1. Which country has become 1st country to suspend all financial markets?
D. South Africa
2. Who along with Arfa Sherwani has been conferred with Chameli Devi Jain Award?
A. Sanya mishra
B. Rohini Mohan
C. Sachna Kumar
D. Mohita Bansal
3. Who has been appointed as Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu & Kashmir?
A. Sunil Joshi
B. Sunil Arora
C. Hirdesh Kumar
D. Sanjay Mishra
4. Whose biography has been authored by Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Sushma Swaraj
C. Sheila Dikshit
D. Manohar Parrikar
5. Which Oil Company has inked the Crude Oil Sales Agreement (COSA) with Numaligarh Refinery?
A. Oil India Limited
B. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
C. Gas Authority of India Limited
D. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
6. Which Tech giant has partnered with Aegon to sell life insurance policies?
7. After the 39th GST Council meeting, how many percent was announced to increase the GST rate on mobile from 12%?
8. By which year has government has set up a target to achieve sales of around 70 lakh hybrid and electric vehicles?
9. Imtiaz Khan who recently passed away belonged to which field?
10. The Ordnance Factories’ Day observed every year on ____.
A. 16 March
B. 18 March
C. 14 March
D. 15 March
11. Consider the following statements related to Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020:
1. Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020 introduced in Lok Sabha.
2. The Bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha in 2016 and thereafter referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee (PSC).
3. The PSC, after taking evidence and wide spread consultations, submitted its report in July 2018.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
12. Consider the following statements related to Unnat Bharat Abhiyan:
1. Union Minister for Human Resource Development has informed about the ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’ in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
2. It was launched in 2016 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) and its upgraded version Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 was launched in 2018.
3. It is a flagship programme of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, with the intention to enrich Rural India.
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Ethiopia is building one of the largest dams in the world.
2. It is formerly known as the Millennium Dam and sometimes referred to as Hidase Dam.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
14. Consider the following statements related to Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2019:
1. Rajya Sabha passes Central Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2019.
2. Lok Sabha passed the bill in December 2019 while it was introduced in the Rajya Sabha on March 02, 2020.
3. It was introduced in Rajya Sabha by HRD Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
Answer: 1) A
The Phillipines has become the first country of the world to suspend all financial markets. The financial shutdown was confirmed from the statements from the Philippine Stock Exchange and the Bankers Association of the Philippines. The Philippine Stock Exchange was closed on 17th of March indefinitely, while currency and bond trading were suspended. The decision to suspend the financial markets was taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Phillipines authorities cited risks to the safety of traders as the key reason of shutdown.The decision to suspend the financial markets is expected to be followed by other exchanges amid a broad lockdown in the Philippines.
Capital of Philippines: Manila
Currency: Philippine Peso.
Answer: 2) B
Arfa Khanum Sherwani of “The Wire” and Bengaluru-based freelancer Rohini Mohan have been jointly awarded Chameli Devi Jain Award for outstanding woman journalist. Sherwani was chosen for her reporting from conflict situations in Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh and Mohan’s reportage on the NRC exercise in Assam set a new benchmark for investigative journalism. The jury comprised political scientist Zoya Hasan, journalists Sreenivasan Jain & Manoj Mitta.
The award is an Indian journalistic award which was instituted by the Media Foundation in 1980, named after Chameli Devi Jain, a legendary freedom fighter, community reformer who went to prison during India’s freedom struggle. The annual award recognises social concern, dedication, courage and compassion all over India from the print, broadcast and online media category.
Answer: 3) C
The Election Commission of India today appointed Hirdesh Kumar as the new Chief Electoral Officer of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. He will replace Shailendra Kumar with effect from the date he assumes charge. Hridesh Kumar, a 1999 batch IAS officer is presently serving as Commissioner Secretary in the School Education Department of J&K.
Lieutenant (Lt) Governors of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K): Girish Chandra Murmu.
Answer: 4) D
A book on former Chief Minister of Goa, Manohar Parrikar, title “An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar” is set to hit stands in April 2020.The book has been written by veteran journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar. It is being published by publishing house Penguin Random House India. Manohar Parrikar served as the Defence Minister of India from 2014 to 2017 and also served four times as the Chief Minister of Goa.
Answer: 5) A
India’s second-largest national oil explorer Oil India Ltd (OIL), signed an agreement with Numaligarh Refinery for purchase and sale of crude oil for a term of five years. The agreement was signed by the finance directors of the two companies. The expansion project involves setting up a crude oil pipeline from Paradip in Odisha to Numaligarh and product pipeline from Numaligarh to Siliguri in West Bengal. The expansion is expected to be completed by within a period of 48 months, after approval and receipt of statutory clearances.
Funding the Project
Answer: 6) B
Indian E-commerce company ‘Flipkart’ has tied up with Aegon Life Insurance to sell comprehensive insurance solutions for customers. The tie-up targets those customers who are seeking instant digital policies with a sum assured of up to Rs 10 lakh. These life insurance policies do not need medical tests or paperwork as it is an instant life insurance cover, with the digital policy as its core value proposition.
Answer: 7) C
After the GST Council meeting, it has been announced to increase the GST rate on mobile from 12% to 18%. A meeting of the 39th GST Council was held under the chairmanship of the Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman. In the council meeting, the GST rate on mobile phones has been increased from 12 percent to 18 percent. Also, the GST imposed on the service of aircraft has been reduced from 18 percent to 5 percent. This change in GST rates will be implemented from 1 April.
Answer: 8) D
The government has set an ambitious target to achieve sales of around 70 lakh hybrid and electric vehicles by the end of this year. Giving this information in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Heavy Industries Minister, Prakash Javadekar said, Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles in India, FAME scheme was initiated in 2015. He said the scheme was formulated to promote the manufacturing of electric and hybrid vehicle technology under the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020. In the 2nd phase of the scheme, it is aimed to support through demand incentives about seven thousand E-buses, 5 lakh E-3 wheelers, 55 thousand E-4 wheelers passenger cars and 10 lakh E-2 wheelers. He said the creation of charging infrastructure will be supported to address the anxiety among users of electric vehicles.
Answer: 9) A
Veteran Bollywood actor and filmmaker Imtiaz Khan recently passed away in Mumbai at the age of 77. He was famous for acting in several movies including YaadonKiBaaraat, Dharmatma and Dayavan. He is the husband of Krutika Desai, who is a popular film and television actress. He was also the brother of late actor Amjad Khan and son of the actor Jayant.
Answer: 10) B
The Ordnance Factories’ Day is observed on the 18th of March every year. The production of India’s oldest Ordnance Factory, which is at Cossipore of Kolkata, was started in 18th of March, 1802. The day is celebrated by displaying the rifles, guns, artillery, ammunition..etc in exhibitions all over India. The celebrations start with a parade and the exhibition will also display the photographs of various mountaineering expeditions.
Answer: 11) A
The Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020, was introduced in the Lok Sabha. The Bill was introduced by the Union Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya. Earlier, the Bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha in 2016 and thereafter referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee (PSC). The PSC, after taking evidence and wide spread consultations, submitted its report in July 2017. Based on this, the Ministry of Shipping introduced the official amendment to the Bill in the Lok Sabha in 2018. However, the Bill got lapsed after the dissolution of previous Lok Sabha.
What is landlord model?
Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020
What are the major ports of India?
Answer: 12) B
Union Minister for Human Resource Development has informed about the ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’ in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
Objective of the Abhiyan
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
What impact it is expected to create in society?
About Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0
Answer: 13) C
Ethiopia is building one of the largest dams in the world named Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.
About the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
What is a gravity dam?
Answer: 14) D
Rajya Sabha passed the Central Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2019 aimed at the extension of Central University status to three Sanskrit universities in the country. The bill was passed by voice vote. Replying to the discussion, Human Resource Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said, Sanskrit literature is the biggest treasure and legacy of India having a unique identity itself. He said, many countries across the world are doing research on Sanskrit and it is being taught in many universities. The Minister said India has given the knowledge to the entire world.
Three Sanskrit Universities
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.