1.Consider the following statements related to SCO:
1.India to participate in SCO foreign ministers’ virtual meet on coronavirus.
2.The organisation expanded its membership to 8 countries when Pakistan and India joined SCO on June 9, 2015.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
2.Consider the following statements:
1.World Bank Project Agreement Signed to Reduce Flooding and Improve Irrigation in West Bengal.
2.The West Bengal Major Irrigation and Flood Management Project will benefit about 8.7 million farmers from five districts of West Bengal across.
3.The total value of the project is $413.8 million, co-financed between the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) ($145 million), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank ($145 million) and the Government of West Bengal ($123.8 million).
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3.Consider the following statements:
1.Centre gives nod for Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme.
2.The Scheme would run for the duration of five years and envisages to set up six to eight new test facilities in partnership with private industry.
4.Consider the following statements related to ‘Tour of Duty:
1.Indian Army mulls to recruit civilians for 3-year ‘Tour of Duty.
2.This proposal is part of the efforts of the Indian Army to attract the best talent of the country.
3.Currently, the shortest tenure is 10 years under the Short Service Commission.
A. 1 and 2 are correct1.
India will be participating in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Foreign Ministers’ meeting on Covid-19 . The video conference is being hosted by Russia. The initial remarks will be delivered by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO):
Main objectives of SCO
Following are the main objectives of SCO –
India in Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
Why is SCO important?
The Government of India, the Government of West Bengal and the World Bank here today signed a loan agreement for a $145 million project to improve irrigation services and flood management in the Damodar Valley Command Area (DVCA) in West Bengal.
The West Bengal Major Irrigation and Flood Management Project will benefit about 2.7 million farmers from five districts of West Bengal across 393,964 ha area with better irrigation services and improved protection against annual flooding to mitigate the impact of climate change.
Damodar Valley Corporation
Defence Minsiter Rajnath Singh approved the launch of Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) with an outlay of ₹400 crore for creating state-of-the-art testing infrastructure for domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing sector.
The Scheme would run for the duration of five years and envisages to set up six to eight new test facilities in partnership with private industry. This will facilitate indigenous defence production, consequently reduce imports of military equipment and help make the country self-reliant,” the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
The projects under the scheme will be provided with up to 75% government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’; the remaining 25% of the cost will be borne by the Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV), whose constituents will be Indian private entities and State Governments.
Importance of the project:
The Indian Army is considering a proposal to attract young working professionals to join the force for a three-year tenure as officers and in other ranks for a variety of roles. The ‘Tour of Duty (ToD) for three years is being mulled in the wake of “resurgence of nationalism and patriotism” in the country.
The proposal is stated to be an attempt to tap the feeling of the youths who do not want to join the Army as a profession but wish to experience military life for a temporary duration. The “game-changing” proposal is being examined by top commanders of the Army.
What is the TOUR OF DUTY scheme?
Comparison between ‘Short Service Commission’ and ‘Tour of Duty’:
Benefits for the government:
Benefits for citizens and the country:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.