1. Which of the following city will host the World Productivity Congress 2020?
B. New Delhi
2. What is the name of the recently launched app by Government that will provide doorstep delivery of diesel?
A. Diesel at door
3. What is the theme of the World Hearing day 2020?
A. Keeping all life on earth sustainable
B. Peace for all
C. Hearing for life. Do not limit hearing loss to you.
D. Sustainable hearing
4. Which of the following State’s assembly has implemented E-Vidhan under Digital India Program?
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Arunachal Pradesh
5. National Chambal Sanctuary is situated in which of the following states?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
6. What is the name of the mutual fund launched by OPPO?
A. OPPO MF
B. KASH OPPO
C. Fund oppo
D. Paisa oppo
7. Which of the following city’s Historic square has been renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’?
8. Which of the following country has taken over the presidency of UN Security Council for March 2020?
9. Who has been appointed as the Finance Secretary of India?
A. Ajay Bhushan Pandey
B. Pradeep Kumar Sinha
C. Ajay Bhalla
D. Rajiv Kumar
10. National Safety Day observed every year on ____.
A. 3 March
B. 4 March
C. 26 February
D. 25 February
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Punjab CM promises to protect Sukhna Lake.
2. It also declared all citizens of Chandigarh as loco parentis (in the place of a parent) to save the lake from extinction.
3. In Uttarakhand high court, justice Sharma was part of a bench in 2018.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Govt to establish National Interlinking of Rivers Authority (NIRA).
2. The National River Interlinking Project will comprise of 30 links to connect 47 rivers across the nation through a network of nearly 3000 storage dams to form a gigantic South Asian Water Grid.
3. The linkage will transfer surplus flows of the Kosi, Gandak and Ghagra to the west.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Cabinet nod for banking game-changer, 10 PSBs to turn into four big banks.
2. According to the central government, the Mega consolidation would help create banks with scale comparable to global banks and capable of competing effectively in India and globally.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: 1) A
The 19th edition of World Productivity Congress (WPC) will be held from May 6 to May 8, 2020, in Bengaluru, Karnataka. World Productivity Congress is the world’s largest convention for productivity development that shape future productivity growth.
Theme of 19th Productivity Congress 2020: “Industry 4.0 – Innovation and Productivity”.
The theme represents the 4th Industrial Revolution & innovations based on AI (Artificial Intelligence), IoT (Internet of things) and connectivity in industry, advanced manufacturing & the service sectors to increase productivity in a sustainable manner.
World Confederation of Productivity Science (WCPS)
The 2 branches of WCPS are
Answer: 2) B
Labour of Minister Santosh Gangwar has launched a mobile application named ‘Fuel Humsafar’ for delivery of diesel at doorsteps of Housing societies, hotels and hospitals in the national capital region. The app will be used for the fuel delivery services to housing societies, hotels, hospitals, malls, construction sites, industries, banquets and other bulk buyers of diesel in various NCR cities, including Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Noida, Faridabad, Hapur, Kundli, Manesar, and Bahadurgarh. Humsafar has 12 bowser tankers in varying capacity from 4 kilolitres to 6 kilolitres and an experienced team of 35 people.
Answer: 3) C
World Hearing Day is observed globally on 3rd of March every year to raise awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
About the Day
Answer: 4) D
The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly went paperless with the implementation of e-Vidhan, a project under the Digital India programme. Now, MLAs can access every information regarding the Assembly, see the list of business, read questions and other documents pertaining to House proceedings through their laptops & tablet. Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is the ”nodal ministry” for the implementation of e-Vidhan in all the 31 states and UT of the country.
Answer: 5) A
The government of India declared the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ). The Sanctuary is the home of Gangetic dolphins and 75 per cent population of critically endangered species gharial. It also harbours 180 species of migratory birds and freshwater Gangetic Dolphins.
Being declared as Eco-Sensitive Zone, construction of resorts, hotels or other residential and industrial activities are prohibited. The Sanctuary begins in the Vindhyan Ranges, extends along the Chambal river and ends in Yamuna river. It is spread across Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
What is Eco-Sensitive Zone?
Answer: 6) B
China-based consumer electronics firm and smartphone manufacturer OPPO recently announced its mutual fund platform named ‘KASH’. The ‘OPPO Kash’ service, which will be pre-installed in all OPPO smartphones, will offer users to invest in mutual funds. The platform will also provide free credit reports, personal loans up to two lakh, business loans up to ₹2 crore and screen insurance.
Answer: 7) C
The historic City Chowk, the commercial hub in old Jammu renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’. The renaming of the chowk drew, people urged the JMC to focus more on development and cleanliness rather than changing names. Every year people are hoisting the tricolour on Republic and Independence days in this chowk.
The starting point of the circular road (Panjtirthi in the city) was named by the JMC as ‘Atal Chowk’.
Answer: 8) D
China has taken over the presidency of the UN Security Council for the month of March 2020 from Belgium to promote solidarity and cooperation in this capacity.
China is the permanent member of UN. The United Nations Security Council was established by the UN Charter. The council was established with the primary responsibility of maintaining international peace and security. The United Nations Security Council constitutes of 15 members out of which five are permanent while 10 are non-permanent members which are elected for two-year terms. The presidency of the council rotates every month among its 15 members.
Answer: 9) A
Revenue secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary of India replacing Rajiv Kumar by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. Ajay Kumar, IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre (1984 batch), had earlier worked as chief executive officer of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the organization behind the Aadhaar.
Answer: 10) B
National Safety Day is celebrated on 4 March commemorating the foundation day of the National Safety Council of India. National Safety Week campaign is organized from 4 March to highlight the safety measures required to reduce the accidents and any kind of mishaps.
History of National Safety Council of India
Answer: 11) A
The Punjab and Haryana high court has recently declared Sukhna Lake a “living entity” or “legal person” with rights, duties and liabilities of a living person. It also declared all citizens of Chandigarh as loco parentis (in the place of a parent) to save the lake from extinction. The court observed that Sukhna Lake is required to be declared as a legal entity for its survival, preservation and conservation. The Chandigarh administration has been directed to declare it a wetland within a period of three months.
Answer: 12) B
The Central government is working on the establishment of an exclusive body called the National Interlinking of Rivers Authority to implement projects for linking rivers. Ken-Betwa river link entails a 231-kilometre canal between the two rivers in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.The project is running through the Panna Tiger Reserve.
Function of the National Interlinking of Rivers Authority
It includes two components:
Himalayan Rivers Development Component
Southern Water Grid
National Water Development Agency
Answer: 13) C
The Union Cabinet on March 4, 2020 approved the mega consolidation of ten Public Sector Banks (PSBs) into four. These four are:
Effective from 1 April 2020
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.