1. Which State has decided to conserve the native species of domesticated animals through genetic study?
2. What is the name of Exam Center locator app launched by CBSE?
A. CBSE exam
B. CBSE ESL
C. Ease Exam
D. Loc CBSE
3. Which corporation has launched Unified Payment Interface (UPI) awareness campaign “UPI Chalega”?
4. Which Public Sector Bank and Microsoft have joined hands to train differently abled people to find jobs in banking, financial services and insurance sector?
A. Uco bank
B. Punjab National Bank
C. Bank of Baroda
D. State Bank of India
5. Who has been appointed as new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC)?
A. Abhay Kumar Singh
B. Gajendra Kumar Singh
C. Gobinda Baidya
D. Ratish Kumar
6. Offshore patrol vessel-6 ‘Vajra’ was launched at which place?
7. Which company will use ISRO’s NavIC navigation technology in its upcoming smartphones for the first time in the world?
8. Finance Secretary introduced Baroda Startup Banking in how many cities?
A. 18 cities
B. 17 cities
C. 16 cities
D. 15 cities
9. Who among the following was recently named as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi?
A. SN Shrivastava
B. Amit Pradhan
C. Devendra Nath
D. SK Chaturvedi
10. At which place did the Defence Minister inaugurate the new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at Helicopter Division in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Complex ?
11. Consider the following statements:
1. ICoSDiTAUS 2020 concluded in New Delhi.
2. ICoSDiTAUS-2020 is the biggest ever international event dedicated to the standardization of Diagnosis and Terminologies of Traditional Medicine in terms of the broad level of participation covering virtually all the continents.
3. The conference highlighted the power of TM systems and their significance to address the public health challenges of the 22st century.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related:
1. Market Intelligence and Early Warning System launched to monitor prices of TOP crops
2. It was announced in the budget speech of 2019-20 on the line of “Operation Flood”, to promote Farmer Producers Organizations, agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
3. It is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform for ‘real-time monitoring’ of prices of tomato, onion and potato (TOP) and for simultaneously generating alerts for intervention under the terms of the Operation Greens (OG) scheme.
13. Consider the following statements related to Henneguya salminicola:
1. An international team of researchers has recently found a multicellular animal with no mitochondrial DNA, making it the only known animal to exist without the need to breathe oxygen.
2. It is a tiny, less than 10-celled parasite lives in salmon muscle.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Raksha Mantri has inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at Helicopter Division in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Complex at maglur.
2. It is a 6-tonne class combat helicopter designed and developed by HAL.
Answer: 1) A
Maharashtra government has decided to undertake the genetic study for the conservation of the native species of domesticated animals. The genetic study aims to conserve the native species of domesticated animals in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
Answer: 2) B
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released Exam Centre Locator app-CBSE ECL which is an android based mobile app (available on play store) that can be used by students to locate their examination centre. The app will also measure the distance between current location and examination centre. CBSE has also launched an Online Exam Center Management System-OECMS for the school Principals of the school to get real time information in a single click.
Answer: 3) C
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched an industry campaign named “UPI Chalega” to promote UPI as Easy, Safe, and Instant mode of payment. The “UPI Chalega” campaign is aimed to guide users towards the right usage of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and help create a habitual change, use of UPI in their daily life. NPCI has launched the campaign in association with the payment ecosystem players. The UPI, which is a real time fund transfer interface, has significantly scaled since its launch in August 2016 when 92,000 transactions worth Rs 3.1 crore were processed on the NPCI operated platform to over 1.3 billion transactions worth Rs 2.16 trillion in January 2020.
Answer: 4) D
Microsoft announced a partnership with State Bank of India to train differently-abled people to find jobs in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector. Over 500 differently-abled youths will be upskilled in the first year of the collaboration. As a part of this partnership, SBI Foundation and Microsoft will develop an artificial intelligence-powered market so that the BFSI industry can connect more easily with differently-abled people for employment opportunities.
Answer: 5) A
State-run hydro power giant NHPC on Monday announced appointment of Abhay Kumar Singh as the company’s Chairman & Managing Director . He will replace Ratish Kumar. He completed his civil engineering studies from NIT (National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal) in 1983. He worked as a probationary executive in the Tanakpur HE (hydro-electric) project at NFPC in 1985 during his career and has been instrumental in many hydroelectric projects for 35 years.
Answer: 6) B
OPV-6 Vajra, also known as ‘Yard 45006 Vajra’, is launched was formally launched in the presence of Union Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya and senior government officials to enhance coastal security at Chennai.
Answer: 7) C
Chinese tech major Xiaomi will bring ISRO’s Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System, NavIC technology to its smartphones. The capability has been currently enabled by Qualcomm Technologies Inc on several of their Qualcomm Snapdragon Mobile Platforms and will be made available across multiple Xiaomi smartphones in India.
NavIC technology in Xiaomi
Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC)
Answer: 8) D
Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar inaugurated “Baroda Startup Banking” across 15 cities. It is an initiative focused on making the Bank of Baroda (BoB) a preferred banking partner for the start-up community while connecting it to at least 2,000 start-ups for the next two years.
These products include start-up current accounts, state-of-the-art payment gateways, corporate credit cards, corporate pay accounts and loan facilities, among other current products of the bank. In addition to end-to-end banking solutions for start-ups, the bank will also ensure that partnerships with marquee service providers for cloud credits, mentorship, co-working place, legal / accounting services and other services By meeting the supporting needs of start-ups.
Bank of Baroda
Answer: 9) A
Senior IPS Officer (1985 batch) of Arunachal-Goa-Mizoram Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre , S N Shrivastava will hold the additional charge as Delhi Police Commissioner succeeding Amulya Patnaik. He was serving as a Special Director General in Central Reserve Police Force.
Answer: 10) B
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at Helicopter Division in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Complex at Bengaluru, Karnataka. In the last five years, India has made significant progress towards manufacturing military equipment indigenously under the ‘Make in India’ initiative. Rajnath Singh commended HAL for being the backbone of the Indian Air Force and meeting the requirements of the Armed Forces.LCH is a 5.5-tonne class combat helicopter designed and developed by HAL.LCH has the distinction of being the first attack helicopter to land in Forward Bases at Siachen, 4,700 mts above sea level with 500kg load.
Answer: 11) A
An International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine (ICoSDiTAUS-2020) was concluded in New Delhi. The conference was held from 25-26 February 2020.
The sixteen countries which came together for the cause of Traditional Medicine at this conference are Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Serbia, Curacao, Cuba, Myanmar, Equatorial Guinea, Qatar, Ghana, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, India, Switzerland, Iran, Jamaica and Japan.
The New Delhi declaration emphasised the commitment of the countries to Traditional Medicine as a significant area of health care. It further sought the opportunity for including traditional systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha in the International Classification of Diseases of WHO which is the standard diagnostic tool for health management across the world.
Topics discussed at the conference include:
Traditional medicine faces challenges in its calculation and classification.
Answer: 12) B
Union Minister of Food Processing Industries has launched the– Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal.
About the Portal
The salient features of the MIEWS portal include:
About the Operation Green
Answer: 13) C
An international team of researchers has recently found a multicellular animal with no mitochondrial DNA, making it the only known animal to exist without the need to breathe oxygen. The mitochondria are known as the powerhouse of the cell or kitchen of the cell where oxygen is captured to make energy.
About the Henneguya salminicola
Answer: 14) D
About Light Combat Helicopter
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.