 4) D
RailMadad, the grievance redressal portal of Indian Railways, has been awarded Silver under Category II of National e-Governance Awards – “Excellence in providing Citizen-centric Delivery”. This award was conferred during the 23rd National Conference on e-Governance which was held in Mumbai.
National e-Governance Awards:
Answer: 5) A
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, chairperson and managing director of Bengaluru based biopharmaceutical company Biocon, won EY Entrepreneur of the year award for innovation and has enabled affordable, life-saving medicines. Awards were announced in 9 categories, with the winners coming from both mature industries and unicorns.
Answer: 6) B
Veteran actor Manoj Kumar has been felicitated by the World Book of Records, London with the WBR Golden Era of Bollywood Honour for being a legendary actor and for his contribution to Indian cinema. Kumar was given the award by Santosh Shukla, President, World Book of Records, Vice-President Usman Khan and Professor Rajiv Sharma. Manoj Kumar was awarded the Padma Shri in 1992 by the Government of India and Dada Saheb Phalke in 2015. Manoj is known for his patriotic films. He has given big hits like ‘Hariyali Aur Rasta’, ‘Woh Kaun Thi’, ‘Himalaya Ki Lap Mein’, ‘Upkar’.
Answer: 7) C
Russia will be the first country to host the new format of the AIBA Team World Cup in 2020. The Boxing tournament will be coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the victory in World War II under the motto “Boxing for Peace”. The best national teams all over the world will take part in the tournament. The final match is scheduled in October 2020 in the city of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
Answer: 8) D
Dr Niti Kumar, Senior Scientist from Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow has received SERB Women Excellence Award-2020. Award will be conferred by the President of India during National Science Day Celebrations on February 28, 2020, in Vigyan Bhawan. This award is given to women scientist below 40 years of age. The women researchers will be supported by the research grant of 5 lakhs per annum for 3 years.
Answer: 9) A
Former India footballer Ashok Chatterjee (78 years) passed away in Kolkata. Mr. Chatterjee was part of the Mederka Cup in which our nation bag’s bronze-medal in 1965 and 1966. He was honoured with the Mohun Bagan Lifetime Achievement Award by the football club in 2019.
Answer: 10) B
India’s Grandmaster D Gukesh who is 13-years old emerged champion in the 34th Cannes Open in France. Gukesh defeated Harutyun Bargseghyan of France in the final round in 50 moves to end with 7.5 points. Gukesh became the World’s second youngest Grandmaster in 2019.
Answer: 11) A
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for upward revision of interest subvention from “upto 2%” to “upto 2.5% p.a.” under the scheme Dairy processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF)with the revised outlay of Rs 11184 Cr.
Answer: 12) B
No single country is adequately protecting children’s health, their environment and their future, according to a recently released report by a Commission of more than 40 child and adolescent health experts from around the world. The Commission was convened by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and The Lancet.
Highlights of the Report
India and Report
Answer: 13) C
Great Indian Bustard, Asian Elephant and Bengal Florican have been classified as “endangered migratory species” by a UN body, paving the way for trans-boundary conservation efforts. India’s proposal for inclusion of the three species in the global list for international protection under the UN’s Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species was accepted unanimously.
The proposal was accepted by 130 countries that are party to the convention at the ongoing 13th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS COP 13).
Asian Elephant and impact
The Great Indian Bustard
UN Convention on Migratory Species:
Answer: 14) D
Shri Injeti Srinivas, Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA), today inaugurated the ‘SPICe+’ Web Form here today. As part of Government of India’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiatives, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has notified a new Web Form christened ‘SPICe+’ (pronounced ‘SPICe Plus’) replacing the existing SPICe form. SPICe+ would offer 10 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance) and One State Government (Maharashtra), thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for Starting a Business in India and would be applicable for all new company incorporations.
Following are the features of the new Spice+ web form:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.