1. Where Will host Badminton Asia Championships ?
2. Who signed the MoU for Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana?
C. Pay ATM
D. Pay phone
3. Orchha in Madhya Pradesh, where the ‘Namaste Orchha’ festival held in March 2020, is famous for which temple?
A. Saas-Bahu Temple
B. Kandariya Mahadev Temple
C. Ram-Raja Temple
D. Matangeshwar Temple
4. The Freedom in the World 2020 report by Freedom House ranks India at the:
A. 35th position
B. 68th position
C. 77th position
D. 83rd position
5. Which airport in Maharashtra has been renamed as ‘Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport’?
A. Aurangabad Airport
B. Nashik Airport
C. Pune Airport
D. Nagpur Airport
6. According to the United Nations Global Compact, how many women workers are present in India?
7. India, US signed a deal of how many crores for the security system of new VVIP aircraft?
A. 1100 crores
B. 1150 crores
C. 1200 crores
D. 1300 crores
8. Who has won ICC Women’s T20 World Cup?
B. New zealand
9. Which international magazine has included Indira Gandhi in the ‘100 Woman of the Year’ list?
10. Rajeev Suri has announced his resignation as the CEO and President of which multinational telecommunications and information Technology Company?
11. Consider the following statements related to Indian Ocean Commision:
1. India accepted as observer in Indian Ocean Commision.
2. The decision was taken at the meeting of the IOC Conference of ministers in Seychelles on March 6, 2020 making India the fifth observer.
3. The Indian Ocean Commission was created in 1972 at Port Louis, Mauritius, and later institutionalised in 1984.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. International court approves Afghanistan investigation.
2. Its founding treaty, the Rome Statute, entered into force on July 1, 2004.
3. The International Criminal Court (ICC), located in The Hague, is the court of last resort for prosecution of genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity.
13. Consider the following statements related to Solar Charkha Mission:
1. Based on the Expression of Interest (EOI), a total of 10 proposals have been approved under Mission Solar Charkha till date which is expected to benefit about 13784 artisans/workers.
2. Solar Charkha Mission Launched in 2018.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Nano Science and Technology 2020:
1. International Conference on Nano Science and Technology 2020.
2. Mission on Nano Science and Technology (Nano Mission) Launched in 2007.
3. It is as an “umbrella capacity-building programme”.
Answer: 1) A
The Badminton Asia Championships which was to be held in Wuhan, China will be held in Manila, Philippine due to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak in China. The Novel Coronavirus outbreak has caused cancellation, postponement or shifting of the several badminton tournaments as well as other tournaments in recent weeks all over the world.
Answer: 2) B
National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs today signed MoU with Amazon for e-marketing of products made by Self Help Groups (SHGs) across the country in urban areas.
Shehri Samridhi Utsav
Answer: 3) C
‘Namaste Orchha’ festival has begun in Orchha, Madhya Pradesh which is a famous tourist destination of the state.Namaste Orchha festival will showcase cultural landscape of Madhya Pradesh through a range of activities like art, music, dance, guided history tours and photography along with business meet and KisanMela. The festival will also feature a food and crafts bazaar that will have local cuisine and traditional handicrafts of the region.
Answer: 4) D
According to the ‘Freedom in the World 2020” report, which analyzes democratic values and people’s freedom in 195 countries & 15 territories and ranks them category-wise, released by the Freedom House, a U.S (United States) -based watchdog that conducts research and advocacy on democracy.
Key facts related to the Freedom in the World 2020 report
India’s position in the report
Answer: 5) A
Maharashtra government on Thursday approved renaming the airport at Aurangabad as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport. Sambhaji Maharaj was the son of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. The decision was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, an official said.Industries Minister Subhash Desai, who belongs to Uddhav Thackeray’s Shiv Sena party, said the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi alliance of the Sena, Congress, and NCP is committed to fulfilling the promises made to the people of the state. The airport is situated in the Chikhalthana area of Aurangabad.
Answer: 6) B
The United Nations Global Compact conducted a study recently and found that female labour participation has decreased from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020. The study also says that out of the 153 countries surveyed, India is the only country where economic gender gap is greater than political gap.
United Nations Global Compact
Answer: 7) C
India and the United States have signed a Rs 1200 crore deal for acquiring missile protection suites for the new Boeing VVIP planes that India is acquiring for the President and the Prime Minister. The new aircraft will be used for both international and domestic visits of the President and Prime Minister. The missile protection suites on the two Boeing-777 Extended Range planes will provide it the capability to fend off any missile attacks. A new 28-acre facility will also be created at the Indira Gandhi International Airport for housing the new Boeing 777 aircraft. The aircraft will be flown by Indian Air Force pilots who are getting trained in India by Air India which already operates the Boeing 777 in its fleet. The two planes are expected to arrive in India by the middle of 2020 to begin the VVIP duties.
Answer: 8) D
Defending champions Australia have won the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup for a record fifth time. Australia defeated India by 85 runs in the summit clash at Melbourn. Beth Mooney has been adjudged Player of the Tournament & Alyssa Healy has been adjudged the Player of the Match. The 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup was the seventh edition of this game and was held in Australia between 21 February and 8 March 2020.
Answer: 9) A
Former Indian PM Indira Gandhi and freedom fighter Amrit Kaur was named by the TIME magazine among the world’s 100 powerful women in the last century. TIME has named Kaur as ‘Women of the Year’ for the year 1947 and Indira Gandhi for the year 1976.
Why Women as Person of the Year?
Answer: 10) B
Rajeev Suri has announced that he will be stepping down as the President and CEO of Nokia on August 31, 2020. After that, he will continue to serve on Nokia’s board as an advisor till January 1, 2021.
Answer: 11) A
The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) group has approved India’s application for observer state in the group. The decision was taken at the meeting of the IOC Conference of ministers in Seychelles on March 6, 2020 making India the fifth observer. With this decision, India will join China, which was made an observer in 2016, as well as the “International Organisation of the Francophonie” or the 54-nation French-speaking collective, the European Union (EU) and Malta, which were all admitted in 2017.
About Indian Ocean Commission
Importance for India
Answer: 12) B
Appeals judges at the International Criminal Court gave the green light Thursday for prosecutors to open an investigation targeting the Taliban, Afghan forces and U.S. military and intelligence personnel for war crimes and crimes against humanity. The global court upheld an appeal by prosecutors against a pretrial chamber’s rejection in April last year of Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda’s request to open a probe in Afghanistan.
Answer: 13) C
Based on the Expression of Interest (EOI), a total of 10 proposals have been approved under Mission Solar Charkha till date which is expected to benefit about 13784 artisans/workers.
About Mission Solar Charkha
About the Khadi and Village Industries Commission
Answer: 14) D
The International Conference on Nano Science and Technology 2020 (ICONSAT) was held at Biswa Bangla Conventional Centre, Kolkata. The event was supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) & organized by S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata. The conference was held .
Mission on Nano Science and Technology (Nano Mission)
Outcomes and significance of the mission
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.