1. Who among the following has been appointed as appointed director of NBT?
A. Lt Col Yuvraj Malik
B. Lt Deepak Kumar Mohanty
C. Lt M. Rajeshwkar Rao
D. Lt Malvika Sinha
2. Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate a new Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Telugu on January 21 in which city of Andhra Pradesh?
3. Tsai Ing-wen has wins in as the presidential election which country?
4. Government of India (GoI) has decided to set up 11-member Committee on royalty rates revision of minerals, who will be the Chairman of the Committee?
A. Balwant Rai Mehta
B. Akhilesh Ranjan
C. Rajnath Singh
D. Rajeshvanar Rao
5. 6th meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA) was held in ______________.
A. New Delhi
6. The Government of India launched Integrated Road Accident Database (IRAD), what is the estimated cost of developing complete project?
A. 350 crores
B. 258 crores
C. 400 crores
D. 500 crores
7. Which country finished 2019 as number one shooting nation in the world?
8. Which organisation of India publishes inflation rate?
A. Finance Ministry
B. Economic union of india
C. Reserve Bank of India
D. National Statistics Office
9. Which state of India has created Guinness World Record by preparing the largest quantity of Khichdi?
A. Himachal Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
10. Army Day is celebrated every year on which date?
A. 14 January
B. 15 January
C. 13 January
D. 12 January
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Philipinos evacuated as Taal volcano erupts near Manila.
2. There is a system of mid-ocean ridges more than 50,000 km long that stretches through all the ocean basins.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
12.3 Consider the following statements:
1. India’s under-5 mortality of girls exceeds that of boys, unlike global trend, says report.
2. Globally, 75% of deaths among children and young adolescents in 2018 occurred in the first five years of life.
3. The global report states that in 2018 fewer countries showed gender disparities in child mortality, and across the world, on average, boys are expected to have a higher probability of dying before reaching age-5 than girls.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
13. Consider the following statements:
1. Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the commissionerate system of policing for state capital Lucknow, and Noida .
2. The British brought the system first in Kolkata and followed it in Mumbai and Chennai presidencies.
14. Consider the following statements:
1. Statue of Unity finds a place in ‘8 Wonders of SCO’.
2. The Statue of Unity is the world’s tallest statue, is a monumental tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, independent India’s first home minister as well as deputy prime minister.
3. The statue was inaugurated in October 2018 by Prime Minister on the occasion of Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary.
15. Consider the following statements;
1. Govt launches road accident database.
2. The IRAD will be improved on the basis of the learnings from the trial, following which it will be rolled out across the country.
3. The system will be first piloted in the Seven States with highest fatalities from road crashes — Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
Answer: 1) A
Lt Col Yuvraj Malik has been appointed the Director of the National Book Trust (NBT) on deputation from the Indian Army. He replaced Sahitya Akademi-awardee writer Rita Chowdhury. Malik has also served with the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Home Affairs, and Raj Bhawan in Jammu & Kashmir, United Nation Missions in Africa and several operational areas in administrative and operational assignments including Jammu and Kashmir, Sikkim, Punjab and Rajasthan.
Headquarters of NBT: New Delhi. National Book Trust (NBT) works under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Chairman: Govind Prasad Sharma
Answer: 2) B
Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate a new Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Telugu on January 21 in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.The center will facilitate to focus its activities for the development of this rich classical Telugu through Research, seminars, debates and various activities.The Centre of Excellence for Studies in Classical Telugu (CESCT) came under the Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL).Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhrial ‘Nishank’ is also set to attend the event.
Andhra Pradesh governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister :YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Answer: 3) C
Taiwan – Tsai Ing-wen has secured a second term in office in Taiwan after winning the presidential election with 57.1 per cent of the votes. Tsai won 8.17 million votes, while her main rival Han Kuo-yu bagged 5.52 million votes (38.6 percent). Her Democratic Progressive party retained control of the legislature, according to final results.
Capital of Taiwan: Taipei
The currency of Taiwan: New Taiwan dollar
Answer: 4) D
The central government has decided to set up an 11-member committee to look into the issues related to the revision of royalty rates for minerals other than coal, lignite, sand for stowing and minor minerals. The committee will be headed by K. Rajeswara Rao, the additional secretary of the ministry mines. Mines secretaries of Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha will be the members of the committee. The committee will submit its report within 1 month to the ministry of mines.
Answer: 5) A
6th meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA) was held New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by Union Minister of Home Affairs (MoHA) Shri Amit Shah. The meeting focused on “Green Development in the Islands to reach new heights”. Also, during the meeting progress made towards “Holistic development of islands” were reviewed. The Island Development Agency (IDA) has taken up scientifically assessed sustainable development goals in order to improve growth of the Islands. This is the first time such an initiative is being implemented.
Answer: 6) B
The government of India (GoI) has launched an Integrated Road Accident database. It is a central accident database management system that will help in analysing causes of road crashes and in devising safety interventions to reduce such accidents in the country. This IT tool has been developed by the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) and will be implemented by the National Informatics Centre. The project costs ₹258 crore and is being supported by the World Bank. The system will be first piloted in the six States with highest fatalities from road crashes — Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. It was launched during ‘Road Safety Stakeholders’ Meet held in New Delhi.
Answer: 7) C
India finished this year as the top shooting nation in the world, leaving behind Olympic heavyweights China and the USA. In terms of overall medals, the tally stood at 21 gold, six silver and three bronze as India topped all the Rifle-Pistol World Cups and Finals in an unforgettable year. While India leads the standings with 30 medals overall, China is second with 11 gold, 15 silver and 18 bronze for a total of 44 podium finishes. The USA is placed third with 15 medals including six gold six silver and three bronze. The number of Olympic quotas, which now stands at a record 15, is not an only refection of the country’s rapid rise in the sport over the last one year but also sets up the shooters nicely for a record haul at the Tokyo Games, after the meltdown at Rio de Janeiro. Indian shooting’s best show at the Olympics remains the two medals won at London in 2012.
Answer: 8) D
Retail inflation rose to about five-and-half year high of 7.35% in December 2019, mainly due to the rise in prices of vegetables as onions. Now, it is surpassing the RBI’s comfort level, As per the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), the spike in inflation in the vegetable segment was 60.5% during the month compared to December 2018.The overall retail inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI) was 2.11% (in December 2018) and 5.54% ( in November 2019).The previous high in retail inflation was witnessed at 7.39% ( in July 2014).
The Central Government has mandated the Reserve Bank of India to keep inflation in the range of 4% with a margin of two per cent on either side.
Answer: 9) A
Himachal Pradesh has made the Guinness Book of World Records for preparing the largest-ever quantity of ‘bean and rice’ dish (khichdi) on 14 January 2020 at Tattapani in Mandi district. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur accepted the certificate on behalf of the state’s Tourism and Civil Aviation department. A team of 25 chefs from Holiday Home hotel in Shimla, cooked 1995 kg of the dish in a vessel weighing 270 kg, with the dimensions of four feet depth and seven feet diameter, that was specially acquired from Jagadhari in Haryana. The chefs’ team took five hours, 4 AM to 9 AM, to prepare the stew. The khichdi container was too heavy to be carried that a crane was used to tilt out the khichdi from the enormous container for serving khichdi to devotees at Tattapani. Earlier, the record for making the largest amount of khichdi (918.8 kg) was held by celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Sanjeev Kapoor represented the Indian ministry of food processing industries at an event in New Delhi on November 4, 2017.
Answer: 10) B
The 72nd Army Day is being celebrated across the country. Army Day is celebrated every year on 15th January to mark the day when (then) Lieutenant General KM Popularly known as “Kipper”, KM Cariappa was the first Indian commander-in-chief of the Indian Army. The day is celebrated to pay homage, salute to the courageous and brave Indian soldiers who have been sacrificing their lives for protecting the country. On Army Day, General Bipin Rawat (Chief of Defence Staff), General Manoj Mukund Naravane(Army chief), Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria (Air Force Chief)and Admiral Karambir Singh (Navy Chief) paid tributes at the National War Memorial Ground in New Delhi.
Answer: 11) A
In the Philippines, a volcano called Taal on the island of Luzon; 50 km from Manila, recently erupted, spewing lava on the ground, and ash and smoke into the sky.
Types of Volcanoes
1. Complex volcano
2. Shield Volcanoes
3. Cinder Cone Volcanoes:
4. Composite Volcanoes:
6. Flood Basalt Provinces
7. Mid-Ocean Ridge Volcanoes
Answer: 12) B
Recently the United Nations (UN) inter-agency group for child mortality released a report ‘Levels and Trends in Child Mortality’. According to the report India is among the few countries in the world where, in 2018, the mortality under-5 years of girls, exceeded that of boys. The burden of child mortality is determined both by the mortality rate (the proportion of children who die) and by the estimated population of any given State (total number of annual births).
Highlights of the report
1. Global Scenario
2. India Scenario
Answer: 13) C
The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the commissionerate system of policing for state capital Lucknow, and Noida. The system gives more responsibilities, including magisterial powers, to IPS officers of Inspector General of Police (IG) rank posted as commissioners. Depending on its success here, the policing system may gradually be implemented in other districts as well.
About police commissionerate system
How many states have it?
Answer: 14) D
Recently External Affairs Minister announced that the 182-meter tall Statue of Unity in Gujarat has been included in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list.
About the SCO Wonder List
About the ‘Statue of Unity
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
Answer: 15) A
The government has recently launched a central accident database management system.It will help in analysing causes of road crashes and in devising safety interventions to reduce such accidents in the country.
How it works
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.