1. What percent of equity has been allowed for NRIs to acquire after cabinet gives nod for FDI policy on civil aviation?
2. Which Player has become 1st Cricketer to play 500 T20s?
A. Chris Gayle
B. Kieron Pollard
C. Dwayne Bravo
D. Virat Kohli
3. By which year has Government of India (GoI) decided to create 75 lakh Self Help groups (SHGs)?
4. Which state launched a dedicated monitoring cell under Mission Bhagiratha to invite grievances and issues of supply of drinking water?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
5. Which state Government has stopped issuing Protected Area Permits to foreigners to check the spread of coronavirus?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Andra Pradesh
D. Himachal Pradesh
6. Which Indian cricket player has announced his retirement recently?
A. Ganesh Satish
B. Wasim jafar
C. Akshay Vakhare
D. Akshay Karanwar
7. Anbazhagan who recently passed away belonged to which field?
8. Who gave Nari Shakti Awards for 2019?
A. Rajnath Singh
B. Narendra Modi
C. Amit Shah
D. Ram Nath Kovind
9. Which country will host the 5th BIMSTEC Summit in September?
A. Sri Lanka
10. How much did Moody’s reduce the G20 growth outlook?
11. Consider the following statements related to Self Help Group:
1. GoI to create 75 lakh Self Help Group by 2022.
2. The concept of Self-Help Groups was introduced in 1992 under the guidelines of RBI and NABARD.
3. Today, more than 70% of SHGs in the country consist of women.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. Delimitation commission for Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Manipur, Arunachal, Nagaland formed.
2. Under Article 72 of the Constitution, Parliament enacts a Delimitation Act after every Census which establishes a delimitation commission.
3. Chief Election Commissioner has nominated Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra as his representative on the commission.
13. Consider the following statements related to Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells:
1. Scientists at International Advanced Research for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad have developed Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells (PEMFC).
2. Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells is also known as Proton-exchange membrane fuel cells.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Endophytic Actinobacteria:
1. Researchers at the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) Guwahati found significant plant-growth-promoting and antifungal activities of endophyticactino bacteria associated with Tea plant and related genera, Eurya.
2. It is related to genera, Eurya which find potent plant growth-promoting strains.
3. Researchers isolated 46 endophyticactino bacteria found in diverse environments.
15. Consider the following statements:
1. Bimal Julka has recently appointed as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC).
2. With her induction, the total number of information commissioners in the Central Information Commission, including the chief information commissioner, has gone up to Nine.
Answer: 1) A
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Modi approved the FDI policy in civil aviation. According to this policy, 100% FDI is allowed in air transport services. Previously 49% was available for sale to NRIs.
Answer: 2) B
West Indies skipper Kieron Pollard became the first player in the history of T20 cricket to feature in 500 matches. Dwayne Bravo is second in the list with 453 matches under his belt so far. Chris Gayle is at the third spot in the list as he has featured in 404 T20 matches. The jersey had the all-rounder’s name at the back along with the number 500.
Pollard played the final of the T20 tournament the most 23 times
Answer: 3) C
Minister of Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar announced that more than 17 lakh Self Help Groups (SHGs) are to be developed by 2022. Currently, there are more than 60 lakh self help groups in the country mobilizing 6 crore women.
Women’s Self Help Groups (SHGs)
Other measures by GoI
Answer: 4) D
A dedicated monitoring cell was opened under Mission Bhagiratha to invite grievances and issues of supply of drinking water. The Mission Bhagiratha is a safe drinking water project that was launched for the state of Telangana. The aim of the cell is to get prepared to address water scarcity of summer. The cell constituted will record complaints and redress them without any delays.
Answer: 5) A
Arunachal Pradesh has decided to temporarily stop issuing Protected Area Permits (PAPs) to foreigners in an attempt to prevent the epidemic from reaching its borders. PAPs are issued to foreigners to enter the state that borders China.
Answer: 6) B
Former India opener Wasim Jaffer (42-years) announced his retirement from all forms of cricket in Mumbai. Jaffer had amassed a mountain of runs in a glorious first-class career that spanned almost a quarter-century. He also has the highest number of first-class hundreds to his name. Internationally, Jaffer played 31 Tests, scoring 1,944 runs at an average of 34.11. Besides five tons, he has 11 fifties in the highest format of the game, with 212 being his best.
Answer: 7) C
The DMK General Secretary K. Anbazhagan (97-years) passed away due to age-related problems. The prominent ideologist of the DMK, Anbazghagan has been the Dravidian party General Secretary since 1977. He has been elected to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly nine times and has been a cabinet minister in the Karunanidhi-led Government holding key portfolios like education and finance.
Answer: 8) D
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2019 at a ceremony held in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. Nari Shakti Puraskar is the highest civilian honour for women in India. The awards were conferred 15 eminent women in recognition of their efforts in rendering distinguished services towards the emancipation of women.
Nari Shakti Puraskar
Answer: 9) A
Sri Lanka will host the next Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) summit (5th edition) in early September this year. The summit will be preceded by the 17th Ministerial Meeting and 21st Senior Officials Meeting by the end of 2020. Sri Lanka is the Chair of BIMSTEC between 2018 & 2020 and it will hand over the chairmanship to Thailand by the end of 2020.
Answer: 10) B
Moody’s Investors Service stated that G-20 countries are expected to grow by 2.1% in 2020. Moody’s cuts 0.3 percentage points lower than its previous forecast, as the global spread of the coronavirus, is resulting in simultaneous supply and demand shocks. It cautioned that global recession risks have risen. The global credit rating agency is expecting these shocks to materially slow economic activity, particularly in the first half of this year (2020). The G-20 grouping includes advanced economies such as the US, Euro area, Japan, Germany, and the UK, and emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil, Russia, and Mexico.
Moody’s Corporation is an American business and financial services company.
The Headquarters of Moody’s is in New York, USA.
The G20 is the premier forum for international economic cooperation.
Answer: 11) A
Answer: 12) B
The government constituted a Delimitation Commission, to be headed by former Supreme Court judge Ranjana Prakash Desai, to redraw Lok Sabha and assembly constituencies of the Union Territory Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland.
About the Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai Commission
About the Delimitation Act
Answer: 13) C
Scientists at International Advanced Research for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad have developed Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells (PEMFC).
About Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells
Answer: 14) D
Researchers at the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) Guwahati found significant plant-growth-promoting and antifungal activities of endophyticactino bacteria associated with Tea plant and related genera, Eurya.
About the Endophytic Actinobacteria
Answer: 15) A
Bimal Julka has recently appointed as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC). With her induction, the total number of information commissioners in the Central Information Commission, including the chief information commissioner, has gone up to seven. President has administered the oath of office to Julka as CIC in the Central Information Commission.
According to rules, the CIC and ICs are appointed by the president on the recommendation of a committee consisting of the
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.