1. What is the name of app launched by Punjab government for Coronavirus?
A. COVA Punjab
B. COVID 19
C. Safe Punjab
D. COVID Punjab
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the Director General of Defence Intelligence Agency?
A. Praful Patel
B. KJS Dhillon
C. Farooq Khan
3. Which of the following state hosted the SAREX-2020 exercise of Indian Coast Guard?
4. Which State has topped list for highest number of Rooftop Solar installations?
5. In which of the following year, Government of India will make Sanitary Napkin Disposal mandatory?
6. Who has been awarded as the Dhruv Batra player of the year 2019 award in Men’s category?
A. Harmanpreet Singh
B. Manpreet Singh
C. Amit Rohidas
D. Gurinder Singh
7. Hans Raj Bhardwaj who passed away recently, belonged to which of the following fields?
8. Which university started its own community radio station?
9. On how many March did CISF celebrate 51st Foundation Day?
A. 10 March
B. 9 March
C. 8 March
D. 7 March
10. Who was provisionally suspended?
11. Consider the following statements related to UAHS:
1. UAHS develops new paddy variety resistant to blast disease.
2. First recorded in India during 1918.
3. Expected grain loss: 60 to 80%.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements:
1. 7 Congress MPs suspended from Lok Sabha.
2. During the previous tenure of the Narendra Modi government, 55 MPs were suspended under this rule in January 2019.
C. The general principle is that it is the role and duty of the Speaker of Lok Sabha to maintain order so that the House can function smoothly.
13. Consider the following statements related to Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme:
1. MSDE launches Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in Bengaluru.
2. Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) project aim to implement the mandate of the National Skill Development Mission (NSDM).
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Government to Launch Mahua-based Alcoholic Drink.
2. The beverage has a high nutritional value and relatively low alcohol content, at 5 per cent.
3. It has been developed by IIT-Delhi after two years of research in collaboration with TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India).
Answer: 1) A
Punjab Chief Secretary Karan Avtar Singh has launched a ‘COVA Punjab’ to sensitise people about Coronavirus disease. COVA stands for Corona virus alert. The app has been developed by the Department of Government Reforms and Public Grievances in consultation with the Health and Family Welfare Department to spread awareness by sharing various travel and preventive care advice.
Answer: 2) B
After serving at strategic XV Corps of Army last year, Lt Gen KJS Dhillon will take over the post of Director General Defence Intelligence Agency and Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Intelligence)
Lt Gen KJS Dhillon
Defence Intelligence Agency
Answer: 3) C
The final exercise of the National level Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX-2020) was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard in the sea at Vasco, South Goa district.
Answer: 4) D
Gujarat has topped the Solar Roof Top Plants nationwide. The state government has launched dedicated schemes to achieve renewable energy targets. At present, more than 50,915 rooftop solar plants have been installed in Gujarat.
Answer: 5) A
According to Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar, The Union Government has decided to make sanitary napkin disposal bags mandatory from January 2021. He said cleanliness norms in force in municipal areas will now be applicable to villages having a population of more than 3,000.
Answer: 6) B
Manpreet Singh and Rani Rampal won the Hockey India Dhruv Batra Player of the Year Award 2019 for Men and Women respectively, at the Hockey India 3rd Annual Awards 2019. Mr. Harbinder Singh won the prestigious Hockey India Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award 2019. Harbinder Singh, who was a member of the Tokyo Olympics 1964 gold medal winning team, was honored with Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award 2019,which carries a prize money of Rs 30 lakh and a trophy. He was also a member of the bronze medal winning team at the 1968 Mexico and 1972 Munich Olympics. India’s star striker Lalremsiami & were honoured with Upcoming Player of the Year 2019 (Women – Under 21) & (Men – Under 21). Manpreet became the 1st Indian to become the International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) best player of the year in 2019. Rani also became the first hockey player to win the World Games Athlete of the Year 2020 in January.
Answer: 7) C
Former Law Minister and senior Congress leader Hans Raj Bhardwaj (83-years) passed away at the Max Hospital, Saket, New Delhi. Hans Raj Bhardwaj was born in Garhi Sampla village in Rohtak district of Haryana. He was a Rajya Sabha member for five terms from April 1982 to June 2009. He was appointed the governor of Karnataka in 2009.
Answer: 8) D
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Ranchi University, Jharkhand launches its own Community Radio Station — RADIO KHANCHI 90.4 FM Aap Sabka Radio. Governor cum Chancellor Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the RADIO KHANCHI of Ranchi University. Vice-chancellor of the University, Dr Ramesh Kumar Pandey dedicated this Radio Station to all Women who have always remained the driving force behind every man.
Radio Khanchi under Ranchi University remains to be the first-ever University in the Eastern Zone to be gifted with a Community Radio Station by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and sponsored by Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Jharkhand.
Answer: 9) A
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) celebrated the 51st raising day on 10 March. The day was celebrated by CISF personnel and their families. On this day, the CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India with a strength of 2,800 forces in 1969. CISF was subsequently made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
Answer: 10) B
Indian runner Prachi ( (400m) has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for the presence of a steroid Oxandrolone, the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA). As per the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) and NADA list, Oxandrolone is a prohibited substance, which is a non-specified substance-Anabolic Androgenic Steroid. She waved off her right for B sample analysis and hence her case has been forwarded to the Anti Doping Disciplinary Panel for adjudication.
Answer: 11) A
The University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS), Shivamogga (Karnataka), has developed a new variety of paddy, ‘Sahyadri Megha’.
University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS)
Reasons Behind Developing the New Variety
Answer: 12) B
Seven Congress MPs have been suspended from Lok Sabha for the remaining period of the Budget session for their gross misconduct after they snatched papers from the Speaker’s table and utter disregard for House rules.
What is the reason for suspending an MP?
What are the rules under which the Speaker acts?
To deal with more recalcitrant Members, the Speaker may take recourse to Rules 374 and 374A. Rule 374 says:
What is the procedure for revocation of a Member’s suspension?
History of suspension
Answer: 13) C
The Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme in the Indian Institute of Management in Bengaluru. The Fellowship is launched as part of the SANKALP programme of the ministry to provide skilled manpower for District Skill Committees to prepare the District Skill Development plan.
About SANKALP Programme
The SANKALP program consists of four objectives
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship:
Answer: 14) D
The Government of India is set to launch a mahua-based alcoholic beverage in the market for the first time.
About the Mahua Nutribeverage
About the TRIFED
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.