1. Which player has been banned for 8 years who even won 3 gold medals in olympics?
A. Sun Yang
B. Lebron james
C. Russell Wilson
D. Stephen Curry
2. Who has been conferred with Raja Ravi Varma award for year 2020?
A. Vasudev Kamath
B. J.S. Khanderao
C. Sneedha Seth
D. Jagannavath Pandi
3. Which city hosted the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela 2020?
C. New Delhi
4. What is the theme of World Wildlife day 2020?
A. Save wildlife
B. Fire and Wild
C. Save wildlife from Fire
D. Sustaining all life on Earth
5. Which of the following city is hosting the week-long “EKAM Fest” festival?
A. New Delhi
6. Balbir Singh Kullar, who passed away recently, was associated with which profession?
7. Which of the following Indian State hosted the “Chilli Festival”?
C. Madhya pradesh
8. Which of the following State Government has decided to reduce retirement age of Govt Employees to 58 years?
B. Uttar Pradesh
9. Which university won the Khelo India University Games 2020?
A. Punjab University
B. Delhi University
C. Jawaharlal Nehru University
D. Banaras Hindu University
10. The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) recently lifted the one-year ban imposed on which Indian boxer?
A. Mukesh Singh
B. Sumit Sangwan
C. Ajay Verma
D. Devendra Malik
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Dholavira: A Harappan City’ and ‘Monuments and Forts of Deccan Sultanate.
2. It is an archaeological site at Khadirbet in Bhachau Taluka of Kutch District, in the state of Gujarat.
3. The Deccan sultanates were Eight dynasties that ruled late medieval kingdoms, namely, Bijapur, Golkonda, Ahmadnagar, Bidar, and Berar in south-western India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. India sign 40 million USD defence deal with Armenia.
2. It provides fast, automatic and accurate location of enemy weapons like shells, mortars, and rockets in its 60-km range.
3. The SWATHI weapon will help in locating radars.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Tripura Govt and AAI sign MoU for construction of 6 equipment hiring centers.
2. The types of equipment will be rented out to the needy farmers, Self Help Groups and to any other needy at a minimal cost.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Telescopes detect ‘biggest explosion since Big Bang’.
2. The source of the gigantic eruption to jets has carved out a large cavity in the hot gas.
3. The amount of energy required to create the cavity in Ophiuchus far exceeded the previous record holder, a cluster known by the designation MS 0735+74.
Answer: 1) A
Chinese swimmer Sun Yang was banned for eight years and will miss the 2020 Tokyo Olympics because he broke anti-doping rules in a late-night incident in which a blood sample container was smashed with a hammer. The Court of Arbitration for Sport found the three-time Olympic champion guilty of refusing to cooperate with sample collectors during a visit to his home in September 2018 that turned confrontational.
Answer: 2) B
The Raja Ravi Varma State Award was conferred on veteran painter from Kalaburagi, Prof. J.S. Khanderao (for the year 2019) and senior artist from Mumbai, Vasudev Kamath (2020).
Raja Ravi Varma State Award:
Governor of Karnataka: Vajubhai Vala.
Chief Minister of Karnataka: BS Yediyurappa
Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru.
Answer: 3) C
The Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela-2020 in New Delhi. During the ceremony, he called for the retention of talent in Agriculture.
Answer: 4) D
World Wildlife Day is observed globally on 3rd of March every year to celebrate the beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora present on earth. The World Wildlife Day also raise awareness about the benefits that the conservation of wild fauna and flora provides to people living on earth. This year the World Wildlife Day is being celebrated under the Theme: Sustaining all Life on Earth.
World Wildlife Day: History
Significance of the theme
It also includes use of natural resources in support of the following Sustainable Development Goals
Answer: 5) A
“EKAM Fest” has been organised in New Delhi to promote Craftsmanship & Products of Divyang Artisans and Entrepreneurs. National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) has organised the exhibition-cum-Fair under the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry.
Answer: 6) B
Former Indian hockey player and Olympian Balbir Singh Kullar passed away. Kullar was part of the Indian side which bagged a bronze medal in the 1968 Mexico Olympics. He was born in the Sansarpur village of the Jalandhar district in 1942.He made his India debut in 1963 in Lyon, France. He gained a reputation as an inside forward in the Indian team and toured several countries like Belgium, England, Netherlands, New Zealand, and West Germany.
Answer: 7) C
The two-day unique Chilli Festival has begun at Kasrawad in Khargone district, Madhya Pradesh. The Chilli Festival is a big business opportunity for traders, investors and exporters. It will also help in fulfilling the Central Government’s goal of doubling the income of farmers. Nimar and Malwa regions are the highest chilli producing regions of the state.
Answer: 8) D
The Punjab government has decided to reduce the retirement age of government employees from 60 to 58 years. The announcement was made by Finance Minister of Punjab, Manpreet Badal to boost jobs in the state.
Answer: 9) A
The Khelo India University Games concluded in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Panjab University, Chandigarh took home the champions trophy-winning 46 medals including 17 gold, 19 silver, and 10 bronze. Savitribai Phule Pune University claimed the second position and Punjabi University, Patiala declared as the second runners up. Panjab University won a total of 46 medals while Savitribai Phule Pune University won 37 medals including 17 gold, 11 silver, and 9 bronze medals.
On the last day of the games, India’s fastest woman Dutee Chand representing Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, clinched gold medal with a timing of 23.66 seconds in the 200m final.
Answer: 10) B
Former Asian silver medalist boxer Sumit Sangwan proved before National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) that he had inadvertently consumed the banned substance. After that NADA decided to lift the one-year doping ban imposed on him.
Answer: 11) A
Government of India has submitted two nomination dossiers namely ‘Dholavira: A Harappan City’ and ‘Monuments and Forts of Deccan Sultanate’ for inclusion in the World Heritage List for the year 2020
About Monuments and Forts of the Deccan Sultanate
Answer: 12) B
In a significant victory for the country’s defence sector, India beat Russia and Poland to bag a $40 million defence deal to supply locally-built weapon locating radars to Armenia in Europe.
Answer: 13) C
Tripura State Government and Airport Authority of India has signed a memorandum of understanding for the construction of six equipment hiring centers in Manu Block under the Dhalai District of Tripura. The project has been taken as part of AAI’s Corporate Social Responsibility scheme. In the equipment hiring centers, equipment related to agriculture, animal husbandry and fisheries will be kept. The types of equipment will be rented out to the needy farmers, Self Help Groups and to any other needy at a minimal cost.
Answer: 14) D
Researchers have detected evidence of a colossal explosion in space which is five times bigger than anything observed before. The huge release of energy is expected to have occurred from a supermassive black hole which is located around some 390 million light-years from Earth. Also, the scientists stated that the explosion might have left a giant dent in the Ophiuchus galaxy cluster.
Ophiuchus galaxy cluster
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.