1. The Government of India (GoI) is to organize an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Summit called RAISE 2020 in _______.
A. New Delhi
2. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the National Technical Textiles Mission. What amount has been allocated for the mission?
A. 1,200 crore
B. 1,480 crore
C. 2,500 crore
D. 2,700 crores
3. What is India’s rank as most polluted country in the World Air Quality Report 2019 released by the pollution tracker IQAir and Greenpeace?
4. 1st Khelo India Winter Games 2020 was held in which state/ UTs?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Himachal Pradesh
D. Union Territory of Ladakh
5. Which state Government has launched has organised 8-day cultural festival called “Vasantotsav”?
6. Who has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of CIBIL?
A. Satish pillai
B. Rajesh Kumar
C. V. Nair
D. Arun Thukral
7. According to a report by Knight Frank India, which Airport ranks highest in duty-free revenue per passenger?
A. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport Mumbai
B. Chennai International Airport
C. Indira Gandhi International Airport
D. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
8. Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova announced her retirement from tennis, she held from which country?
9. Which is the first state in India to introduce the unified vehicle registration card?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Andhra Pradesh
10. The World NGO day observed every year on ____.
A. 24 February
B. 25 February
C. 26 February
D. 27 February
11. Consider the following statements related to NABARD:
1. NABARD sanctions Rs 400.64 Cr to boost infrastructure in J&K.
2. The fund was set up by the Government of India in 1995-98 for financing ongoing rural Infrastructure projects.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12. Consider the following statements related to Unnat Bharat scheme:
1. The Institutions of Eminence (IoTs) will invite Nobel laureates to their campuses and develop model villages as part of the Unnat Bharat scheme for sustainable development in rural India.
2. Unnat Bharat Abhiyan has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
13. Consider the following statements related to HAL:
1. Defence Minister inaugurates new Light Combat Helicopter production Hangar at HAL Complex.
2. LCH is a 5.5-tonne class combat helicopter designed and developed by HAL.
14. Consider the following statements related to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana:
1. 32 projects sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
2. The objective of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana is to complete agricultural minimization, modernize processing and reduce unnecessary losses of resources during agriculture.
3. The market of processed food is growing at a rate of 8% every year. Therefore, by the end of 2020 it is expected to reach 543 billion USD from 322 billion USD in 2016.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Answer: 1) A
The Indian government on Wednesday announced it will hold RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020’ summit in New Delhi between April 11 and April 12. The RAISE 2020 summit will also host a “Startup Pitchfest.”
First Artificial Intelligence Summit
Answer: 2) B
The government on Wednesday approved setting up of a National Technical Textiles Mission with a total outlay of ₹1,480 crore with a view to position the country as a global leader in technical textiles. The aim of the mission is to position India as a global leader in Technical Textiles. The Mission will have an implementation period of 4 years from FY 2020-21 to 2023-24.
Answer: 3) C
Twenty-one of the world’s 30 cities with the worst air pollution are in India, according to data compiled in IQAir AirVisual’s 2019 World Air Quality Report, with six in the top ten. In this report, India ranks 5th in the ranking given on pollution. Ghaziabad, a satellite city of the capital New Delhi in northern Uttar Pradesh state, is ranked as the world’s most polluted city, with an average air quality index (AQI) of 110.2 in 2019. The World Health Organization estimates that dirty air kills around 7 million people each year, while the World Bank says it drains the global economy of $5 trillion annually. However, National air pollution in India decreased by 20% from 2018 to 2019, with 98% of cities experiencing varying levels of improvement.
Answer: 4) D
The Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the first-ever Khelo India Winter Games in the Union Territory of Ladakh. It is being organized to promote winters sports as well as to harness youth’s talent of India. Open Ice Hockey Championship, Figure Skating, Speed Skating will be the three winter sports held during the Khelo India winter games.
Answer: 5) A
The Eight-day annual cultural fair called “Vasantotsav” was inaugurated on 25 February at Sanskruti Kunj in Gandhinagar by Maharaja Ranjitsinh Gaekwad Institute of Design (MRID). This festival is organized by the Department of Youth and Cultural Affairs to celebrate the rich diverse heritage of the country.
Theme for Vasantotsav 2020 is Ek Bhaart Shreshth Bharat.
Answer: 6) B
TransUnion Cibil, the largest credit information bureau, on Tuesday appointed Rajesh Kumar of HDFC Bank as its new managing director and chief executive.
Kumar succeeds Satish Pillai who has moved to become the president of Asia region business of the US-based company. Prior to joining Cibil, Kumar was the group head for retail credit and risk at HDFC Bank. With two decades of experience at HDFC Bank, he helped the second largest bank grow its retail lending book to $50 billion, leading a team of more than 3,000 officers. In his role as the MD and chief executive, Kumar will be responsible for steering Cibil India’s business into the next phase by ensuring it continues to support the domestic finance industry and consumers.
Answer: 7) C
The duty-free revenue per passenger for Indira Gandhi International Airport is highest in India at 10 to 11 dollars per passenger. According to a report by Knight Frank India, retailers do two times the business compared to some of the most successful city malls. The share non-aeronautical revenue of the joint venture airport in New Delhi is at 70 per cent, well above the global average of 40 per cent. From this 70 per cent, 34 per cent comes from retail, food and beverage, and duty free components.
Answer: 8) D
Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova announced her retirement from tennis at the age of 32. This Russian tennis player won her first Grand Slam at Wimbledon in 2004 aged 17.She became world number one in 2005 and won the US Open in 2006.
Answer: 9) A
Madhya Pradesh became the first state to launch Unified Vehicle Registration Card in India. These cards will have exhaustive information on both sides with a unique number, emergency contact number and QR code for data verification. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) issued the guidelines regarding uniformity in driving licenses and vehicle registration cards across the country in March 2019.
Answer: 10) D
World NGO Day is an international day annually observed on 27 February .The purpose of World NGO Day is to encourage people to be actively involved in NGOs and encourage more synergy between NGOs and both the public and private sectors.In 2010, 12 members of the Baltic Sea NGO Forum were officially recognized by the nations.In 2014, the United Nations, European Union leaders and international organizations marked the day for the first time.
Answer: 11) A
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned an amount of 400.64 crore rupees to UT of J&K during the current financial year for giving a boost to the infrastructure in the rural areas.
About the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The activities to be financed under RIDF as classified under three broad categories namely
Answer: 12) B
The Institutions of Eminence (IoEs) will invite Nobel laureates to their campuses and develop model villages as part of the Unnat Bharat scheme for sustainable development in rural India.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
The objectives of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan are broadly two-fold:
About the Institutions of Eminence Scheme
Answer: 13) C
About Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Answer: 14) D
Thirty-two projects, spread across 17 states and leveraging an investment of Rs 406 crore were sanctioned in the inter-ministerial approval committee under the ‘Unit’ scheme of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana(PMKSY) headed by Food Processing Industries minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
Objectives of the scheme
What will be the effect?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.