1. Who has been appointed as PM of Malaysia?
A. Muhyiddin bin Haji Muhammad Yassin
B. Najib Razak
C. Mahathir bin Mohammad
D. Mohammad Ajmin Ali
2. In which city has Indian Railways launched its first “Restaurant on Wheels”?
D. New Delhi
3. Recently ‘Varad’ was commissioned in Chennai. What is this?
A. Nuclear submarine
B. Aircraft carrier
C. Offshore Petrol Vessel
D. Ocean Research Vessel
4. At which place did Lok Sabha Speaker Shri Om Birla launch the “Suposhit Maa Abhiyan?
C. New Delhi
5. Where did the United States signed a deal with the Taliban that could pave the way for a full withdrawal of foreign soldiers from Afghanistan over the next 14 months ?
D. Washington DC
6. Dronacharya awardee Joginder Singh Saini, who died recently, was the chief coach of the:
A. Indian hockey team
B. Indian athletics team
C. Indian archery team
D. Indian Shooting team
7. Who has been conferred with Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee award?
A. J.S Khanderao
B. Vasudev Kamath
C. Sarbananda Sonowal
D. Jagannath Pandath
8. Zero Discrimination Day observed every year on ____.
A. 24 February
B. 25 February
C. 26 February
D. 1 March
9. In which place was the new explosive detection device ‘Raider-X’ unveiled?
10. Who has been appointed as CEO of Nokia?
A. Sunil Mehta
B. Pekka Lundmark
C. Abhay Kumar Singh
D. PS Jayakumar
11. Consider the following statements related to Afghanistan’s Taliban, US sign agreement:
1. Afghanistan’s Taliban, US sign agreement aimed at ending war.
2. This agreement will lead to the phased withdrawal of thousands of American troops from Afghanistan.
3. America has about 12 thousand soldiers in Afghanistan.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Seventeen new planets, including one Earth-sized world discovered.
2. It has a year that is 132 and a half days long. It orbits its star at 0.444 Astronomical Units (AU).
3. The current findings include a rare planet named KIC-7340288 b.
13. Consider the following statements related to Project Monitoring Group (PMG) Portal:
1. The Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal, chaired a meeting for the review of 17 large-size infrastructure projects in Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), New Delhi.
2. Project Monitoring Group (PMG) is an institutional mechanism of DPIIT to expedite resolution of issues and removal of regulatory bottlenecks in projects.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. ADB sanctions 4 million USD to members countries to contain Corona Virus.
2. Outside China, the virus has spread to Iran, Italy and South Korea. More than 84,000 people in 56 countries have been infected.
3. So far 2,900 people have died because of the virus.
Answer: 1) A
Muhyiddin Yassin ( 72-years) took the oath of office as the country’s new Prime Minister of Malaysia. Muhyiddin had served as deputy Prime Minister under former premier Najib Razak from 2009 to 2015.The announcement came hours after Mahathir struck a new deal to work with his former ruling alliance led by rival Anwar Ibrahim. The prime minister of Malaysia is the head of government and the highest political office in Malaysia.
Mahatir Mohammad’s resignation
The reason for Mahathir’s resignation
Answer: 2) B
Indian Railways launched its first ‘Restaurant on Wheels’ at Asansol Railway station in West Bengal for the use of Railway passengers as well as the general public of Asansol. The Restaurant on Wheels in Asansol station circulating area was developed by refurbishing two overaged MEMU coaches. This unique effort will not only improve the facilities at Asansol station but also generate non-fare revenue earnings of approximately Rs 50 lakh in the next five years. He also inaugurated two new air-conditioned Retiring Rooms and Electronic Reservation Chart Display System and a battery-operated car at Asansol station.
Answer: 3) C
The Indian Coast Guard’s Offshore Patrol Vessel, ICGS Varad was commissioned into service by Union Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya at a function held at Chennai Port . The Director-General of the Coast Guard, K Natarajan was also present on the occasion.
About ICGS Varad:
Indian Coast Guard
Answer: 4) D
Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyaan’ in his Loksabha Constituency Kota, Rajasthan. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Irani was also present in the program. Mr Birla appealed to every section of the society to cooperate in the malnutrition-free India campaign. Keeping newborn and pregnant women healthy is the main objective of the ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyaan ‘.
Answer: 5) A
US officials and Taliban representatives have signed an agreement after months of negotiations in Doha that is aimed at ending the United States’s longest war, fought in Afghanistan since 2001.The US and NATO troops would withdraw from Afghanistan within 14 months.
Invited as observer of India
What is the agreement?
Answer: 6) B
Veteran athletics coach and Dronacharya awardee Joginder Singh Saini (90-years) passed away in Patiala due to age-related problems. Mr. Saini remained the chief national athletics coach for many years from the 1970s to 90s. Saini received the Dronacharya Award in 1997 for his contribution to Indian athletics. Saini was a science graduate and became an athletics coach in 1954.
Answer: 7) C
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was presented the prestigious Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee award 2020 for Politics at the 6th India Ideas Conclave in Gujarat. The award, instituted by India Foundation carries a citation, a specially designed trophy and a cheque worth Rs. one lakh. The award was presented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Speaker of People’s Majlis of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed.
Syama Prasad Mukherjee:
Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee award:
Answer: 8) D
Zero Discrimination Day is observed annually on 1 March by the United Nations Programme on HIV & AIDS (UNAIDS). Zero Discrimination Day highlights how people can become informed about and promote inclusion, compassion and peace.
Zero Discrimination Day is helping to create a global movement of solidarity to end all forms of discrimination. On the Day this year, UNAIDS is challenging the
Answer: 9) A
RaIDer-X, a new explosive detection device, was unveiled at the National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED-2020) in Pune. It has the capability to detect explosives from a stand-off distance. Bulk explosive in a concealed condition can also be detected by the device. RaIDer-X has been co-developed by High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) Pune and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Answer: 10) B
Pekka Lundmark has been appointed as the CEO (Chief executive officer) of Nokia. Present Nokia Chief Executive Mr. Rajeev Suri will leave his current position on 31st August 2020 and continue to serve as an advisor to the Nokia board until 1st January 2021. Nokia faces intense competition from Sweden’s Ericsson and China’s Huawei in the race to deliver 5G telecoms networks to operators around the world.
Answer: 11) A
US officials and Taliban representatives have signed an agreement after months of negotiations in Doha that is aimed at ending the United States’s longest war, fought in Afghanistan since 2001.
Answer: 12) B
University of British Columbia (UBC) Astronomy Student Michelle Kunimoto has discovered 17 new planets, including a potentially habitable, Earth-sized world, by combing through data gathered by NASA’s Kepler mission. Over its original four-year mission, the Kepler satellite looked for planets, especially those that lie in the “habitable zones” of their stars, where liquid water could exist on a rocky planet’s surface. The new finding, published in The Astronomical Journal, include one such particularly rare planet. Officially named KIC-7340288 b, the planet discovered by Michelle Kunimoto is just one and a half times the size of Earth — small enough to be considered rocky, instead of gaseous like the giant planets of the Solar System — and in the habitable zone of its star.
Kepler was launched in 2009
Answer: 13) C
The Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal, chaired a meeting for the review of 17 large-size infrastructure projects in Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), New Delhi.
About the Project Monitoring Group
Answer: 14) D
The Asian Development Bank is to provide 4 million USD to member countries in Asia and Pacific to contain COVID-19, the Corona Virus. The fund is being allocated for buying emergency supplies, assessing health systems, improve resilience and respond to animal human disease outbreaks.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.