• The US Federal Reserve cut interest rates to zero.
• The Fed’s hugely surprising move comes as the world fights to prevent further damage from the rapidly-spreading coronavirus.
• The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) decided to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to ¼%.
• This is the second time in as many weeks the US Fed has cut interest rates as the deadly virus threatens to cause massive disruption to the world economy.
• The first and last time interest rate were zero in the US was in December 2008 at the peak of the global financial crisis.
ECONOMY & POLICY
Banking & business development
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.