1. Who has become the first Indian to receive Saudi Arabia’s premium residency “Green Card”?
A. M A Yusuff Ali
B. Shahrukh Khan
C. Sachin Tendulkar
D. Ahmed Patel
2. Janushadhi week was celebrated between:
A. 2–9 March, 2020
B. 1-7 March, 2020
C. 3-10 March, 2020
D. 5-11 March 2020
3. Who among the following has been appointed as the key member of US-COVID task force?
A. Reema Verma
B. Reena Verma
C. Seema Verma
D. Sangeeta Verma
4. Whose deputy governor N. s. Viswanathan resigns?
C. Radhav Raj
D. S. Viswanathan
5. Who among the following has been appointed the New Chairman of BCCI’s Selection Committee?
A. Sunil Joshi
B. Anil Singh
C. Gagan Khoda
D. None of these
6. Where will the International Olympic Committee session 2023 be hosted?
7. Where was the Indian Army’s International Seminar “Pragyan Conclave 2020” begins?
8. Which country will lead the science, technology and innovation sector at BIMSTEC?
D. Sri Lanka
9. Javier Perez de Cuellar, who passed away recently, was associated with which Profession?
A. UN Chief
10. The RBI has issued a withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 for the account holders of which bank?
B. Yes Bank
D. IndusInd Bank
11. Consider the following statements related to Second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen):
1. Second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) launched.
2. The second phase will focus on sustaining the gains made under the programme in the last five years in terms of toilet access and usage, ensuring that no one is left behind.
3. Clean India mission was launched in October 2012 with the objective of achieving universal sanitation coverage and focusing on cleanliness.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Côte d’lvoire for cooperation in the field of Health.
2. Recently India provides assistance to built Mahatma Gandhi Information Technology and Biotechnology Park (MGIT-BP) at Grand-Bassam in Cote d’Ivoire.
3. Cote d’Ivoire is also known as Ivory Coast is located on the East coast of West Africa.
13. Consider the following statements related to Central Adoption Resource Authority:
1. The Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) has invited suggestions and feedback for simplification of the adoption process from all stakeholders.
2. Hague Adoption Convention is also known as the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Lok Sabha passes Direct Tax Vivaad Se Vishwas Bill:
1. The Lok Sabha passed the Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme Bill, opening doors for taxpayers to end pending disputes by paying the tax amount, with interest and penalties waived off, till March 31.
2. The direct tax bill 2020 was tabled in the lower house of the Parliament on March 2.
3. It was announced during the Union Budget 2020 presentation and received the approval of the Union Cabinet on February 12.
Answer: 1) A
Abu Dhabi-based Indian retail tycoon M A Yusuff Ali has become the first Indian to receive Saudi Arabia’s premium residency, his office said in a statement. Yusuff Ali, 64, is the chairman of the LuLu Group, who was ranked the richest expat in the UAE by the Forbes magazine last year. The permit, informally known as Saudi Green Card, grants expatriates the right to live, work and own business and property in the Kingdom without need for a sponsor, the LULU group said in a statement.
Answer: 2) B
Janaushadhi week is being celebrated across the country from 1st March to 7th March 2020. On this occasion various activities like health checkup Camp, Jan Aushadhi Paricharcha, Jan Aushadhi ka sath are being undertaken by Janaushadhi Camps. Event on women’s empowerment with the theme ‘Suvidha Se Sammaan’ was held on this occasion.
Janaushadhi Pari yojana:
Answer: 3) C
Leading Indian American health policy consultant Seema Verma has been appointed as one of the key members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force constituted by US President Donald Trump to combat Corona Virus. The task force is led by Secretary, Health and Human Services Alex Azar. World Health Organisation (WHO) confirmed 89,527 COVID-19 cases and 3,056 deaths reported globally in 67 countries.
Coronavirus Task Force
Answer: 4) D
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor N S Viswanathan, has quit three months ahead of his superannuation, on health grounds. As a deputy governor, he was looking after key departments such as banking regulation, co-operative banking, non-banking regulation, deposit insurance, financial stability and inspection.
Answer: 5) A
Former India spinner Sunil Joshi is selected as the chairman of the national selection panel by the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) replacing MSK Prasad. Along with him, former fast bowler Harvinder Singh replaces Gagan Khoda in the panel as the committee member. The CAC comprised of Madan Lal, RP Singh and Sulakshana Naik.
Answer: 6) B
Mumbai will be hosting the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) session in 2023. The announcement was passed by IOC president Thomas Bach.
International Olympic Committee (IOC)
Answer: 7) C
The Indian Army’s International Seminar “Pragyan Conclave 2020” held at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS). The 2-day event (4-5 March) with 4 sessions brings together cross-domain national and international experts to deliberate on the complex subject. The overall theme of the seminar is ‘Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military’.
Answer: 8) D
Sri Lanka will lead the science, technology and innovation sector in the BIMSTEC and a facility for technology transfer is planned to be opened in the future. This was agreed during the 20th Session of the senior officials’ meeting chaired by Sri Lankan Foreign Secretary Ravinatha Aryasinha in Colombo. Sri Lanka,will also appoint a Director to the BIMSTEC secretariat in June. Sri Lanka is mandated to lead the sector on Science, Technology and Innovation under which cooperation in Technology, health and human resource development is also included. Bangladesh was mandated to lead Trade, Investment and Development, Bhutan – Environment and Climate Change, Myanmar – Agriculture and Food Security, India – Security (Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime, Disaster Management & Energy), Nepal – People to people contact (culture, tourism, forums of Think Thanks, Media etc) and Thailand – Connectivity.
Answer: 9) A
Former UN Chief Javier Perez de Cuellar, who served as United Nations Secretary General from 1981 to 1991, passed away in Peru at the age of 100.Perez de Cuellar notably led the world body during the Iran-Iraq war and the civil war in El Salvador.He was often described as a pacifist by vocation and nature.
Javier Perez de Cuellar
Answer: 10) B
The government has imposed a withdrawal limit of 50,000 rupees for depositors of private lender Yes Bank for one month. The cap will stay in effect till 3rd of April.
The limit on withdrawal comes with a few exemptions, in cases like medical emergency, higher education, marriage and unavoidable emergency. Yes Bank’s board has been superseded for a period of 30 days owing to serious deterioration in the financial position of the private lender. RBI has assured depositors of Yes Bank that that their interest will be fully protected and there is no need to panic. In another development, SBI Board has given the State Bank of India in-principle approval to invest in the capital-starved Yes Bank.
Answer: 11) A
The Union Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched the second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) at the National Dissemination and Consultation workshop in New Delhi. During the launch, the Minister praised the successful implementation of the mission’s first phase and stated that the cabinet approval to the phase-II of the mission is a great recognition to the achievements made under the first phase.
About the second phase of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen)
Clean India Mission (SBM)
Impact of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen)
Answer: 12) B
The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire on Cooperation in the field of Health. Recently India provides assistance to built Mahatma Gandhi Information Technology and Biotechnology Park (MGIT-BP) at Grand-Bassam in Cote d’Ivoire.
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
The Project consists of two parts–
Answer: 13) C
Recently the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) has invited suggestions and feedback for simplification of the adoption process from all stakeholders.
Central Adoption Resource Authority
Hague Adoption Convention
Answer: 14) D
The Lok Sabha passed the Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme Bill, opening doors for taxpayers to end pending disputes by paying the tax amount, with interest and penalties waived off, till March 31.The direct tax bill 2020 was tabled in the lower house of the Parliament on March 2. It was announced during the Union Budget 2020 presentation and received the approval of the Union Cabinet on February 12.
Vivad se Vishwas Bill: Objective
Who can take advantage of the scheme?
Vivad se Vishwas Bill: Key Details
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.